IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Parking Eye Appeal Rejected - Charged £100 for 16 minutes.

Comments

• Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,404 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    AndreasA wrote: »
    Do you reckon I could reuse pictures from Marganne's case? They depict quite clearly the issue anyway.
    Yes, that's the idea because they show the old, scratched & faded machines. Embed those pics by copying the image or screenshot and crop it and drop it into the word doc.

I would leave the driver wording as I have, I realised there were a few times when I was copying stuff that said 'the driver'in the third person but in the main I wrote it as the driver, it's pretty clear I think.

Upload it as a PDF under 'OTHER' on POPLA's website. :)
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Fruitcake
    Fruitcake Posts: 58,223 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Thank you so much for this!!
    I don't currently have a picture of the payment machine.. Do you reckon I could reuse pictures from Marganne's case? They depict quite clearly the issue anyway.
    Also should I reword it so everywhere it refers to 'the Driver', to say 'I' instead?

Again, thanks so much for this :)

As above, definitely use the images. You say they depict the problem exactly so they are a true and accurate record, therefore they are contemporaneous of when you were at that location.
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister. :D
    All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
  • AndreasA
    AndreasA Posts: 56 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Just before I go ahead with sending this appeal..

In my original appeal, I argued the case that I received a phone call and therefore chose to drive into this particular parking lot.
    Should I include this in my POPLA appeal? The points raised about unclear signage, bad lot conditions etc seem a stronger case anyway.
  • Coupon-mad
    No need. :)
  • AndreasA
    I'm in the process of submitting to POPLA, but it's taking me through a lot of individual bits.. Should I break up the appeal and post it where applicable? Or can I upload the whole thing as a PDF somehow?
  • Coupon-mad
    PDF under OTHER is what everyone here does.
  • AndreasA
    Right finally got an update..

ParkingEye actually did send counter-evidence.. Annoyingly. It seems throughout, but some of the pictures they have attached are dated from 2014. I am now being asked for comments on the evidence sent.

What are my next steps? I have 4 days to reply with any comments before a decision is being made.

Thanks
  • Elysander
    Elysander Posts: 99 Forumite
    What have PE provided as evidence that they have authority to issue pcn's at this site? They have previously lost at POPLA several times by including a poor scan of an unreadable document in their evidence packs. Can you upload a copy of the alleged contract? It would be very interesting to see if PE are still including this unreadable document in their evidence packs
  • Coupon-mad
    Right finally got an update..

ParkingEye actually did send counter-evidence.. Annoyingly. It seems throughout, but some of the pictures they have attached are dated from 2014. I am now being asked for comments on the evidence sent.

What are my next steps? I have 4 days to reply with any comments before a decision is being made.

Thanks

You pull apart their evidence, point out where it fails to support their case. Search the forum for 'POPLA rebuttal' and read a few.
  • AndreasA
    Hi guys,

I have put their evidence sections in this google drive folder, please let me know if you are having trouble viewing it:
    https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B-FxIdUhMxIodjlBd2pTSThsRk0

Many thanks
    Andreas
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills