Paying the car tax via EBay, and other shenanigans.

Comments

• mfmaybe
    mfmaybe Posts: 1,176 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Waaay behind with updates. But have updated my sig as another payment made to the 0% card. Haven't made the family debt payment yet, just because the said family member owes me for various things so I need to work out the net payment!

Have at least got nearly up to date with my spreadsheet again. Main bank account very tight but savings account looking a LOT healthier than it was. Should take a tiny bit of the pressure off of maternity leave, which starts in 2 and a bit weeks :D

Will try to keep up to date more when I can.
    0% card was £1126.91 / Now £1502.37

AFD March 2/15 NSD March 2/11 :T

Other debts paid since 1/1/14: £17,005
  • mfmaybe
    Oh I am so behind these days!

Finally got all my spreadsheets up to date so I know where I am. This month has been a bit odd but am nearly back under control. OH just needs to tell me what I'm due him on his credit cards. Then I'm all caught up again.

The good news is that I've managed to put all my bonus and some other bits and pieces aside, so have a bit of a cushion for my maternity leave. And tomorrow is the last day at work :eek:.

The bad news is that I don't know exactly what I'm going to be paid from now on (even this month, when I get part monthly salary, part weekly maternity). And in a few short weeks it will plummet to practically nothing. But we will survive. Spent a fair bit recently doing up our bathroom, and on the spare room changes etc, but have pretty much everything we need for the bump now so hopefully not too many surprises.

Still waiting on some cashback to become payable but other than that, very little movement. Will try to keep up more though :p

• mfmaybe
    edited 21 August 2015 at 5:44PM
    Quick update to say our little boy arrived safe and sound at the end of July. He's 3 weeks old already and has us smitten. :A:D:j

I've no idea what my finances are like though. Missed a credit card payment by accident (minimum done by DD so just an interest issue) and our laptop with the finance spreadsheet on it has died. :mad: Luckily I'm not spending much but lost track a bit. (Edit: sig shows progress on family debt though!)

One handed typing with sleeping baby so more later.

• brizzledfw
    brizzledfw Posts: 7,302 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Wow!!! That's wonderful news. Huge congratulations on the safe arrival of another MSEr!!

I have MIA for ages in here but just catching up. Hadn't even realised you were pregnant so it's been great to read your progress.

Well done on keeping on top of the debts over the last year....you will find space at some stage ;) to get back on the monitoring there..in my experience baby brain doesn't last forever! But the broken nights are pretty rough..:) mine are now a teenager and a pre teen and they are wonderful...worth every moment of exhausted breastfeeding and nappy changes :D
    MFiT-T4 Member No. 96 - 2022 is my MF goal :D
    Winter 17/18 Savings Rate Goal: 25% [October 30%] :T
    Declutter 60 items before 31.03.18 9/60 ** LSDs Target 10 for March 03/10 **AFDs 10/15 ** Sales/TCB Target 2018 £25/£500 NSDs Target 10 for March 02/10 Trying to be a Frugalista:rotfl::T
  • Brilliant news. Hope everyone is doing well
    Mortgage at 01.01.14 £119,481.83:eek: today £0 Emergency fund £5.5/5.5k & £200/200 cash.:jWeight 24/02/19 14st 7lb now 11st11lb determined to stop defining myself by my mistakes. Progress not perfection.:T100%through my 1% mortgage challenge. 40.25% through my pb challenge.
  • Congratulations :)
  • lucielle
    lucielle Posts: 10,717 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Congratulations.
    L
    Total Debt Dec 07 £59875.83 Overdrafts £2900,New Debt Figure ZERO !!!!!!:j 08/06/2013
    Lucielle's Daring Debt Free Journey
    DFD Before we Die!!!! Long Haul Supporter #124
  • Baldybear
    Baldybear Posts: 1,656 Forumite
    First Anniversary Debt-free and Proud! I won, I won, I won!
    Many congratulations on the new arrival :)
  • Congratulations!!!! So pleased all is well x x x
  • mfmaybe
    Thanks everyone. Amazingly he's now 5 weeks. Where is the time going?? I'm reading a few diaries but not much to add to my own right now. Good news is that DH got a pay rise that will help with our current income gap. And I'm spending much less on fuel and incidentals. Monthly credit card bill is the smallest it's ever been.

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family