IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Naughty Parking peoples

Comments

• Stacey81
    Stacey81 Posts: 116 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    edited 4 March 2018 at 10:12PM
    No sure if this info help or not

Ringlets is private rent

BPHA is housing association. Like council property.

All parking belong to private flats but nots my space.

Me tenancy agreement same as everyone else it be funny cause say bout a lift me not have as me flat have own front door others share comunial front door. As they give me same agreement it do say no parking aloud.

But before me even agree move in me came see flat with Mum, OT, and social worker and parking was one main question we ask. Cause needed no carers could park. We do have parking permits to put in van we keep in me blue badge.

Never ever have problem till recent. Cause private peoples beers complaint bout people parking on corners but cept it is private people doing it. So all confusing

Maybe me can find old emails say my parking space. Me will looks.
    I glad I find this forum :A:T
  • beamerguy
    beamerguy Posts: 17,587 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Hi Stacey, see you are romancing with cretins again ?

First the cretins from Smart Parking and now the cretins
    from CPM ??

Why don't you tell your story to Sir Greg Knight who
    instigated the members private bill against cretins.

Tell him that the cretins are stopping your carers visiting
    because they are being scammed by CPM
    https://www.parliament.uk/biographies/commons/sir-greg-knight/1200
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,589 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    The housing officer was surprised to hear about the spot but while talking to Stacey they were able to pull up the property map that shows this to be true. That the car parking spot we park in is the only car parking spot assigned to them (BPHA) which is directly connected to our flat as it is a disabled flat. We can easily get this in writing and it sounds like that would be a good idea to support our appeal letter!
    Hi Stacey and John,

In your case I think if you can get all that evidence, yours is a rare one for us to write you an IAS appeal. Can you get that evidence? IAS appeals are generally hopeless but yours is different.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Fruitcake
    Fruitcake Posts: 58,231 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    I think Beamer's idea about contacting Sir Greg Knight separate to complaining to Stacey and John's MP is a good one.

Getting local and national press involved is also an idea, as well as Rip Off Britain and Rogue Traders.
    I would think only one basic letter needs to be written explaining this harassment of a vulnerable person, and then it can be sent to everyone above.
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister. :D
    All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
  • wizardn3
    wizardn3 Posts: 8 Forumite
    edited 7 March 2018 at 11:09PM
    So just wanted to come here and give you all a little update on what is happening. I have been working on getting a letter together to contact everyone that was suggested by people above this message.

Stacey tried to contact the equality rights people today and they tried to tell her the a car park does not fall under the rules for reason adjustments. Stacey thought this was wrong so she did some more research.

Stacey once again tried to contact the private landlord that controls the car park. At first this did not go anywhere just that reception would forward the message onto the person. Stacey also warned them if they did not respond to her message that she would be contacting legal advice to see where she stood.

Stacey then contacted legal aid which immediately put her in contact with a solicitor. The solicitor did a little research and has told Stacey that the private landlord is in violation of 3 different laws and that he would happily take on the case.

Whilst Stacey was waiting for the forms to prove finances to legal aid the contact person from the private landlord contacted Stacey.

The contact was telling Stacey there should be no reason why the carers could not park in the spots next to our van as those people would be at work at the time of the care times. She has agreed to get the ticket that we received on our van cancelled. She was also going to contact the CPM to tell them that any vehicle that displays a parking permit for our spot is not to be given a PCN even if they are not in our designated spot.

The contact wants Stacey to email her so both the contact and Stacey can fully understand what was discussed as the contact was starting to have difficulties understanding Stacey.

So we will see how it goes. Stacey is going to fill in the legal aid forms to have that all ready in case the agreement falls flat and the solicitor can be ready to immediate intervene.

I just wanted to add to anyone new or old that we are having to take this matter in a different direction from most as its starting to effect the quality of care the Stacey is receiving. Either cares are starting to get worried to even come for the care call as the agency will not pay for any charges. Or they are going outside every 5 minutes to check on the their cars to make sure they are no ticket.

John
  • Fruitcake
    Thanks for the update John. Irrespective of whether the landlord gets this sorted out, I would still suggest that the letter still be sent.
    The idea is to stop this happening again, not just to you and Stacey, but to any other vulnerable people affected by these horrible heartless scammers as well.
  • wizardn3
    wizardn3 Posts: 8 Forumite
    Yes that is my plan because its still something that needs to be fixed as a whole for the entire parking scam. I am writing the letter from a 3rd person perspective on the entire parking problem giving examples on how it affects vulnerable persons.

Im sure that even if we can fix it where we live there is still many scammers out there for parking that im sure Stacey and I will still run into at some point in our travels.

I will put the draft up once I have it complete so everyone can have their say at how it looks

John
  • Fruitcake
    I think your specific case should be in the first person. If you contact media you can ask for your name and address to be withheld from publication, but your MP needs to hear this from you in your own words.

Obviously this is your decision. See what others say.
  • beamerguy
    beamerguy Posts: 17,587 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Fruitcake wrote: »
    I think your specific case should be in the first person. If you contact media you can ask for your name and address to be withheld from publication, but your MP needs to hear this from you in your own words.

Obviously this is your decision. See what others say.

Totally agree with Fruitcake

When writing to your MP also refer him to Sir Greg Knight
    and ask your MP to pass your letter to Sir Greg

Your MP must act in your best interests, assuming they
    want people to vote for him/her in future
  • Fruitcake
    Better yet, ask to see your MP so the two of you can explain the problems and how it is affecting Stacey's health and care.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business