Clixsense, Neobux, Crowdflower 2017 Thread

Options

Comments

• dave2319
    dave2319 Posts: 542 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    I think there's no doubt it's a negative change for most members.
    In some ways you can understand them at least making changes to the PTC ads since they're not profitable for the site, but I'm surprised they can't rectify that by changing the cost to advertisers, or the link values or referral percentages on them.

One thing that really bugs me though is Jim saying in the forum that Clixsense is still "extremely profitable". So why the need to make changes that negatively affect most members?
    He seems like a generally decent guy, but sounds like they've only got their own profits in mind here, and have decided they can further enhance them even if x number of people leave.
  • Kantankrus_Mare
    Kantankrus_Mare Posts: 6,104 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Hmmmmm.......not sure how much this will affect me. I am a premium member but with no active referrals. Not quite sure how we will complete a checklist if they are taking away half the stuff thats on it now. At least I should get half my membership fee back.

Will have to see how it pans out. Only make just over $10 a month anyway which gets redirected to neobux.
    Make £10 a Day Feb .....£75.... March... £65......April...£90.....May £20.....June £35.......July £60
  • purplevamp
    purplevamp Posts: 10,327 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    I received my $8 from them today. It's going to take me a long time to get to $10 without the ptc, etc. The surveys pretty much DQ me every time and I don't really do the tasks. Seems like this is the way for a lot of these sites now. I've done well with clixsense over the years too. Such a shame :(

Kantankrus Mare ~ I hope you get your money back. I know they stopped doing paypal just as you took out premium membership.
    Mortgage: Was: £154,495 Oct 2039
    Now: £92,275.21 Jul 2037
    Swagbucks ~ £100 (2023 ~ £355)
    Surveys ~ £79.56 (2023 ~ £344.20)
    Make £2024 in 2024 #35 ~ £246.61 ~ (2023 ~ £2,224.70)
  • nickyotron
    nickyotron Posts: 376 Forumite
    Options
    The irony for me is I bought Premium membership only a week or 2 ago lol
    I must have made about $60 on the PTC over the years which is massively more than the clix grid. They can keep that! :)
    But what will hurt me most is the lower bonus % now from the checklist. :(
  • nickyotron
    Options
    Ok That was funny. No sooner had I just written the above piece, a new message from CS appears lol

"Update to changes - July 2nd
    2 Jul 2017 06:13 pm
    Members, after hearing from many of you and your concerns for the new checklist bonus commission, we have listened to your concerns and have decided to adjust the checklist bonus to 16% for everyone, similar to what we have now for our premium accounts. (12% Regular Bonus + 2% Activity Bonus + 2% ClixAddon Bonus). In other words, everyone's accounts will be equivalent to the current premium status and more.

The 20% affiliate commission will be unchanged.

Also, because July 15th falls on a weekend, we'd prefer to have the change on a weekday, so the changes will not be effective until Monday July 17th.

Also some of you had some very good questions and I would like to address those now.

I have an advertising campaign setup that is linked to the ClixGrid page. What will happen to this once you make this change?

We will redirect this to our homepage. This will happen for any page that we removed.

I have sticky ads running that are not set to expire until after the change, what will happen to these?

We will stop all PTC ads, ClixGrid ads and sticky ads and prorate a refund of any remaining ad credits or sticky ads.

I purchased an upgrade for one of my referrals. When you cancel all upgrades, will the referral get the money or will I get it?

All refunds on upgrade purchases will be made back to the person who made the purchase. So, if you purchased an upgrade for your referral, then you will be credited back the balance of that upgrade.

Now that you have stopped selling ad credits and ClixGrid, what happens to these requirement for the checklist bonus?

We have removed the PTC and ClixGrid option from the checklist bonus so that is no longer required. Also, 1 cent offers from the offerwalls are excluded from the checklist bonus. If you look at the checklist bonus you will now see that PTC and ClixGrid are no longer required.

Will you have new advertising banners for us to promote with?

Yes we will have new banners created in time for our change on July 17th.

That is all for now. We appreciate your input and look forward to showing you the all new ClixSense.

You can follow this discussion in our forum here:

https://www.clixsense.com/en/…s_July_2nd

Thank you"

Seems pressure from members has made them rethink a few things. Including what I was worried about, the lesser % bonus which will now be kept at the old Premium rate of 16% ( Im sure it used to be 18 anyone?..)
    :)
  • Kavor
    Kavor Posts: 481 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    edited 3 July 2017 at 5:11AM
    Options
    nickyotron wrote: »

Now that you have stopped selling ad credits and ClixGrid, what happens to these requirement for the checklist bonus?

We have removed the PTC and ClixGrid option from the checklist bonus so that is no longer required. Also, 1 cent offers from the offerwalls are excluded from the checklist bonus. If you look at the checklist bonus you will now see that PTC and ClixGrid are no longer required.

If the highlighted part means that only surveys, tasks and offers greater than 1c count towards completing the 'Complete Offers' part of the checklist then that will be a problem as i don't do tasks and the likelihood of getting 2 surveys on a Saturday and Sunday is very low.

Just clicked on the 'How?' next to 'Complete your checklist and earn a bonus!', and it says :-

"Because not everyone has offers or tasks available to do, and to give everyone a chance, you are required to complete only one of the following:
    Complete at least 10 CrowdFlower Tasks; or *
    Complete at least 2 offers or surveys from the offers and surveys pages (except video offers); or *
    Complete at least 5 CrowdFlower Tasks and at least 1 offer or survey from the offers and surveys pages (except video offers); *"

I assume that Videolab and EngageMe.tv count as video offers.
  • Kantankrus_Mare
    Kantankrus_Mare Posts: 6,104 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I have just completed the first new layout of daily checklist and engageme worked as one of offers.

Usually leave it running for a while but it wasnt playing ball this morning and the counter moved up just enough to give what I needed for an offer.

The only good thing about new checklist is that it will be so much quicker. The clixgrid really bored me. Will have to see how long it takes to reach $10 to see if is worth carrying on with. I only really do the market research jobs on the tasks as they are quick and easy and the occasional survey they put on there.
    Make £10 a Day Feb .....£75.... March... £65......April...£90.....May £20.....June £35.......July £60
  • purplevamp
    purplevamp Posts: 10,327 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    I didn't realise the new checklist had started today, so have just wasted time doing the clixgrid!! :doh:

engageme is really annoying today. I had to refresh dozens of times before it started with an ad and even then it's only managed to tick off one offer on the list.
    Mortgage: Was: £154,495 Oct 2039
    Now: £92,275.21 Jul 2037
    Swagbucks ~ £100 (2023 ~ £355)
    Surveys ~ £79.56 (2023 ~ £344.20)
    Make £2024 in 2024 #35 ~ £246.61 ~ (2023 ~ £2,224.70)
  • vampire-girl
    vampire-girl Posts: 4,675 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    shame PTC ads are going, as although boring (I would use ipad for other things same time as them and clixgrid) I have been a member since May2013 and earned $134 from them and $24.60 from clixgrid. So would get a few dollars a month just from them so they did add up to a nice boost of the amount

I also don't task as much as I used to, just pick the easier tasks. Surveys are still worthwhile though for me.
  • nickyotron
    Options
    Yeah PTC has been ok:beer: for me as well. Has worked out about $20 a year for basically doing nothing for me lol
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure