Travel Insurance for Older Persons

Options

Comments

• Zipped50
    Zipped50 Posts: 17 Forumite
    Options
    We are taking my aunt on holiday to Ireland ( northern and Southern ) on a coach tour.
    Where can I get travel insurance from ?
    All the ones I have seen have been for 80 or under. She is quite mobile , no heart problems that we know of , bp ok , in fact the only thing wrong is she has glaucoma.

All info deeply apprciated from a *newbie*

**Zippy**
  • maclean2
    maclean2 Posts: 709 Forumite
    Options
    Hi

Try Marks & Spencer via the link under "provider a-z" on the LH panel on this site and click on ""travel insurance".If they can't quote a reasonable price please repost as there are other possibilities.

Best of luck
  • nearlyrich
    nearlyrich Posts: 13,698 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Hung up my suit!
    Options
    See this thread in Silver Surfers ....:money:
    Free impartial debt advice from: National Debtline or Stepchange[/CENTER]
  • savvy
    savvy Posts: 31,128 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Zipped50 wrote:
    All info deeply apprciated from a *newbie*

**Zippy**
    Hi Zippy, welcome to the site. I have moved your post to this thread in order to keep similsr posts in one place, thereby helping future users with searches etc.

savvy
    Honorary Northern Bird bestowed by Anselm
    I'm a Board Guide and volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly on Special Occasions, Green/Ethical, Motoring/Overseas/UK Travel & Flood boards, it's not part of my role to deal with reportable posts. Report inappropriate or illegal posts to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. Views are MINE & not official MSE ones ;)
  • Mark_B_5
    Mark_B_5 Posts: 78 Forumite
    Options
    Hi guys and girls :D i need to get some travel insurnace for my granddad

Can anyone point me in the right direction??

Most companies have been very expensive £100+ or just wont quote??

all help appreciated
  • nearlyrich
    nearlyrich Posts: 13,698 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Hung up my suit!
    Options
    Have a look at this thread and this one, hope you get sorted and he has a good holiday.:money:
    Free impartial debt advice from: National Debtline or Stepchange[/CENTER]
  • theloft
    theloft Posts: 1,703 Forumite
    Options
    TRAVEL INSURANCE FOR SENIORS OVER 70 ??[/COLOR]
    Just the same as hiring a car, it seems that travel insurance companies don't want to know anyone aged over 70 !! Although people are living longer and are healthier, they see this as a great opportunity to rip people off by charging them exorbitant sums for insurance. Car hire in Ireland, charged 25 euros a day surcharge just because someone had reached their 70th birthday!
    Travel Insurance goes up from £84.60 annual world-wide multitrip to £232 for single trip (Europe) because someone reaches their 70th. Please don't suggest Saga, their rates are extremely high ! But if anyone else has had this problem in their family, I would be pleased to hear if they found a reasonable solution.
    "0844 COSTS YOU MORE"
  • maclean2
    maclean2 Posts: 709 Forumite
    Options
    Yes the answer is on this site.Look under Insurance on the left side of this site/click on travel insurance/you will see various companies mentioned including two who offer reasonable prices for annual cover for those in their 70's.
  • WPC
    WPC Posts: 89 Forumite
    Options
    I'm struggling as well. I'm looking for insurance for my Dad who will be 80 years by the time they go on their cruise.
    It looks as though he will have to take out an anual policy. Have received a quote from the AA this being £142.09 (-5%) if AA member.
    Let me know if you have any success.
  • theloft
    theloft Posts: 1,703 Forumite
    Options
    WPC If I were you I would get quotes just for the cruise. I managed to get a good quote from Barclaycard Direct (link via INSURANCE on left of this page). Take no notice of the fact that the website say maximum 65. Give them a ring (geographic telephone number on "say no to 0870" - Customer Services and they transferred me, very helpful). !!
    Also try Insure & Go, & direct travel insurance. Links also there.
    "0844 COSTS YOU MORE"
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport