Climbing the Mountain

Comments

• holland and barrett

they are on top cashback too
    debts 16550
    Mortgage 69500
  • Thank you Huskyrunner, I always forget about Holland and Barrett! There used to be a one in our town but it closed down a few years ago. There is a local health shop still going, I'll take a look there before I order just to check prices, and I do try to support local businesses if I can.

Things are going really well at the moment! I managed to cross another big job off my list. There aren't many big jobs left, and all of the really big ones have been completed. Seeing the house look neat and tidy and knowing I am no longer behind on things has put a spring in my step and a smile on my face. Someone could ring the doorbell right now and I'd happily invite them in for a cup of tea without hesitation, something I wouldn't have done a few months ago for fear of them seeing the mess.

The mild weather has continued to help me feel good, I am taking very few painkillers and am able to go up and down the stairs without any problems. I've taken my little dog on a few long walks and he has enjoyed them as much as I have. I found his little Christmas coat in back of the closet and he's been bringing a smile to people's faces as we walk by. The longer walks are helping to tire me out properly and I have been sleeping really well at night.

I'm working on a meal plan but haven't sorted the budget yet. I'm still doing well though and have had quite a few NSD or very LSDs. There's more money in the bank than there has been for awhile, though I'm looking forward to have sorted out a proper budget where I account for every penny.

I hope everyone is having a nice afternoon xx
  • maddiemay
    maddiemay Posts: 4,985 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Sorry not commented for a while, there has been some serious family health stuff going on, but hopefully things looking better now (fingers crossed smiley).

I am so pleased for you, you are doing so well, you will have a lovely Christmas now that you have accomplished so much:D You may find that the meal planning and the budget start to come together as you become more happy and relaxed.

I am so far behind you, but it will happen bit by bit as I have energy. Today I have had a massive clothes trying on session, lots of nice things ready for the charity shop. One of the downsides of being ill is that I have lost a shed load and some, of weight, I was a slim healthy weight before so it is rather unwelcome, but I hope eventually to regain some of it:D Meanwhile I will try and enjoy being a skinny minnie and make sure that no one sees me un dressed:rotfl:
    The best thing about the future is that it comes one day at a time. (Abraham Lincoln)
  • Bobarella
    Bobarella Posts: 10,824 Forumite
    Savvy Shopper! I've been Money Tipped!
    Glad everything is going so well MMT & hugs to you Maddiemay
    " Your vibe attracts your tribe":D

Debt neutral :) 27/03/17 from £40k:eek: in the hole 2012.
    Roadkill 17 £56.58 2016-£62.28 2015- £84.20)
    RYSAW17 £1900 2016 £2,535.16 2015 £1027.20
  • Your decluttering is going great, well done Hun.
  • No problem Misty hope your doing okay
    Cashback Earnings YTD £46.04 Survey Earnings YTD £182.66
    "Always always train, be the best version of you that you can physically be"
  • Thank you all for the nice comments, they help keep me going! I have to remind myself maddiemay, that we can only do what we can do. I look at EssexH or Purplemo2 and feel very inadequate!

Most of my mess can be attributed to when I was poorly, as it just kept piling up. It's only now that I'm feeling better and back to work that I've had the courage and energy to tackle it. Some good friends have passed away unexpectedly in the last couple of years and I've realised I need to make the most of whatever time I have left. Having a house full of junk was always weighing on my mind, as was not feeling able to have friends over anymore because of the embarrassment. I don't know if or when I might be ill again, so need to get rid and organise while I can. I don't want to leave a mess behind for my family to deal with in case the worst happens. I've seen it happen to other people and it's heartbreaking for them to have to wade through it all.

I'm not completely done, but I've made huge inroads and expect to be completely decluttered and organised by Feb/March at the latest. I would be finished sooner but I adding things to the list :p

I've a few errands to run this morning, I'll walk into town for the exercise. This afternoon I'll cross a few things off the list before making dinner and going to work this evening. :T
  • Do NOT be feeling inadequate in any way in comparison to me lovely - you should see the state of my spare room - decluttered it ain't! :rotfl: Have you heard of CHAOS? (Can't Have Anyone Over Syndrome) - that's me a LOT of the time! :rotfl:

I've always found Holland & Barrett rather expensive - but that said they do have the odd special offer that makes them worth keeping an eye on.

I found out why ZipVit's delivery was slow - the postman left my parcel under someone else's doormat. Not ZV's fault at all - by the sound of it they were quite speedy! :D
    🎉 MORTGAGE FREE (First time!) 30/09/2016 🎉 And now we go again…New mortgage taken 01/09/23 🏡
    Balance as at 01/09/23 = £115,000.00
    Balance as at 31/12/23 = £112,000.00
    SOA CALCULATOR (for DFW newbies): SOA Calculator
    she/her
  • I'm still amazed by your organizational skills EssexH, no matter what the state of your spare room! You seem to pack so much into one day. Sometimes I think I need a lie down after taking out the rubbish. :p

I haven't done anything about the supplements, I walked right past the health food shop this morning and forgot all about going in. I'll have a look on ZipVit now.
  • Zip vit is good i have ordered from them before.
    Cashback Earnings YTD £46.04 Survey Earnings YTD £182.66
    "Always always train, be the best version of you that you can physically be"
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure