PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

O/S Daily Monday 15 July 2019

nmlc
nmlc Posts: 4,788
First Anniversary First Post
Forumite
edited 15 July 2019 at 5:19AM in Old style MoneySaving
O/S Daily Monday 15 July 2019

This is an “over the garden fence” type thread where we chat about everything Old Style and maybe a little bit more. It’s a great, inspiring and motivating thread we start each day to discuss what Old Style things we’re going to do today or what we’ve achieved already. Everyone’s welcome, please do come in, put your feet up (although check the fence hasn’t just been painted first!) and join us for an Old Style natter. The more the merrier!

As this is the Old Style Board, it would be appreciated if posts could include some Old Style content. Please be aware that many people may have small screens, or SLOW internet connections, so please don’t post large pictures, or clip art – links are preferred. When you make a post, if you feel like giving it a title, that will help others that don’t have the time to read everything skim through the thread quickly but if not it's not a problem. Please do not start a new daily thread before you go to bed at night because this often leaves things confusing with two daily threads live at the same time. The idea is that a member would start each new daily thread after they get up in the morning.

Morning everyone

Hugs to those that want/need one, those who are poorly and those who are looking after a poorly person x

Happy birthday to those with a birthday x

Cloudy and overcast here this morning, dry underfoot and no rain forecast - will peg wash load out on the line in a bit.

DH and DS1 getting ready for work, I'm showered, dressed and enjoying brekkie whilst on here. DS2 settled and ok.

Dinner last night was southern fried chicken, bbq ribs, skinny chips, side salad and coleslaw. I remembered to get the pork steaks out of the freezer to defrost overnight, so tonight we'll be having pork steaks braised in gravy, mash, veg and gravy.

I'm not back to work until Saturday - so will enjoy this week although I've got a few things I want to get done, one of those was deep clean the fridge which I got done yesterday. I need to do some ironing and some more washing. Strip our bed and wash the bed linen.

Keep safe and well x

nmlc x
WEIGHTLOSS SINCE JUNE 2009 - 5 ST 2LB

Comments

• Hard_Up_Hester
    Hard_Up_Hester Posts: 4,656
    Forumite
    Morning all

Thanks for the thread nmlc and hugs to all those in need.

Audiologist appointment this morning hopefully another couple of months and I may be able to hear again.

Have a good day everyone.
    Hugs Hester
    Chin up, Titus out.
  • ancientofdays
    ancientofdays Posts: 2,913
    Forumite
    Morning all, thank you for starting today's thread nmlc.

Just about to put washing out, it is bright and sunny here, lovely after a weekend of patchy rain.

No interesting plans today.
    I was jumping to conclusions and one of them jumped back
  • Morning folks and thanks NMLC. Glorious start with the sun beating down from a blue blue sky. Lovely, hope it stays this way all day.

I paid the price for my previous night's good sleep by having a rubbish one last night. Doubt I shall be doing anything strenuous today as I feel half doped. Maybe feet up in the garden with my book.

The concert went off without a hitch yesterday - apart from the teeny tiny beginners who needed prompting all through their routine. Aw bless them they looked so cute. Of course tears were shed when my DGDs did their dances. Their grandad would have been so proud of them.

Have a good day folks and ((HUGS)) for the poorlies, sad, worried or lonely and of course our absent friends. Take care all xx
    "If you dream alone it will remain just a dream. But if we all dream together it will become reality"
  • silver-oldie
    silver-oldie Posts: 994
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    Good morning all

Thank you for starting us off nmlc

HH hope the audiologist appointment goes well.

Nothing exciting planned for today

Take care
    If you walk at night no-one will see you cry.
  • redruby
    redruby Posts: 7,317 Forumite
    Morning all

Its a bit cooler here this morning but meant to be dry and bright later off to work for me Mondays are always a busy day as we have to get ready for the week.

I bought a new recipe book over the weekend its the 'pinch of Nom' book it has some lovely recipes in which are all low calorie but look delicious, I might try the creamy garlic chicken tonight.

We walked about 5 miles yesterday with the pup along the beach we stopped at a little cafe and had a bite to eat and walked back it was lovely such a nice day, pup was in and out of the sea and running and running she was shattered last night.

Need to put the dw on before work this morning and then empty it tonight and have a sweep through.

Have good days all xx
  • Gers
    Gers Posts: 11,958
    First Post Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Morning folks.

Yesterday was another lovely day. I managed to get to the Linda McCartney retrospective at the Kelvingrove Art Gallery and thoroughly enjoyed it. She was an excellent photographer.

After that I visited a couple of friends, had an impromptu lunch with them and a good blether.

DM spent the day in bed doing the crossword. She's eating a bit better most of the time.

This morning I've got a dental appointment first thing. This is for my least favourite procedure - getting moulds made. :eek: My gag reflex is very acute so I have to sit bolt upright each time. The upside is that it won't take long. Later on the window cleaner is due, once he's gone I'll go out for a walk.

TA - there's such joy in your dancing girls.

Dp1 - more good news from you too.

Happy Monday to all.
  • -taff
    -taff Posts: 14,423
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    Morning all! Back for slightly longer this time as I have a work appointment on Wednesday so have today and tomorrow extra. Booked a ticket to see Hampton Court show quite a few months ago and last Sunday was the day so I went. and I really enjoyed myself. Bought myself only two plants, I was so good, and some alium bulbs on order for next year. However, if I had known you could buy the plants on display in the stalls as well as the flower tent, I doubt very much I'd have been able to carry them all with me...Ah well, next year Rodney :)

Garden is still alive [ OH not known for his gardening abilities] and the toms are shooting up. I have chilies and toms forming, looks like I was lucky too with the seed mix-up, a lot of the ones I thought were costoluto are french black, which is great, since I want to swap seeds with someone next year...

Father is not doing great, I hope that will reverse a bit when his throat gets better. Oh was supposed to come with but managed to twist his ankle quite badly, it's still black and blue now, so the clumsy has not left either of us, it was just held in abatement...The Mcmillan nurse has visited brining with her all kinds of leaflets, so we'll see what happens next. Father is sick of feeling like he does and has told me so a few times, feel so impotent not being able to help...

Congrats DP1, great news...Gers, you sneaky thing, thats one way to stop the fibs about eating :) TA, hopefully the sleeping will outweight the not sleeping before long. Blackcats, you are full of useful info..ty...Nanny, nothing really, just hiya...:) SO, how are you doing? and you AOD? hugs and stuff for you both..Sorry to anyone not mentioned, I had a fast read through last night of this weeks posts, one sleep and I've forgotten everything!

Muddy Monday!
    Shampoo? No thanks, I'll have real poo...
  • Nice to have you back with us again TAFF, we have missed your chatty posts. But sorry to hear your dad isn't doing too well ((HUGS)) x
    "If you dream alone it will remain just a dream. But if we all dream together it will become reality"
  • Gers
    Gers Posts: 11,958
    First Post Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Taff - yes, the feeling of helplessness is awful and watching a loved one fade away is dreadful. Just like me, I hope you can keep your strength up.

Been to the dentist for the impressions and two x-rays. Window cleaner is here, DM is eating her breakfast and the sun is shining!
  • ancientofdays
    ancientofdays Posts: 2,913
    Forumite
    Good to have you back ~taff, sorry to read that your dad is struggling.

I'm ok, just not got much to say. I fear boring you all to bits, but I will tell you about my ro in which has been sitting on the outhouse roof, fluffing up his wings. He left them unfolded for a while and I was worried, thought he had a hurt wing.
    I was jumping to conclusions and one of them jumped back
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport