IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

NPM & ZZPS PCN for parking in my allocated parking spot.

2»

Comments

• Johnersh wrote: »
    I'd send the PPC an Arkell v Pressdram letter (google it). Perhaps not literally, but you get the point :)

The score is this:
    1. There is a scheme at the flats ostensibly to prevent non-residents parking;
    2. You are resident;
    3. The PPC know you are resident, since they issued a ticket to you at that address;
    4. The PPC can check that you are resident now if they wish to:
    5. The PPC wishes to charge you, notwithstanding that you are a resident and this is contrary to the aims of the scheme;
    6. The PPC wishes to charge you notwithstanding that it is foreseeable that residents may be away over the Christmas vacation and may not be able to affix a new permit.

Usual rules apply: Does your lease (a) entitle you to park a car and (b) require you to display a permit.

If there is no requirement to display a permit they may have no grounds to ticket at all, with the reserve argument that even if they did, the issue has arisen as a result of their failure - a decision to set the expiry period for permits over a national holiday. The permit is a methodology the PPC uses for their convenience they could easily just check registrations. The continued pursuit of the claim against you serves no legitimate purpose since at all times you as a resident would (presumably) have been entitled to park there.

If proceedings are issued
    There is a template for this, but it will have lots of stuff in it that isn't necessarily relevant to your case, so do feel free to delete sections from it when the time comes.

My Tenancy agreement does not mention anything about parking
  • The_Deep wrote: »
    This is an entirely unregulated industry which is scamming the public with inflated claims for minor breaches of contracts for alleged parking offences, aided and abetted by a handful of low-rent solicitors.

Parking Eye, CPM, Smart, and another company have already been named and shamed, as has Gladstones Solicitors, and BW Legal, (these two law firms take hundreds of these cases to court each year). They lose most of them, and have been reported to the regulatory authority by an M.P. for unprofessional conduct

Hospital car parks and residential complex tickets have been especially mentioned.

The problem has become so rampant that MPs have agreed to enact a Bill to regulate these scammers. Watch the video of the Second Reading in the HofC recently.

and complain in the most robust terms to your MP. With a fair wind they will be out of business by Christmas.

I have made a complaint to my MP and got a reply and below is the reply I got which was not helpful as the PPC only allows appeals using IAS and I didn't bother going through the process as the last time i appealled on IAS, they ruled in favour of NPM.

Dear XXXX

Thank you for your e-mail and my apologies in the slight delay in getting back to you.

I hope you find the following links below helpful:

The British Parking Association (BPA) have appointed Ombudsman Services to provide an independent redress service to POPLA (Parking on Private Land Appeals),

**Gave a few website links I am not allowed to post due to being a newbie on this site**

I do hope this information is beneficial to you both. Do let me know if you feel we can be of further assistance.

Best wishes

Luke

Office of Mr Andrew Lewer MBE MP

Conservative Member of Parliament for Northampton South

House of Commons, London SW1A 0AA Tel: 0207 219 3870

42 Billing Road, Northampton NN1 5DE Tel: 01604 978080
  • fisherjim wrote: »
    If it's these muppets you have little to fear:

National_Parking_Management.html_formerly_Northamptonshire_Parking_Management.html/QUOTE]

Yes, it is National Parking Management.
  • Should I ignore the letter from ZZPS or should I send a reply to their letter.

Thank you all for your help.
  • KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,567 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 17 April 2018 at 9:49PM
    trademarc wrote: »
    Should I ignore the letter from ZZPS or should I send a reply to their letter.

Thank you all for your help.
    Fruitcake answered that question in the first reply to received on this thread - over two weeks ago.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure