plusnet/talktalk fibre

im with sky and thinking off upgrading too there fibre broadband but have seen cheaper deals with talktalk and plusnet.would anyone reccomend switching too any off the latter two providers or would i be better staying with sky.
thanks

Comments

• GT60
    GT60 Posts: 2,320 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I have been with TT since 1996
    Any issues I have had sorted straight away or gone straight to the top and then got them sorted
    When I moved house last year the connection was messed up so I complained and got fibre free for the year.
    I thought about moving but decided to stay and now been offered fibre for £25 all in with TT
    But have thought about going back to normal broadband
    Spending my time reading how to fix PC's,instead of looking at Facebook.
  • flashg67
    flashg67 Posts: 3,994 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Based on GT60's reply above, it won't help you one bit to tell you I found the CS at TalkTalk absolutely dreadful and left (to pay more) for Plusnet about 4 years ago and perfectly happy and would never go go back to TT even if it was free!

Edit to add, fibre is better - not just for speed / multiple users, but for general reliability - it hardly ever goes down. My ADSL was always disconnecting/slowing down
  • TalkTalk
    TalkTalk Posts: 1,948 Organisation Representative
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Hi skaterboy10

If you need any help with your decision or have any questions you can drop us a tweet if you like (@TalkTalk) we'd be more than happy to help.

Vicky
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of Talk Talk. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • GT60
    edited 17 April 2017 at 12:06PM
    Has anyone else got views on Plus net as my sons like the double data bit if your BB is provided by them?
    #at this rate TT could be losing a customer
    If I moved to Plus net could I still keep my TT e mail address?
  • JJ_Egan
    JJ_Egan Posts: 20,281 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Check the TT conditions for email .
    Usually you lose it at some stage in the future that can be a long time or not .
  • GT60
    I have just read reviews for plus net and they are all rubbish so I will not be changing ISP's
    https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/www.plus.net
    Thanks everyone
  • Sterlingtimes
    Sterlingtimes Posts: 2,390 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Remarkably, I have found Talk Talk within my 15 out of 18 months to be exemplary. However, I have never quite understood why the download speed is 68 kbps against BT's 76 kbps. It can only be that BT has the better router because it achieves a higher connect figure. I most likely will jump back to BT because of the speed issue which Talk Talk says is out of its control.
    I have osteoarthritis in my hands so I speak my messages into a microphone using Dragon. Some people make "typos" but I often make "speakos".
  • GT60
    the Bt router may well be better but push TT as they now have to play along with the guidelines set out by Ofcom
    Also phone TT and tell them your not happy with the speed and get them to test everything
    this will take about 30 + minutes and you have to swop filters on the line that plugs into the wall and also they get you to repeatedly test the BB speed
    and they also test the router and ask you what the lights are doing at certain stages of the test
    when all this is done they book an engineer if a fault is found or the speeds are below the guide lines.
    Don't let them fob you off with just the line test
    The Guy who did my test's was very through.
    Hope this helps
  • Sterlingtimes
    Sterlingtimes Posts: 2,390 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    GT60 wrote: »
    the Bt router may well be better but push TT as they now have to play along with the guidelines set out by Ofcom
    Also phone TT and tell them your not happy with the speed and get them to test everything
    this will take about 30 + min ...
    Hope this helps

Thank you, the position of TT is that except in the event of a fault the rate at which a TT customer connects to the fibre cabinet is a matter outside of TT's control: there is I am told no way that TT can intervene. I am told that any variability is solely down to router chip sets and cross talk from other lines.
    I have osteoarthritis in my hands so I speak my messages into a microphone using Dragon. Some people make "typos" but I often make "speakos".
  • GT60 wrote: »
    Has anyone else got views on Plus net as my sons like the double data bit if your BB is provided by them?
    #at this rate TT could be losing a customer
    If I moved to Plus net could I still keep my TT e mail address?

I have just moved from BT to Plusnet. Totally seamless transfer of telephone and FTTC and £15 month cheaper than BT. Very happy with the service.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure