IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

ukpp ltd Newcastle Airport

Comments

• ShellyWidd
    ShellyWidd Posts: 23 Forumite
    Is it worth contacting them via letter as I did with the other debt collectors as this appeared to prompt the supposed sale of the debt or should I just ignore them?
  • Castle
    Castle Posts: 4,151
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    ShellyWidd wrote: »
    Is it worth contacting them via letter as I did with the other debt collectors as this appeared to prompt the supposed sale of the debt or should I just ignore them?
    No.... because your debt hasn't been sold; Zenith and DRP are the same company.
  • ShellyWidd
    Yet another letter today saying "Please be aware that if payment is not received this matter will be passed to our legal department with the recommendation that legal proceedings are necessary to recover the amount owed" and in capitals again NOTICE OF INTENTION TO COMMENCE LEGAL PROCEEDINGS

It is so comical really does their "legal department " if it exists need to be told what to do??

I'm seriously fed up of them now . Is there anyway of stopping all the threats?
  • KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,426
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Is there anyway of stopping all the threats?
    Only by paying them.
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,252
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Forumite
    Is there anyway of stopping all the threats?
    It won't stop them immediately, but in terms of the bigger picture, write to your MP and show him/her the level of threat and intimidation meted out by the PPC to you in the pursuit of their greed and profit.

Remember, your MP is one of this country's lawmakers.
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • ShellyWidd
    Well saying as how I don't really owe anything that is not gona happen
  • KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,426
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Well saying as how I don't really owe anything that is not gona happen

What's 'not gona happen'?

You're not gona write to your MP? Why not?

Please be clear on who you are replying to.
  • ShellyWidd
    [Only by paying them] KeithP is what I was refering to, which is clearly "what is not going to happen" as I had never parked at anytime despite ukpp ltd trying to say i had. May i just say you picking on me for forgetting to mention your quote is really not helping!
  • ShellyWidd
    So today I have received a very dubious solicitors letter from Gladstones saying their clients UK Parking patrol office Ltd and their agent Debt recovery plus now has the option to commence proceeding in the civil court, if I don't pay up in the next 14 days
    I say dubious as it is signed electronically by the looks of it, Gladstones solicitors not with an actual name of a person.
    Can anyone suggest how I tackle this one please
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,252
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Forumite
    Who does the letter tell you to pay?

Does the letter reference commence 1xxx, 3xxx or 4xxx?
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport