Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
Page 32
  • JayCtraveller
    Hey - tell me about it....all my expenses have increased yet wages have stayed minimal. i've even surcumbed to using those flight comparison websites cos i spend too long searching.....one thing said, nothing will stop me going on holiday. need it more than ever!!!!so far ive only found reasonable prices on directflights.com
    does anyone else have any ideas?

Cheers
    Jay
    • pcyuljr
    • By pcyuljr 16th Aug 11, 9:08 PM
    • 114 Posts
    • 68 Thanks
    pcyuljr
    Aer Lingus. 397 return to NYC the week before Xmas for 5 days.

Awesome price surely!?!
    • PM
    • By PM 11th May 12, 4:47 PM
    • 511 Posts
    • 25 Thanks
    PM
    I'm looking to fly out on monday for a week and come back weekend - cheapest flight I am finding via Kayak is around 450 mark for week ending may. After that summer season seems to be sky high.

Anyone seen any good deals, my dates are flexi.

Thanks!
    • CharleneUK
    • By CharleneUK 2nd Feb 14, 7:27 PM
    • 3,170 Posts
    • 1,099 Thanks
    CharleneUK
    Hi all, just wondered if anyone has booked an April flight to New York recently? I'm on the verge and wanted to know if 520 is a good price? (I've never been, so have no clue)

Thanks in advance!
    "I did then, what I knew then. And when I knew better, I did better"

Timberlake Hussy Clique Member No 2
    • richardw
    • By richardw 2nd Feb 14, 7:41 PM
    • 19,061 Posts
    • 8,044 Thanks
    richardw
    Have you checked delta and Klm?
    Posts are not advice and must not be relied upon.
    • jpsartre
    • By jpsartre 2nd Feb 14, 8:46 PM
    • 3,962 Posts
    • 2,469 Thanks
    jpsartre
    Hi all, just wondered if anyone has booked an April flight to New York recently? I'm on the verge and wanted to know if 520 is a good price? (I've never been, so have no clue)

Thanks in advance!
    Originally posted by CharleneUK
    It's decent but not the lowest price I'd expect to find for April, especially not if you're willing to accept a stop-over (I'm assuming you're flying from London). That said, April's only two months away so you may have left it too late to get a bargain.
    • greenface
    • By greenface 2nd Feb 14, 9:41 PM
    • 4,576 Posts
    • 2,389 Thanks
    greenface
    Where from Charlene ?
    hard as nails on the internet . wimp in the real world
    • CharleneUK
    • By CharleneUK 7th Feb 14, 6:19 PM
    • 3,170 Posts
    • 1,099 Thanks
    CharleneUK
    Thanks all, sorry for the delay!

Flying from London Heathrow... I've done a few more searches and it's now roughly 485 direct via AirFrance/Delta/KLM.
    "I did then, what I knew then. And when I knew better, I did better"

Timberlake Hussy Clique Member No 2
    • BosPeeps
    • By BosPeeps 8th Mar 15, 12:48 PM
    • 84 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    BosPeeps
    I'm looking to maybe go for a week in November. Which airlines should I look at? Maybe only hand luggage
    • BosPeeps
    • By BosPeeps 8th Mar 15, 1:09 PM
    • 84 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    BosPeeps
    Doesn't have to be November. Could be October or September.
    • Caz3121
    • By Caz3121 8th Mar 15, 1:51 PM
    • 12,466 Posts
    • 8,117 Thanks
    Caz3121
    I'm looking to maybe go for a week in November. Which airlines should I look at? Maybe only hand luggage
    Originally posted by BosPeeps
    flying from where? and will your trip include a weekend?
    • BosPeeps
    • By BosPeeps 13th Mar 15, 11:02 PM
    • 84 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    BosPeeps
    London and yes it will include a weekend
    • PeacefulWaters
    • By PeacefulWaters 14th Mar 15, 7:09 AM
    • 8,316 Posts
    • 10,685 Thanks
    PeacefulWaters
    London and yes it will include a weekend
    Originally posted by BosPeeps
    My target return fare would be around 450 on direct flights. Use Skyscanner to narrow down the choice of airline, but don't book from the site just use it as an indication of cost.

Norwegian out of Gatwick may be cheapest, but they quote without baggage and I think they charge for refreshments on board. Many people bring home more than they take! A sub 400 flight can soon jump in price when you start adding extra bits on.

BA seem to be coming in at around 508 on the weekend I looked at (422 if you start in Manchester and connect to Heathrow).

You will often find combining flights and hotel on a BA web site booking (start at Top Cash back) saves a considerable sum. The same works with Virgin.
    Last edited by PeacefulWaters; 14-03-2015 at 7:25 AM.
    • SW17
    • By SW17 14th Mar 15, 7:32 AM
    • 831 Posts
    • 538 Thanks
    SW17
    Good advice from PeacefulWaters to use SkyScanner but book direct with airline.

If you are going for a week, it can be cheaper to go midweek to midweek rather than weekend to weekend, eg a Tue/Wed departure. Make sure you stay a Sat night to get best fares.

November is quite high season for NYC, especially at weekends, as it is the shopping trip season. Bear that in mind for hotels as well as flights.

Worth checking the flight+hotel option for discounts as mentioned above, also consider Sep/October. BA currently have flights in Oct for 438, using American Airlines. In economy, there is not much difference between the offerings of the various carriers, with the exception of Norwegian as mentioned above.
    • BosPeeps
    • By BosPeeps 14th Mar 15, 9:27 PM
    • 84 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    BosPeeps
    Ok. Thank you both. Don't know whether I will do it this year or save it for next year
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,483Posts Today

7,714Users online

Martin's Twitter