Redundant at 62

I have been made redundant (11/9/19) at the age of 62, I am a widow with only my own pension to live on. I worked in education and would like to go back to work, but when can I start working for an agency? or another school? Do I have to wait a month and a day? I have not been told when I will be paid out of get my P45 !! Thank you :(

Comments

• MEM62
    MEM62 Posts: 4,746 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    You can work for someone else the day after your termination date.
  • MEM62 wrote: »
    You can work for someone else the day after your termination date.

There maybe conditions attached if its not statutory redundancy tbf
    Don't trust a forum for advice. Get proper paid advice. Any advice given should always be checked
  • tacpot12
    tacpot12 Posts: 7,935 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    You should be paid on your normal pay day and will probably get your P45 about 10 days after that, but you can start work without a P45. Your employer only needs it when they are about to pay you, so about seven days before their normal pay date, and if you don't have it by then, they will ask you to complete and sign a Starter Checklist. You can review the Starter Checklist here:

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/paye-starter-checklist

Unless your employment contract or any agreement regarding your redundancy that you have signed says you can't work for a period, or can't work for specific employers for a period, you can start working straight away.
    The comments I post are my personal opinion. While I try to check everything is correct before posting, I can and do make mistakes, so always try to check official information sources before relying on my posts.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure