Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread

Comments

• mhoc
    mhoc Posts: 19,262 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    SSM hangs head in shame...... as I confess I am still buying the boys clothes........... they range in age between 21 and 27!

eldest son bought his own clothes even from the time he was at college and just had a Saturday job, the younger one similar but mostly its outdoor sports kit - nothing Would ever be suitable if I bought anything so I never have, not even a t shirt
    “Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.”
  • TrulyMadly
    TrulyMadly Posts: 39,754 Forumite
    Cashback Cashier
    davemorton wrote: »
    We didnt, I was only 'Kidding' ;)

I hope this doesn't goat out of hand:o
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
  • TrulyMadly
    Cashback Cashier
    rhosynbach wrote: »
    You are such a better mum than me :o I do buy ds3 clothes but he is only 16. But ds2 always offers to pay for everything g I get for him, don't always take it though. ;). I think because when the older ones where little we where really struggling, and used to hide from the rent man.:o so they know how hard it has been for us they are really careful with money, and don't want to get into debt.

Tough times rhos:o

But look where you are now:T
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
  • OMG, £80 a week. That is horrendous.

The ring is white gold, no idea about the carat. I had £1250 in vouchers and just picked a ring for that amount... :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Ah they should have told you what carat, it's lovely :D
  • scamps1966
    scamps1966 Posts: 5,648 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    TrulyMadly wrote: »
    I hope this doesn't goat out of hand:o

Just don't billy me to make a goat joke!
  • TrulyMadly
    Cashback Cashier
    scamps1966 wrote: »
    Just don't billy me to make a goat joke!

Scamps:rotfl::rotfl:

You must have a pun radar:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
  • Sunshinemummy
    Sunshinemummy Posts: 17,377 Forumite
    mhoc wrote: »
    in the olden days it used to be you divided your wages up -1/3 board 1/3 savings and the remaining 1/3 you could spend :D
    davemorton wrote: »
    But then we got rid of the groat, I know, it must have been hard for you to make that transition ;)

There were times when youngsters received their wages, and handed these to mum who then gave them pocket money.

If I pushed too much, they may choose to leave home and nothing is worth that.......I miss them when they go away for a few days. I always talk to DS2 and DS3 every day. Our new house was designed so that they can all live at home forever, even with girlfriends and kids!
    mhoc wrote: »
    eldest son bought his own clothes even from the time he was at college and just had a Saturday job, the younger one similar but mostly its outdoor sports kit - nothing Would ever be suitable if I bought anything so I never have, not even a t shirt

What sports to they do?

Mine do sports like kayaking, climbing, biking. Anything dangerous....x
  • Sunshinemummy
    Sunshinemummy Posts: 17,377 Forumite
    Why is Gary Linekar semi naked?
  • I had lodgers in the mid 90s, Mon to Fri only, room only (I provided linen, loo rolls and soap) and they paid £25/week each and they bought and cooked their own food.
    “All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.”

• TrulyMadly
    Cashback Cashier
    There were times when youngsters received their wages, and handed these to mum who then gave them pocket money.

If I pushed too much, they may choose to leave home and nothing is worth that.......I miss them when they go away for a few days. I always talk to DS2 and DS3 every day. Our new house was designed so that they can all live at home forever, even with girlfriends and kids!

What sports to they do?

Mine do sports like kayaking, climbing, biking. Anything dangerous....x

Skydiving too:o

I nearly had to be anaesthetised every Saturday afternoon:o
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing