Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
Page 3
  • misscooldude
    Help please - Easyjet
    Last night we were looking at Easyjet flights from Bristol to Venice Marco Polo 11th July outbound and 18th July inbound and the cost for 2 adults with 1 bag (32kg) was 166.54.

I have gone to book the flight this afternoon and exactly the same flight is 276.52.

Has anyone got any ideas of how we could reduce the cost of the flight? I am totally shocked and fuming that the price has gone up by over 100 in under 24 hours!!!!

Can anyone give me any ideas of ways to make this flight cheaper or is it a case of TOUGH and DEAL WITH IT?

Thanks
  • s9904055
    Cheap flights to various European destinations via Ryanair
    Check this out! European flights as cheap as 6 ONE-WAY from various UK airports. To keep cost down, be sure to bring merely a piece of hand luggage, check-in online and pay by VISA ELECTION if possible.

Bookings must be made today (i.e. 6th of March 2009). Take note of the travel and blackout period under the conditions. Start booking via the link below.

http://www.ryanair.com/site/EN/fares.php?dest=REU&base=BHX&pos=cday

Happy holidays!!!
    • stphnstevey
    • By stphnstevey 11th Mar 09, 6:49 PM
    • 3,123 Posts
    • 503 Thanks
    stphnstevey
    Has anyone tried the Free Flight with the Flybe's Mastercard deal?

It mentions flight is free but taxes and charges are payable. If anyone has used this, how much did they pay in taxes and charges - just to get an idea? Are the taxes and charges the same as when buying a normal ticket?

Thanks
  • hayels25
    Hi,

My cousin has just agreed to join us in florida for 1 week. We are travelling from glasgow direct into sanford on the 27th August and she is looking for something around the same time.

Does anyone know if it's cheaper to book separate tickets or return? Ideally would prefer a direct flight only.

thanks
  • ecudat
    Easyjet to Dubrovnik
    Easyjet have recently started flying to Dubrovnik in Croatia - would be worth adding to the flightchecker I reckon.

Also a site I just found www.blacktomato.co.uk has 5 weekly suggestions of places where your goes further at the moment
    • buglawton
    • By buglawton 23rd Mar 09, 7:03 PM
    • 8,741 Posts
    • 5,481 Thanks
    buglawton
    this looks like a nice site
    • bbqforce10
    • By bbqforce10 22nd Apr 09, 1:05 PM
    • 14 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    bbqforce10
    Flightchecker useless for UK flights
    The flightchecker really needs to have more airlines added, particularly for UK flights.

Air Southwest for example have lots of cheap flights to and from the South West but none of their flights are listed.

Rather than just listing only the big boy airlines, I think you should include the little ones as well........they often offer much better customer service, and prices, without all the extras like Ryanair etc

Come on Martin, get one of your team on to it!
    • buglawton
    • By buglawton 22nd Apr 09, 9:30 PM
    • 8,741 Posts
    • 5,481 Thanks
    buglawton
    Didn't some cheap airlines insist on being removed from scraper sites, threatening legal action?
  • holidayfinder
    I have seen this question asked many times lately.
    I'm sure the option is still around but bot as available as it once was.

Have a google about. I'm sure you'll find advice somewhere
  • nigeltownsend
    So much for BMI/MBNA 'free return flights to europe deal
    MBNA/BMI card - I'm new to the forum, so i hope that I'm posting in the right way. This is a quick gripe not about the site which I think is excellent but about the MBNA/BMI credit card which i recently signed up for. I applied for my two free flights to europe today and was informed that i would have to pay taxes. I thought this was fare enough until i was told that the tax for the two flights would be 200 pounds for a return flight to Dusseldorf. I did a qucik internet seach to discover that the cheapest return fare to dusseldorf on the dates i had requested with Air berlin at a similar time was going to be cheaper by about 10 pounds than BMI's 'free return flights' and that BMI's main competitor BA would be about 30 pounds more - some bargain BMI be warned. :-))
  • loui46
    Can anyone recommend a good site for cheap flights to Bangkok. Looked at the Flight section on this site but Bangkok not listed
    • hotmlifeguard
    • By hotmlifeguard 19th May 09, 4:47 PM
    • 9 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    hotmlifeguard
    I booked a flight to Zante months ago, now the flights have been reduced to less than half what i paid, I have been to my documents and it says the tickets are 100% non refundable, is there anyway I can get some of the money back? As I was thinking about buying the cheap tickets and trying to get money back for the expensive ones?!?! Dan
    • luci
    • By luci 19th May 09, 6:30 PM
    • 5,893 Posts
    • 4,647 Thanks
    luci
    Not a chance with a non-refundable fare.

If the fare had gone up, would you have volunteered to pay the difference? It's no different to buying something in a shop and finding it at a sale price a few weeks later.
    • hotmlifeguard
    • By hotmlifeguard 19th May 09, 8:15 PM
    • 9 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    hotmlifeguard
    Not a chance with a non-refundable fare.

If the fare had gone up, would you have volunteered to pay the difference? It's no different to buying something in a shop and finding it at a sale price a few weeks later.
    Originally posted by luci
    But at Christmas shops do give gift receipts, so if the gifts do get reduced in the sale, you get money back! But I thought that would be the case, thanks anyway!
  • ste1969
    help finding a cheaper flight.
    im going to the us on the 4th of june i will be flying into syracuse and will fly from london any airport. i will be returning on the 9th of june. the cheapest flight i can find is via expedia 329 return with a flight change at philedelphia cannot get a direct flight to syracuse, leaving london gatwick at 09.50 am. im not too good at this sort of stuff, so if anybody can find cheaper flights it would be very helpful. many thanks.
  • venuslady
    Flights to Vietnam
    Am hoping to go to Vietnam for around five weeks over July & August.
    Can anybody recommend any cheap travel agents where I can book a lo cost flight from the UK. Also are there any co's that do good deals on flights into Ho Chi Minh and out of Hanoi or similar? Or is a return the best bet. Are there any good deals which will allow a stop over? Thanks Venus.
    • lorweld
    • By lorweld 3rd Jun 09, 6:46 PM
    • 5,103 Posts
    • 131,334 Thanks
    lorweld
    MOVING THREADS FOR BETTER RESPONSES

Hi, Martin’s asked me to post this in these circumstances: I’ve asked Board Guides to move threads if they’ll receive a better response elsewhere (please see this rule) so this post/thread has been moved to another board, where it should get more replies. If you have any questions about this policy please email abuse@moneysavingexpert.com
    • nukes
    • By nukes 25th Jun 09, 9:09 PM
    • 9 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    nukes
    Hi, I have a visa electron, can pay for a flight out of Dublin without the card charge as it is in Euros, how can I pay for the single flight from Leeds in euros, it seems I can only pay in s on the ryanair site and incur charges any ideas?
  • lizinka
    Missing websites
    Hi I have read your tips and they are really great. However on the other side there are many sites missing. i personally use MyAirDeals.com - personalised alerts and i really think this site should be in your article...
    • Thriftkitten
    • By Thriftkitten 2nd Jul 09, 8:12 PM
    • 1,266 Posts
    • 6,068 Thanks
    Thriftkitten
    Cheap flights to Orlando
    Hi I am looking for cheap flights to Orlando Disney, we are hoping to go around the beginning of November if the price is right, any help would be great.
    Thriftkitten

Tesco saving stamps 13.00

Roadkill Rebel No.31 July2014 Treasure 1.03p
    August 2014
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,336Posts Today

8,518Users online

Martin's Twitter