Low pressure, northerly winds, cold?
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,268 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Low pressure, northerly winds, cold?

Can cope with that.
    But hopefully not more snow?
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • edinburgher
    edinburgher Posts: 13,462 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Yeah, CBA with more snow :(
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,268 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Yeah, CBA with more snow :(

Am so sick of it.
    Oh well day 5 & counting:eek::rotfl:
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • ZTD
    ZTD Posts: 24,327 Forumite
    Options
    beanielou wrote: »
    What does this mean pplease?

Basically, a low pressure system has winds spiralling in anticlockwise - think of the cliched bathtub swirl.

If we have a low pressure system come in, southish and close, the top part of it will draw in winds from the north and east. Those are cold winds, as that where the pole and siberia are...

So, we have this...

http://www.wetterzentrale.de/en/topkarten.php?map=1&model=gfs&var=1&run=18&time=78&lid=OP&h=0&mv=0&tr=3#mapref

Winds in Scotland look to be coming from the east (think anticlockwise spiral). If the system moves eastwards (the prevailing wind direction), then the winds will gradually come from the north. Either of these are cold.

So caveats...

I've upset people in the past with my contempt about the accuracy of weather forecasts - there's lies, damned lies, statistics, Government statistics, then way out there are weather forecasts.

It may not happen, and certainly won't happen like the weather forecasts say - but certainly don't be mocking Mrs E and her heated throw until it hasn't happened...
    "Follow the money!" - Deepthroat (AKA William Mark Felt Sr - Associate Director of the FBI)
    "We were born and raised in a summer haze." Adele 'Someone like you.'
    "Blowing your mind, 'cause you know what you'll find, when you're looking for things in the sky."
    OMD 'Julia's Song'
  • Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I have the muscle tone of droopy plasticine :rotfl:
    I laughed out loud, and I'm still sniggering at that one :rotfl:
    £38.57 paid off a CC (Am@zon voucher recycling) :T
    Oh .... that's interesting, Ed, I have £50 of Am@z vouchers sitting there at the moment, cos of the "free" SB thing. I can find useful purchases, sure, but that sounds useful too. V quick summary?
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
  • edinburgher
    Options
    Buy something from Amazon with a voucher, save the money the voucher let you not spend in cash.

I am a horrible father. 5 days housebound with a sick toddler and I cannot wait to get into work for a rest :D
  • PositiveBalance
    PositiveBalance Posts: 1,268 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Buy something from Amazon with a voucher, save the money the voucher let you not spend in cash.

I am a horrible father. 5 days housebound with a sick toddler and I cannot wait to get into work for a rest :D

That is the line that literally every single working mother I know uses about going to work. :rotfl:
    Debt: £11,640.02 paid in full! DFD: 30/06/20
    Starter Emergency Fund (#187): £1000/£1000
    3 month Emergency Fund (#45): £3300/£3300
  • Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Oh! The normal :o
    I thought you had some supery-dupery new deal to wring some extra dosh out of them :rotfl: sorry :rotfl:
    I've fixed that first bit for you:

"I am a [STRIKE]horrible[/STRIKE] completely normal father."

Hope DD feels better soon, thats a long time for a littl'un.
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
  • edinburgher
    edited 5 March 2018 at 1:29PM
    Options
    DD seems a bit chirpier this morning, although she was a wee bit upset as decided to get herself out of bed, but got stuck in the barrier :rotfl: Might want to adjust that when I get home ;)

Another day, another dollar. £215.82 paid off a CC (regular payment, H@lifax reward, a few £ in interest from some defaulted P2P loans). It is all feeling a bit interminable again - I'll need to try and use the magic Am@zon seller app to scan a few more coffee table books for sale this evening. Credit utilisation has snuck under 65%, which is something I suppose is helpful (MSE Credit Club suggests that lenders won't even talk to you unless you're under 60%, which will affect my prospects for any BTs next year unless I resolve it).

Back to work and high drama has ensued about a mooted transfer of some responsibilities. I am taking a page out of "Don't Sweat the Small Stuff" to heart and am not getting caught up in it :) I will speak to the various parties with an open mind and if it is manifestly unreasonable, well that's why I'm in a union.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback