Bank accounts and credit cards

Hi,

People here have 5+ bank accounts and credit cards.

Has anyone had any issue when apply for a mortgage. Did the lender question re multiple bank accounts and credit cards?

I am considering First Direct remortgage end of the year. This is who I bank with. Worried they might take any account multiple bank accounts and credit card accounts. Note I have zero balance on my credit card accounts.

Thanks

Comments

• maxximus75
    maxximus75 Posts: 553 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    You should be fine there.
  • starM
    starM Posts: 1,464 Forumite
    Thanks for replying back.

I have just a done a demo application on First Direct website to check what questions they ask.

They ask.

How many credit cards do you have, name each credit card with credit limit and any balance owing.

How many other bank accounts for you nave. Who are the bank accounts with.

It looks they do take into account.

Have you or anyone applied for FD mortgage? We're there any issues with number of BA or CA held?

Thanks
  • eskbanker
    eskbanker Posts: 30,919 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Worth bearing in mind too that they'll conduct an independent credit check anyway, that'll give them access to all the data about bank accounts and credit cards, so it's obviously important to disclose everything.

When lenders are taking a view of your credit situation they're likely to be more interested in total credit available and how much is used rather than how many constituent accounts make this up.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure