Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Michela
    • By Michela 18th Oct 19, 12:36 PM
    • 47Posts
    • 7Thanks
    Michela
    Composite door advice
    • 18th Oct 19, 12:36 PM
    Composite door advice 18th Oct 19 at 12:36 PM
    My current 1920's door has been damaged so needs replacing.

Timber doors seem to take 12 weeks so I was looking at composite.

The company I looked fits the brand Solidor but the reviews on Google are all really negative.

Are composite doors generally an issue across all brands?

Any advice woukd be welcome.
Page 1
    • RelievedSheff
    • By RelievedSheff 18th Oct 19, 1:15 PM
    • 688 Posts
    • 692 Thanks
    RelievedSheff
    • 18th Oct 19, 1:15 PM
    • 18th Oct 19, 1:15 PM
    We replaced the door on our last house with a company called Sheffield Window Centre and it was a fantastic door. Really well built and solid.

We have since moved into a DWH new build and it has an IG Doors composite door. This has been no end of trouble already and was replaced on Monday due to ongoing problems. It isn't anywhere near as solid feeling as our old door and you can tell it just isn't such a quality door.

So there is a lot of variation in quality between manufacturers. But there are some good ones out there as well. I would not recommend IG Doors, although to be fair to them their customer service has been good and they have come out to sort the door out four times now with no arguing!
    • nyounger79
    • By nyounger79 23rd Oct 19, 5:09 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    nyounger79
    • 23rd Oct 19, 5:09 PM
    • 23rd Oct 19, 5:09 PM
    I'm pretty sure our front door is Solidor brand. We've had it for 12 years and it still looks new. Not sure where you are based but we used a company called 1st Scenic in Kent. They were fab 1stscenic.co.uk
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

123Posts Today

1,232Users online

Martin's Twitter