Evening,

I hope you’ve all had a great day.

Here is my update for today:

I haven’t bought anything from Amazon....1pt

No spend day....1pt

Checked bank account....1pt

No takeaway....1pt

X
    Trying to make our money work for us and not the other way round!!
  • Hello

Can I join please?

1. Check bank every day 3
    2. Bring my own lunch for work 1
    3. No online shopping for January (Amazon Addiction!) 3
    4. Walk dogs/declutter/write/play with dogs to avoid shopping 3
    5. Organise work so I don't get behind and have to shop online because I haven't time to shop in the real world. 1
    6. Meal Plan 1
    7. Get up early and go to bed early (say no to online shopping) 1
    8. Add all change to Sealed Pot 1
    9. Buy basics brand when I can. 0
    10. Use up food in freezer, 1
    11. use up toiletries, 1
    12. use up stationary. 0
    13. De-clutter and put three things up for sale each week minimum. 0
    14. Move spare change to savings account 1
    15. Do not use Credit card. (apart from Pet emergencies) (and Dental emergencies) 3

I think they work? I will print a copy out to remind me.

If they don't work please let me know

:) XX

So far 20 points for the first three days.

Hope everyone is doing ok XXX
    Nevertheless she persisted.
  • dizzytina
    dizzytina Posts: 777 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Hi all :)
    8 Points for me today... I've not shopped online. I've done a meal plan. I cooked homemade cheese pie that was from the freezer for tea when we got back from our night away in York. I've been for a 2 mile run and I managed to avoid buying any clothes whilst browsing the shops in York :j I've entered more than 20 competitions and I've cleared out 5 cupboards and filled a bin bag full of items for the charity shop....also found some items to sell.

Hope everyone has had a good day :D
    V 12500 B 8300 N 1900 Oct £51/£155
  • Today I have:
    Had NSD #2 (point tomorrow if I can make it 3!)
    Not bought any toiletries - found bottle of shampoo in cupboard nowold one ran out -1pt
    Had soup from the cupboard for lunch - 1pt
    Not used Amazon (nearly did to buy book club book but going to get from library instead) - 1pt
    Noted NSD in expenses diary - 1 pt
    Added to Christmas jar - 1pt
    No takeaway or ready meal(made lovely loaded potato soup with plenty left for lunch at work tomorrow) - 1pt
    Completed Swagbucks survey and YouGov polls - 1pt
    No fizzy pop or alcohol - 1pt

I think that’s 8pts for today :)
    Money saved for Christmas 2018 £6/£500
    No more Buying Books challenge - read 2 books 2017-18
    January NSDs - 3/15
  • Pretty good day today:
    1.checked bank accounts
    2.prolific x3 (made £1.50 :D )
    3. Other survey sites
    4. Save change
    6. Take bag for life.
    8. Shopping list
    9. Lights out
    15. 5000 steps
    Total 8 points
  • villagelife
    villagelife Posts: 3,047 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    For the past 2 days
    I have worked 1 day and caught bus, took own lunch and drink more water, also checked banking and no clothes or toiletries brought and surveys done on both days.

A total of 11 points
  • RhiBi
    RhiBi Posts: 702 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Hi, here's todays list (plus a little story!)
    1. Save all spare change 1pt

4. meal plan 1pt
    5. set a target for a specific amount of No Spend Days (3 per week) - NSD 1pt
    7. Check bank accounts frequently - 1 pt
    8. Cancel unused subscriptions - 1pt
    9. Avoid online shops such as Ebay - 1pt
    15. Use left overs / search for cheap meals 1 pt
    Total of 7 points today!

I've used 1 pt for no.8 (cancel unused subscription) which I haven't done, but bare with me for this story. In 2016 I was diagnosed with early breast cancer, numerous operations etc later, I am learning to get on with life. One thing that helps me relax is yoga and its something I want to continue. The class is £10.90 a week so adds up over a month. However, I have learnt that as I am a council employee I can join a membership that enables me to have free yoga classes and free use of any other council run leisure centre facilities should I choose to. This is for the cost of £28.50 a month, so if I only ever use it for my yoga class, Im already saving :) I hope thats ok, and even though this sort of fee is normally one to cut by taking out this its saving me money and is good for my wellbeing! xxx
    Virtual Sealed Pot No.07
  • Back to work today and ive managed 8pts :j Lunch was lovely soup left over from yesterday, I haven’t shopped online, I’ve done a quick workout, I’m reading a book from my shelf, No toiletries or pop or alcohol bought and put money in my Christmas savings jar. Need t9 be even more thrifty...need to find £1000 to put towards our new boiler eek!
    Money saved for Christmas 2018 £6/£500
    No more Buying Books challenge - read 2 books 2017-18
    January NSDs - 3/15
  • RhiBi wrote: »
    In 2016 I was diagnosed with early breast cancer, numerous operations etc later, I am learning to get on with life. One thing that helps me relax is yoga and its something I want to continue. The class is £10.90 a week so adds up over a month. However, I have learnt that as I am a council employee I can join a membership that enables me to have free yoga classes and free use of any other council run leisure centre facilities should I choose to. This is for the cost of £28.50 a month, so if I only ever use it for my yoga class, Im already saving :) I hope thats ok, and even though this sort of fee is normally one to cut by taking out this its saving me money and is good for my wellbeing! xxx

Really sorry to here about your illness. I think it's generally a good idea to allow yourself some treats so don't feel bad about it :). £28.50 a month is a perfectly reasonable amount to spend on yourself, especially when it's something healthy!

6 points for me today. Think I may need to increase my step target but will wait until I start work again next week.
  • RhiBi
    RhiBi Posts: 702 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Really sorry to here about your illness. I think it's generally a good idea to allow yourself some treats so don't feel bad about it :). £28.50 a month is a perfectly reasonable amount to spend on yourself, especially when it's something healthy!

6 points for me today. Think I may need to increase my step target but will wait until I start work again next week.

Thank you for your kind words xx
    Virtual Sealed Pot No.07
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family