Failed PPI claim declined by ombudsman

2»

Comments

• Nasqueron
    Nasqueron Posts: 8,809 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    BooJewels wrote: »
    Thanks for the information Nasqueron. I suppose I was only going by my own narrow field of experience where I wasn't granted cover because I was self employed (and more recently due to health reasons) and friends who have had complaints upheld because they were self-employed and couldn't have claimed - maybe in their case because they were never actually asked about employment during the sale.

Uphold could have been an auto-payment due to value or if the firm has been told their policies weren't acceptable, they pay out in general.

CMCs maintained this "self employed were not covered" line on adverts for ages to hook in business and hope that if they flung enough mud, some would stick
  • Good morning, I apologise for hijacking your thread but I couldn’t find a way in to ask my question as I’m new to the site.
    I have evidence of a Masterloan taken out with Barclays in 1998 and have gone through their PPi service but they say they cannot find any records of it even though we have a statement with account numbers etc?
    Again apologies but if anyone could point me in the right direction I would be very grateful.
  • dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,358 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Caz086 wrote: »
    Good morning, I apologise for hijacking your thread but I couldn’t find a way in to ask my question as I’m new to the site.
    I have evidence of a Masterloan taken out with Barclays in 1998 and have gone through their PPi service but they say they cannot find any records of it even though we have a statement with account numbers etc?
    Again apologies but if anyone could point me in the right direction I would be very grateful.

Press the new thread button when you are viewing the thread subjects. Not whilst you are viewing an existing thread.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • -taff
    -taff Posts: 14,495 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    To make sure the have no records , you send a SAR and £10 It's not unusual for them to have no records after 20 years.
    Shampoo? No thanks, I'll have real poo...
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure