Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • kevtrader
    • By kevtrader 28th Oct 04, 12:34 AM
    • 3,236Posts
    • 462Thanks
    kevtrader
    Income Protection Plan - payprotect
    • 28th Oct 04, 12:34 AM
    Income Protection Plan - payprotect 28th Oct 04 at 12:34 AM
    Hi

How good is www.payprotect.co.uk compared with other companies who do income protection plans? They seem pretty cheap!

Is the plan worth having or should I get a different type of insurance?

Thanks
Page 1
    • dunstonh
    • By dunstonh 28th Oct 04, 1:13 PM
    • 98,597 Posts
    • 67,056 Thanks
    dunstonh
    • 28th Oct 04, 1:13 PM
    Re: Income Protection Plan - payprotect
    • 28th Oct 04, 1:13 PM
    Hard to say. When I went to their site and selected income protection it took me through a process of quoting accident, sickness and unemployment plans and not proper PHI/IPP plans.

• Debt_Free_Chick
    • By Debt_Free_Chick 28th Oct 04, 4:09 PM
    • 13,149 Posts
    • 9,492 Thanks
    Debt_Free_Chick
    • 28th Oct 04, 4:09 PM
    Re: Income Protection Plan - payprotect
    • 28th Oct 04, 4:09 PM
    This could sound a bit flippant - but I really don't mean to be.

As with most insurance, the acid test applies when you come to claim. There are two potential issues - firstly, that you are not covered for what you claim for and secondly the way in which the claim is handled.

As for the first ... check the terms of the policy very, very carefully. Ask for a sample of the policy wording before you buy (if it's not online) and make sure you understand it. In particular, for unemployment insurance .. what exactly is covered? Do they pay straight away (unlikely)? How much do they pay etc.

As for management of the claim - then this is just about impossible to evaluate. It's like asking people to give you their experience of any other customer service - there will be good and bad experiences and you'll need to take a view, depending on the feedback. Assuming you can get some.

As for payprotect - sorry, I have no knowledge or experience of them.

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,023Posts Today

7,184Users online

Martin's Twitter