Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • lucylou
    • By lucylou 28th Oct 04, 1:03 AM
    • 1,023Posts
    • 2,813Thanks
    lucylou
    car breakdown policy listen up everybody
    • 28th Oct 04, 1:03 AM
    car breakdown policy listen up everybody 28th Oct 04 at 1:03 AM
    Just thought I'd let you know I don't know if it was a mistake or if this is how it works.
    Anyway I had a breakdown policy with NUD and I had to cancel it after a month .They refunded me the money and they sent me a voucher which says that I can use it to save 11 months premium.today I decided to take breakdown policy with them and the guy on teh phone would not believe it and he said.Hold on tight as this will break the bank!do you want to know how much I paid for a yesr breakdown cover roadside recovery and all the rest?[b]WEll 4.95!!!!!!!!!!!!!yes yes!!!!!!!!!!! ;D ;D ;D[/b]I do not know if it is a loopghole but this is what I paid at the beginnig 45 pounds cancelled and got about 30 back.So total for a year about 14 ;D
Page 1
    • MarkyMarkD
    • By MarkyMarkD 28th Oct 04, 4:01 AM
    • 9,795 Posts
    • 4,216 Thanks
    MarkyMarkD
    • 28th Oct 04, 4:01 AM
    Re: car breakdown policy listen up everybody
    • 28th Oct 04, 4:01 AM
    I can't tell from your post whether you cancelled it, got refunded, and pretty much straight away took out the cover again.

I would expect companies like NU to charge you for a part-year if you add breakdown on part-way through the year, as the cover will run in line with your motor insurance. So if you took it out after 10/11 months, the right premium could be 4.95.

But you say you've ended up with a year's cover for 14 ???
    • lucylou
    • By lucylou 28th Oct 04, 3:01 PM
    • 1,023 Posts
    • 2,813 Thanks
    lucylou
    • 28th Oct 04, 3:01 PM
    Re: car breakdown policy listen up everybody
    • 28th Oct 04, 3:01 PM
    sorry if I wasn't very clear :-[
    I have an imported car so I took out insurance plus breakdown insurance with nud.Then I had to cancel it after 5 weeks as I did not manage to do all paperwork to get british registration done.So I cancelled both my insurance and my breakdown.They refunded me after taking the money for the 5 weeks obviously and then sent me a voucher after two weeks.the voucher allows you to have breakdown over for 12 months but pay only for one as it says on it that they could not refund my breakdown policy.But they have.So I manged to do my paperwork, got my number plate, got a policy with someone else but got my breakdown wit hthem for 4.95
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

136Posts Today

1,952Users online

Martin's Twitter