Eon energy reviews: Give your feedback

Comments

• vlg
    vlg Posts: 2 Newbie
    It's a very disappointing day Malc when the outcome of a credit check means more to a company than 5.5 years of loyalty from a customer, and 5.5 years of impeccable payment history with credit meters fitted. Ah well, apart from the better level of service I'll also make a substantial saving by switching as well. I guess it's true that loyalty really doesn't count for anything these days.

What's even more disappointing is that you'd not "led me to believe that all was ok", but had actually carried out the credit check whilst I was on the line with you, and had very clearly and unambiguously stated that the fitting of a credit meter had been approved - that's not leading me to believe something, it's an outright lie.

The story also changed as I was transferred between departments, as initially it was made quite clear that the only issue was the small debit balance on the gas account (a natural occurrence with a credit account, and less than a months payment - in fact, now the DD has been taken the account will actually be in credit again at this point), yet the very rude and arrogant resolution manager was adamant that in no circumstances would a credit meter be offered...despite the conversation of less than 10 minutes earlier. More lies?

Deadlock letter eagerly awaited so that this can be followed up, as if nothing else the derisory goodwill gesture offered would not even come close to covering my call costs, never mind my time nor anything to compensate for the blatant lies and misinformation.
  • molerat
    molerat Posts: 31,850 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    edited 30 August 2017 at 12:56PM
    Do they match Iresa's opening readings?
    :rotfl: Now that is a question to which there is no answer at present :rotfl:

edit: They have answered my support ticket and have used the same starting read. Getting there slowly.
  • Former_E.ON_Company_Representative:_Malc
    Former_E.ON_Company_Representative:_Malc Posts: 6,558 Organisation Representative
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    molerat wrote: »
    :rotfl: Now that is a question to which there is no answer at present :rotfl:

edit: They have answered my support ticket and have used the same starting read. Getting there slowly.

Better news molerat. Hope this comes to an end for you quickly now.

Malc
    Official Company Representative
    I am an official company representative of E.ON. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • molerat
    Better news molerat. Hope this comes to an end for you quickly now.

Malc
    And you have now issued a revised bill. I assume that Iresa have given you a revised reading as they have opened to a different read to what they told me, one that was taken by a meter reader 6 days before they took my supply. At least you are still both working to the same read. :o
  • molerat wrote: »
    And you have now issued a revised bill. I assume that Iresa have given you a revised reading as they have opened to a different read to what they told me, one that was taken by a meter reader 6 days before they took my supply. At least you are still both working to the same read. :o

Have to say, this is messy molerat. As you know, provided we're both working to the same opening/closing readings, you'll only be charged once for the same energy. It's just that you'll be charged for more kWhs than expected by one of us but this will be balanced out by being charged for fewer kWhs by the other.

Hope this comes to an end for you soon molerat.

Malc
    I am an official company representative of E.ON. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • molerat
    They have now contacted me to state they will dispute the reading if I wish to which I have replied don't and they should be aware that it is within the tolerance that it cannot be disputed anyway. After months of doing nothing they now seem intent on making extra work for themselves probably in an effort to show the ombudsman that they are doing something to resolve the complaint and not have to pay more money out ! :o
  • molerat wrote: »
    They have now contacted me to state they will dispute the reading if I wish to which I have replied don't and they should be aware that it is within the tolerance that it cannot be disputed anyway. After months of doing nothing they now seem intent on making extra work for themselves probably in an effort to show the ombudsman that they are doing something to resolve the complaint and not have to pay more money out ! :o

Morning molerat and you're right, if below industry thresholds (250 units for electricity and 45/125 units for a 4 dial imperial/5 dial metric meter) then the readings can't be challenged. We'll reject this approach straightaway.

Malc
  • EON - Absolute rubbish customer service. 0/10
    I swapped from British Gas Collective Fix onto the best available tariff on a so called big brand and it's just hassle hassle hassle.
    They're rubbish to contact by phone - pass the buck when I get through to different departments
    Take days to reply to emails
    Supply a smart meter which can only go in the garage as the wifi range between meter and smart meter is so limited (even their engineer said they were crap)
    I'm on a gas & electric deal - they only set up the electric
    The tariff's that this site negotiated are still not loaded on my smart meter which was fit over a month ago
    And to cap it all, they cancel appointments on the morning - even though they were booked in for over two weeks and then give a poor excuse for doing so and advise that someone will text me.
    Text me? Have you not heard of customer service EON?
    Obviously not.
    So, if anyone is still reading this rant, and is thinking of switching to EON - Don't bother.
    You'd be better off trying one of the smaller energy companies with less feedback - as nothing can be as bad as EON!
  • AndyCF
    AndyCF Posts: 748 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Despite all my issues with them (which are not complete actually) I have found that the phone is actually quite good once you get through and once you get to the right person, they will try to assist you. :)

Email I've always (almost) had a reply although it can take a bit of time for this, if its a bit more urgent than an email I'd say pick the phone up.

I have had much worse 'service' from other companies, so I have to balance my thoughts out here. Yes it could be better but it could also be a lot lot worse too, so I'm still with them. :)
  • AndyCF
    AndyCF Posts: 748 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    I thought actually about either writing a review/feedback (what is good and what is not so good) either in this topic or in my own one but decided against it, unless someone wants to read it. :)

The final issues for me were actually resolved today, all being well.

The 'admin cost' in actually putting it all right though must of been relatively expensive I think, certainly they say "time = money" especially for engineer's visits however I do think the extra hour tagged onto a previous visit to restore things would of saved *all* of this, so it may of been actually more economical for the company to of extended the visit rather than deal with the paperworks. :)
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback