IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

P4 Parking Fine in Scotland

Hi,

I have read the newbies thread, and have a question.

I have a permit for parking outside my flat, but I did not have it displayed in my car. I received a parking ticket from P4 Parking and appealed it. They denied the appeal as it should have been on display, but I complained some more and they stopped replying.

I then received another parking ticket in the same car park outside my flat, because I didn't have my permit on display again. This time, I didn't bother appealing the ticket.

I am now receiving letters from TNC Debt Collectors. Having read the Newbies thread, it would seem that in Scotland I'm safe to just ignore all these letters. But it refers specifically to 'fake PCNs' and I just wanted to make sure that it's safe to keep ignoring them.

Thanks.

Comments

• catfunt
    catfunt Posts: 624 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    I hope you didn't out the driver.

In Scotland, keeper liability does not apply and they can only chase the driver.
    They can only legitimately chase the driver if they know who that is.

That is why you completely ignore tickets in Scotland. If you don't contact them you can't inadvertently out yourself as the driver.
  • Thanks for the reply. I used the appeals form on the TNC website to say that I was not aware that I had been issued a ticket and explained that I am the owner of a parking permit and would not be paying.

I also appealed on the P4 Parking website at this point, but they aren't interested as the time given to appeal has been exceeded.

That obviously means I admitted to it being my car, but they already know that from information they obtained from the DVLA. I'm not sure if that counts as outing the driver.

Thanks again.
  • beamerguy
    beamerguy Posts: 17,587 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    edited 28 September 2016 at 7:00PM
    joonby wrote: »
    Thanks for the reply. I used the appeals form on the TNC website to say that I was not aware that I had been issued a ticket and explained that I am the owner of a parking permit and would not be paying.

I also appealed on the P4 Parking website at this point, but they aren't interested as the time given to appeal has been exceeded.

That obviously means I admitted to it being my car, but they already know that from information they obtained from the DVLA. I'm not sure if that counts as outing the driver.

Thanks again.

No problem joonby .... owning a car does not mean you are the driver

P4 Parking they know the deal .... hoots mon, it's Scotland
  • pappa_golf
    pappa_golf Posts: 8,895 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Hi,

I have read the newbies thread, and have a question.

had you have read the newbies thread , you would haver known that the POFa 2012 does not apply in scootland , and you should have ignored them
    Save a Rachael

buy a share in crapita
  • Should have, but didn't. I only read the Newbies thread after I'd appealed to both P4 Parking and TNC.
  • catfunt
    catfunt Posts: 624 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    THat's ok then !

Keep letters but do not respond any further in any way.

You will get increasingly desperate and hysterical letters from (powerless) debt collectors in big red scary font, and threatening to eat your children and spread bubonic plague to your whole family (just kidding) But they cannot take you to court.

In the unlikely event you get court papers, come back here, but such an event is as likely as AFC Bournemouth winning the Premier League.
  • bod1467
    bod1467 Posts: 15,214 Forumite
    Thanks for the reply. I used the appeals form on the TNC website to say that I was not aware that I had been issued a ticket and explained that I am the owner of a parking permit and would not be paying.

Thanks again.
    beamerguy wrote: »
    No problem joonby .... owning a car does not mean you are the driver

P4 Parking they know the deal .... hoots mon, it's Scotland

A close shave, but I agree - you've not specifically identified yourself as the driver, merely the vehicle owner. (Knowing the exact wording you used in your appeal would let us confirm this).
  • beamerguy
    Should have, but didn't. I only read the Newbies thread after I'd appealed to both P4 Parking and TNC.

Very few read the newbies thread but no worries, you are in Scotland,
    unless you tell them who the driver was .... YOU WON'T, let them dream on
  • bod1467 wrote: »
    A close shave, but I agree - you've not specifically identified yourself as the driver, merely the vehicle owner. (Knowing the exact wording you used in your appeal would let us confirm this).

Unfortunately I don't have access to the exact wording that I used as it was done via an online form on their website. Needless to say they haven't bothered replying to it yet...
  • beamerguy
    Unfortunately I don't have access to the exact wording that I used as it was done via an online form on their website. Needless to say they haven't bothered replying to it yet...

So, quick question for a quick answer ....

DID YOU NAME THE DRIVER ???? That is a YES or NO
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport