Microwave Convection Oven Doesn't Seem too Hot?

Options
De'Longhi 900W Combination Microwave D90D

Bought this in August. Seemed good to start with but I thought the convection oven seemed to be taking longer to cook things. Not too sure if I was just being paranoid though.

So I bought an oven thermometer and it's reading 170C when the oven's set to 200C.

Anyone know if there's anything I can do about this? It will still be under guarantee but if there's something simple I can fix myself all the better.

Comments

• MovingForwards
    MovingForwards Posts: 16,921 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    If it's under guarantee use that as it will probably be invalid if you try and fix it yourself.
    Mortgage started 2020, aiming to clear it in 2026.
  • neilmcl
    neilmcl Posts: 19,460 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Ash_Pole wrote: »
    De'Longhi 900W Combination Microwave D90D

Bought this in August. Seemed good to start with but I thought the convection oven seemed to be taking longer to cook things. Not too sure if I was just being paranoid though.

So I bought an oven thermometer and it's reading 170C when the oven's set to 200C.

Anyone know if there's anything I can do about this? It will still be under guarantee but if there's something simple I can fix myself all the better.
    Try testing your thermometer in a different source (ie, a conventional oven) to see how accurate it is.
  • datostar
    datostar Posts: 1,288 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Does it have top and bottom grill elements? We have a Sharp 900w Combination Microwave Oven. The 'convection' oven setting uses both grill elements to initially bring it up to temperature then just the bottom element when cooking, with a fan running as well. I've never trusted the temperature settings on it because cooking always takes longer than in our conventional electric cooker oven, albeit using less electricity. If it's set to recommended 'fan oven' temperatures as in recipes etc. it's even worse so we ignore them and use the higher normal oven settings and expect it to take longer.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure