This Time I'm Really Going To Do It

Comments

• Watty1
    Watty1 Posts: 4,800
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Thank you both. I've had a lovely catch up on here. I'm now off to muck out, hang out some washing, light the woodburner (in case it rains again) and clean up the kitchen then off to the Supermarket to buy stuff to make a chicken curry, lentil curry and carrot and nut curry for dinner with leftovers to freeze.
    Back later to catch up with more threads.
    Made it to mortgage free but what a muddle that became

In the event the proverbial hits the fan then co-habitees are better stashing their cash than being mortgage free !!
  • Watty1
    Forumite
    :eek: scrap plans for Supermarket and cooking. Just taken a look at the state of the place. Watty will be doing tidying housework and ironing.

In the event the proverbial hits the fan then co-habitees are better stashing their cash than being mortgage free !!
  • im glad you got a plan of attack on how to sort work matters out watty

i also have a messy place but i need to get out today with DS for a house or 2

Hopefully the next few months in work will go nicely for you
    Mortgage--- [STRIKE]£67700 March 15[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]£65221 April 15[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]£64983 July 15[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]£64780 sept 15[/STRIKE] Remortgage [STRIKE]£67295 oct 15[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]£66599 Nov 15[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]£65878.73 Dec 15[/STRIKE][STRIKE] £64834 1st Jan 16[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]Feb 16 £64,511.89[/STRIKE][STRIKE] March 16 £64,056.40[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]April 16 £62550[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]May 16 £62,396.20[/STRIKE] Feb 17 £60.800
    Emergency fund 23k
  • Watty1
    Forumite
    House order restored Saturday. After a week of dumping stuff and returning to office it was all a bit :eek:.
    Out all day Sunday with Mr Watty and dog. Lovely day as went to Southern Fell Pony Show (minus fell pony as it is a bit far for him to travel). Nice day out and Indian on the way home.
    Now should be working but Mr Handsome has saddler arriving shortly. Its throwing it down so creating mess looking for wet weather clothing. oh to be a tidy Watty

• Its tipping it down here too. Tumble drier has been in overdrive today! Our house is also a bit of a tip, I am determined to get it sorted tomorrow when DS is at nursery. My desk ends up being a communal dumping ground! Sending you hugs xx
    MFW :)
    [STRIKE]Mortgage 8.2.15 - [/STRIKE][STRIKE]£171,064.64[/STRIKE] Mortgage 1.5.2018 - £99,980.45
    Aiming to be MF 1.10.2020
  • Watty1
    Forumite
    Thanks for hugs. Much needed. Saddler been and gone. Says saddle fits.
    Am beginning to wonder if Most Handsome is just not rideable.

• Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    :(

Why would that be, watty? I suppose even people like me, on the very edges of that world, know *of* it, but don't know anything *about* it, if you see what I mean ... I hope its okay to ask.
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
  • Watty1
    Forumite
    Karmacat wrote: »
    Why would that be, watty? I suppose even people like me, on the very edges of that world, know *of* it, but don't know anything *about* it, if you see what I mean ... I hope its okay to ask.

Of course :) He came back from the Vets and I was told he was fine to get back into work after his long 'rest'. So I did as suggested. And all was wonderful. Found that I was nervous riding in arena but ok out hacking so got someone in to ride him in arena and get his schooling back up. All was going well. Then I rode him and he shot off at a cracking speed that was not asked for. I pulled him up without any issue. Thought no more of it. Next time out he was very very lively. Unlike him. Next time same. The woman who comes once a week to school him found him very tense and resistant so she took him out round the roads in case he was having an off day and said get physio and saddler to look at him.
    Chiropractor came and said nothing wrong. Massage lady came and said he was very sore on back but she could sort that out. Saddler came and said saddle was fine.
    I rode and he simply does not want to go forwards and be ridden at all now. He just spins and hops on spot.
    Now one could say this is just 'naughty' behaviour but it is from a very sweet pony who - once I got my confidence back - was very nicely mannered. And I don't believe he worked for 8 weeks well and suddenly decided to be naughty. So clearly something hurts. But as yet no-one knows what.
    And I feel we are rapidly exhausting all ideas. Am going to try a videoing him tomorrow and see if referral vet will speak to me without me going via the first vet as too fed up to deal with own vet.

• Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    It does sound really confusing ... I hope a second opinion helps. He hasn't got a thing about plastic bags, or wasps, or anything like that, has he? Something normal, that he's become spooked about? I'm sure you've considered it, but I feel really sorry for him that's all :( And for you!
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
  • gallygirl
    gallygirl Posts: 17,228
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Forumite
    Poor soul - hope you get it resolved soon :(. Can horses lose their confidence as well?
    A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort
    :) Mortgage Balance = £0 :)
    "Do what others won't early in life so you can do what others can't later in life"
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback