Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Vicky24
    • By Vicky24 21st Oct 19, 1:24 PM
    • 2Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Vicky24
    HMRC no longer replying to support emails!!
    • 21st Oct 19, 1:24 PM
    HMRC no longer replying to support emails!! 21st Oct 19 at 1:24 PM
    In short, I am partially locked out of my account for TFC. HMRC had me over a barrel on the 30 hour code, but now I can't log in to get proof of payment and I am down 700 to date!

I am on my third support ticket, as they just stop emailing back (and there is no number). I do everything they ask, even if the "solution" is unrelated to my issue.

It's been 10 months now, where I am having to call up, check where we are up to, and make the next payment, and ask YET AGAIN for a history of my account! I never get it, but they always promise faithfully that they will do it.

Who do I turn to next? I am being ignored!
    Don't suggest my local MP, he's Matt Hancock...
Page 1
    • Icequeen99
    • By Icequeen99 21st Oct 19, 2:54 PM
    • 3,688 Posts
    • 2,474 Thanks
    Icequeen99
    • 21st Oct 19, 2:54 PM
    • 21st Oct 19, 2:54 PM
    Complaints process and then to the Adjudicator?

IQ
    • Voyager2002
    • By Voyager2002 21st Oct 19, 4:10 PM
    • 13,407 Posts
    • 9,230 Thanks
    Voyager2002
    • 21st Oct 19, 4:10 PM
    • 21st Oct 19, 4:10 PM
    I
    Don't suggest my local MP, he's Matt Hancock...
    Originally posted by Vicky24

If you write to an MP about something like this, your letter will be dealt with by someone in the MP's office. Essentially it would be forwarded from the office to someone fairly senior within HMRC, who would have the authority to find out what was going wrong and sort things out. So yes, that is the best way to get a solution.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,560Posts Today

7,839Users online

Martin's Twitter