Ryanair cuts free check-in window to just four days

Options

Comments

• michaels
    michaels Posts: 28,004 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    This is the new customer service friendly Ryanair I see.

Presumably if this change does result in them earning more from airport check-ins from those unable to check in during the 4 day window the extra revenue will be donated to charity....
    I think....
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    michaels wrote: »
    This is the new customer service friendly Ryanair I see.

Presumably if this change does result in them earning more from airport check-ins from those unable to check in during the 4 day window the extra revenue will be donated to charity....

Unable to check-in online for FOUR DAYS ?
    I suppose if Ryanair did space shuttles to Mars it might be a problem ...
  • stoneman
    stoneman Posts: 4,521 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I download the Ryanair app.I register with Ryanair.I book.I check-in online.My ticket appears on my'phone.
    It's also on my tablet as a fall-back option if anything should happen to my 'phone.
    What could be simpler ?
    Never once had a single problem on any one of hundreds of Ryanair flights I've taken which have ALWAYS been the cheapest flight,often flying out of places no other airline would be arsed to fly to.
    Well done Mickey O.

Because if you are not an eu citizen like me RA do not allow you to use the app as a boarding pass. You must have a printed copy
    The common law of business balance prohibits paying a little and getting a lot. If you deal with the lowest bidder, it is well to add something for the risk you run, and if you do that you will have enough to pay for something better.
  • Steve_xx
    Steve_xx Posts: 6,976 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Of course it is. It's up to the individual whether they wish to pre-book a seat. If you do you get early check in as part of that service. There is no force involved. It's called choice, and long may it last.
    Of course there is force involved. Why do you think Ryanair have done this? They clearly wish to extract more money from customers, in the full know that people generally holiday for 7 days and that they were able to print both sets of Boarding Cards prior to leaving.

Before you restate the sometimes valid argument that you can always use an electronic form of the Boarding Card, let me inform you that if you are travelling from Marrakech then you currently cannot use an electronic version of the Boarding Card. Therefore if you wish to avoid paying for a seat then you will have to rely on the generosity of your hotel or you will need to search out an internet cafe.

My view is that they ought not to have imposed this on any current booking, since fundamentally it is a change to the terms and conditions after the contract has been struck.
  • Mr_Wangers_Wang
    Options
    Steve_xx wrote: »
    Of course there is force involved. Why do you think Ryanair have done this? They clearly wish to extract more money from customers, in the full know that people generally holiday for 7 days and that they were able to print both sets of Boarding Cards prior to leaving.

Before you restate the sometimes valid argument that you can always use an electronic form of the Boarding Card, let me inform you that if you are travelling from Marrakech then you currently cannot use an electronic version of the Boarding Card. Therefore if you wish to avoid paying for a seat then you will have to rely on the generosity of your hotel or you will need to search out an internet cafe.

My view is that they ought not to have imposed this on any current booking, since fundamentally it is a change to the terms and conditions after the contract has been struck.

Garbage.

I have flown from RAK a number of times and there is an internet cafe right in the corner of Jama el Efna (the main sq).

You are more than happy paying their low prices when compared to other carriers, but too lazy to go and print off a boarding pass.

People like you are self entitled. Ryanair flies into and out of 200 destinations across 33 countries. There are 10 airports you cant yet check in from using a mobile device, most of those are in Morocco.

Don't like the policy - Don't fly with the airline.
  • Steve_xx
    Options
    Garbage.

I have flown from RAK a number of times and there is an internet cafe right in the corner of Jama el Efna (the main sq).

You are more than happy paying their low prices when compared to other carriers, but too lazy to go and print off a boarding pass.

People like you are self entitled. Ryanair flies into and out of 200 destinations across 33 countries. There are 10 airports you cant yet check in from using a mobile device, most of those are in Morocco.

How can what I said possibly be garbage when you have just admitted in your response that airports in Morocco do not allow that which I said that they didn't allow?

What I said is true, and therefore it is not "garbage".
  • Mr_Wangers_Wang
    Options
    Steve_xx wrote: »
    How can what I said possibly be garbage when you have just admitted in your response that airports in Morocco do not allow that which I said that they didn't allow?

What I said is true, and therefore it is not "garbage".

Your post was geared around being forced.

That is what is garbage.
  • Steve_xx
    Options
    Your post was geared around being forced.

That is what is garbage.

To reiterate. What I said is true and therefore it is not "garbage".
  • glider3560
    glider3560 Posts: 4,115 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    edited 19 October 2016 at 8:58PM
    Options

I believe the main issue here is that Ryanair have changed the policy after people have booked and are not honoring the existing conditions.

In other news, received my refund today. Booked alternative flights on the same day, which are substantially cheaper. So it worked out well for me!
  • cowboy
    cowboy Posts: 310 Forumite
    edited 19 October 2016 at 9:05PM
    Options
    Got my refund today in full too, including credit card fees.

The boarding pass app is a good idea, but limited only to EU passport holders, so no good for me as I'm not European. Why they have such limit, I have no idea.

In the past, 7 days is just enough time for me to print out the boarding pass for both trips, but now the best I can do is print out the outward boarding pass but not the return before the trip.

The argument about finding internet cafe to print out the boarding pass - yes you can do that but there's added time, effort and cost. Ryanair may be cheap, but these are all hidden costs and causing problems to customers.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure