Let's do this!

Comments

• beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,255 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Yes, when wind gets up it is dire :(
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Lilith1980
    Lilith1980 Posts: 2,100 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    beanielou wrote: »
    Yes, when wind gets up it is dire :(

Let's hope it moves on soon :/
  • Lilith1980
    edited 4 March 2018 at 6:24PM
    We've had rain pretty much non-stop today. I decided I wanted to do some more decluttering so I went upstairs armed with a black bag! Hubby followed me even though I never asked him to :rotfl:

I managed to throw out lots of pairs of socks which were getting thin, or cheap ones I'd bought which I didn't use much because they were uncomfortable. Also, threw out an old pair of converse which were battered and I hadn't worn in a year. I now buy a cheaper version in Shoezone for £7.99! There are still some shoes I'm unsure about throwing so I want to have more of a think about them in terms of which outfits I can wear them with if needed in future.

I think hubby struggles a bit more with the emotional attachment to clothes than I do. He threw away a few t-shirts with holes in (courtesy of Charlie lol) and plenty of shirts which we're going to donate to the cs. He felt bad throwing out a t-shirt which I'd bought him a couple of years' ago which was faded and out of shape, bless him.

He also talked about buying stuff to replace what he had thrown out, so I told him it kind of defeats the object :rotfl:

Anyway, so we now have another bag to take to the cs so we'll do that next week :)
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,255 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Good news on the decluttering :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Lilith1980
    beanielou wrote: »
    Good news on the decluttering :)

Thanks Beanielou :)
  • Lilith1980 wrote: »
    We've had rain pretty much non-stop today. I decided I wanted to do some more decluttering so I went upstairs armed with a black bag! Hubby followed me even though I never asked him to :rotfl:

I managed to throw out lots of pairs of socks which were getting thin, or cheap ones I'd bought which I didn't use much because they were uncomfortable. Also, threw out an old pair of converse which were battered and I hadn't worn in a year. I now buy a cheaper version in Shoezone for £7.99! There are still some shoes I'm unsure about throwing so I want to have more of a think about them in terms of which outfits I can wear them with if needed in future.

I think hubby struggles a bit more with the emotional attachment to clothes than I do. He threw away a few t-shirts with holes in (courtesy of Charlie lol) and plenty of shirts which we're going to donate to the cs. He felt bad throwing out a t-shirt which I'd bought him a couple of years' ago which was faded and out of shape, bless him.

He also talked about buying stuff to replace what he had thrown out, so I told him it kind of defeats the object :rotfl:

Anyway, so we now have another bag to take to the cs so we'll do that next week :)

Well done for getting stuck in. I wish I could get my husband to do a bit more in the way of decluttering. That said, I have emotional attachments to objects. My sister bought me a handbag for my 18th birthday. I loved it at the time but now I hate it. It is very juvenile. I don't know what to do!!!
    Emergency Fund: £300.01/£1000 (30%) March NST: 2/18 NSDs
    Tesco Loan: £3,877/£5000 Barclaycard: £3149.99/£3169.79
  • Lilith1980
    Well done for getting stuck in. I wish I could get my husband to do a bit more in the way of decluttering. That said, I have emotional attachments to objects. My sister bought me a handbag for my 18th birthday. I loved it at the time but now I hate it. It is very juvenile. I don't know what to do!!!

It's hard isn't it. I do have emotional attachments to some things, but in terms of clothes not so much. I have quite a few scarves, some of which were my nan's and I probably will wear them again but not very often. I can't bring myself to part with them...maybe in a few years I will, if I haven't worn them since!
  • I think I will hold on to it for a while longer. See how I feel. Funny how the mind works. My parents got me a second-hand car for my 18th birthday. I didn't mind getting rid of that...
    Emergency Fund: £300.01/£1000 (30%) March NST: 2/18 NSDs
    Tesco Loan: £3,877/£5000 Barclaycard: £3149.99/£3169.79
  • Lilith1980
    I think I will hold on to it for a while longer. See how I feel. Funny how the mind works. My parents got me a second-hand car for my 18th birthday. I didn't mind getting rid of that...

I was listening to s podcast by The Minimalists the other day and they said it's not the object itself but the memories we attach to it. They suggested taking photos of sentimental items and then selling them/giving to charity etc. But I guess you have to be ready to let go of the physical object.
  • Lilith1980
    Well this evening I've spent a bit of time re-reading my thesis ready for my viva next week (not finished reading it all yet). My goodness, it's boring :rotfl:

The weather was pretty mild today, which was good. Perhaps things have settled down now.

Caught up on a few surveys today, but nothing too exciting.

Hubby and I are going to try and get into doing cardio again. I do weight-training 5 days a week but haven't done cardio in about a year so want something to get my heart going. We could quite easily do this after work as we sit around on our laptops most of the evening so it'd be a better use of time :o
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback