Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Smodlet
    • By Smodlet 25th Jan 18, 4:58 PM
    • 4,858Posts
    • 8,256Thanks
    Smodlet
    Prolific Academic Survey Alerts
    • 25th Jan 18, 4:58 PM
    Prolific Academic Survey Alerts 25th Jan 18 at 4:58 PM
    Here we go again.
Page 179
    • Topiary
    • By Topiary 15th Jul 19, 2:13 PM
    • 93 Posts
    • 79 Thanks
    Topiary
    Premiumness of Coffee
    Hosted by bi.no
    £0.60 6 minutes £6.00/hr 469 places remaining
    Originally posted by Willing2Learn
    thanks just been offered this now @ 15.00
    • catgil
    • By catgil 15th Jul 19, 3:07 PM
    • 697 Posts
    • 1,185 Thanks
    catgil
    Survey on food snacks
    Hosted by O L
    £1.30 15 minutes £5.20/hr 410 places remaining
    • catgil
    • By catgil 15th Jul 19, 10:47 PM
    • 697 Posts
    • 1,185 Thanks
    catgil
    Mood, Music and People
    Hosted by Federica Pinelli
    £1.42 15 minutes £5.67/hr 130 places remaining
    • Willing2Learn
    • By Willing2Learn 16th Jul 19, 1:46 PM
    • 3,814 Posts
    • 3,403 Thanks
    Willing2Learn
    Consumer Product and Personality Survey
    Hosted by uwo.ca
    £0.85 10 minutes £5.10/hr 508 places remaining
    I work within the voluntary sector, supporting vulnerable people to rebuild their lives.

I love my job

• Willing2Learn
    • By Willing2Learn 16th Jul 19, 3:24 PM
    • 3,814 Posts
    • 3,403 Thanks
    Willing2Learn
    Exploring Sexual Interest and Behaviour
    Hosted by Victoria Lister
    £0.50 6 minutes £5.00/hr 366 places remaining
    I work within the voluntary sector, supporting vulnerable people to rebuild their lives.

I love my job

• Smodlet
    • By Smodlet 16th Jul 19, 4:45 PM
    • 4,858 Posts
    • 8,256 Thanks
    Smodlet
    Where the heck is Rebecca's balls study, part 3? I have stuff to do!
    • Mirů
    • By Mirů 16th Jul 19, 5:14 PM
    • 6,015 Posts
    • 26,223 Thanks
    Mirů
    Had another email from Curcle reminding me that Circle Pay is being discontinued shortly and that I need to cash out my remaining balance. I thought I had cashed everything out but forgot about the sub £1 amount that you cannot cash out. I really resent having to forfeit my odd 87p Circle will do nicely out of this...I expect loads of other peeps will be in th same situation!
    Remember how far you have come not how far you have to go
    • Smodlet
    • By Smodlet 16th Jul 19, 5:28 PM
    • 4,858 Posts
    • 8,256 Thanks
    Smodlet
    Had another email from Curcle reminding me that Circle Pay is being discontinued shortly and that I need to cash out my remaining balance. I thought I had cashed everything out but forgot about the sub £1 amount that you cannot cash out. I really resent having to forfeit my odd 87p Circle will do nicely out of this...I expect loads of other peeps will be in th same situation!
    Originally posted by Mir!
    Can you not pay in 13p? Or £1.13 if that is what they need, then cash out the whole lot, Miro? Just an idea; sorry if that is no longer viable, I don't know.
    • Mirů
    • By Mirů 16th Jul 19, 5:57 PM
    • 6,015 Posts
    • 26,223 Thanks
    Mirů
    Can you not pay in 13p? Or £1.13 if that is what they need, then cash out the whole lot, Miro? Just an idea; sorry if that is no longer viable, I don't know.
    Originally posted by Smodlet
    I thought about that but if I try to 'add money' I just get the blurb about closing Can't see a way of doing it now!
    • Smodlet
    • By Smodlet 16th Jul 19, 6:06 PM
    • 4,858 Posts
    • 8,256 Thanks
    Smodlet
    I thought about that but if I try to 'add money' I just get the blurb about closing Can't see a way of doing it now!
    It might be time to be philosophical, Miro. We did know about this in plenty of time to get our affairs in order. It can't be that many budget noodles (yuck) can it? You could probably pick up that much change from the pavement in a week. It just is not worth bothering about, is it? Send them an email saying they should donate it to (charity of your choice)

If it is any help, I have this phone number for them 01793 250273; just called it and it is still live.
    • elsien
    • By elsien 16th Jul 19, 6:11 PM
    • 19,543 Posts
    • 49,674 Thanks
    elsien
    If you message them they will pay it back into your bank account. That's what I've done via the contact form.
    All shall be well, and all shall be well, and all manner of things shall be well.

Pedant alert - it's could have, not could of.
    • Mirů
    • By Mirů 16th Jul 19, 6:16 PM
    • 6,015 Posts
    • 26,223 Thanks
    Mirů
    If you message them they will pay it back into your bank account. That's what I've done via the contact form.
    Originally posted by elsien

Thanks, have just done that very thing! I know it's a bit petty but it's the principle of it.... hate to think of them profiting from the cumulate sum of all our odd left over amounts.
    • Topiary
    • By Topiary 16th Jul 19, 7:05 PM
    • 93 Posts
    • 79 Thanks
    Topiary
    Attitudes toward migrants in the UK
    Hosted by Jens Hellmann
    £1.00 10 minutes £6.00/hr 222 places remaining
    • Smodlet
    • By Smodlet 16th Jul 19, 9:41 PM
    • 4,858 Posts
    • 8,256 Thanks
    Smodlet
    Did anyone get the third part of the multi part study with the grey and blue balls tonight?
    • loukas2993
    • By loukas2993 16th Jul 19, 10:23 PM
    • 60 Posts
    • 44 Thanks
    loukas2993
    No, but I submitted part 2 on 18/06/19 so part 3 should be due, at least for me, on 18/07/19 (this Thursday)
    • Smodlet
    • By Smodlet 17th Jul 19, 6:53 AM
    • 4,858 Posts
    • 8,256 Thanks
    Smodlet
    No, but I submitted part 2 on 18/06/19 so part 3 should be due, at least for me, on 18/07/19 (this Thursday)
    Originally posted by loukas2993
    I had part 1 on 21/5 and part 2 on 18/7, as you say so 4 weeks apart which made yesterday 4 weeks since part 2 so I thought part 3 would be then. She did say "approximately" 4 weeks, tbf. So long as I have not missed it. Thank you, loukas2993.
    • Smodlet
    • By Smodlet 17th Jul 19, 9:28 AM
    • 4,858 Posts
    • 8,256 Thanks
    Smodlet
    Regarding part 3 of the multi part study, have just received this from Rebecca,

"Hi all,

Just to let you know that the next (3rd) session of the multi-part study on decision making will appear in the next few days. You should receive an invitation when it is ready.

Thanks once again for your continued participation in our research.

Best wishes,

Rebecca (on behalf of the research team)."
    • Willing2Learn
    • By Willing2Learn 17th Jul 19, 4:39 PM
    • 3,814 Posts
    • 3,403 Thanks
    Willing2Learn
    Short writing task and your beliefs
    Hosted by M Han
    £0.28 3 minutes £5.51/hr 264 places remaining

I love my job

• Smodlet
    • By Smodlet 17th Jul 19, 5:05 PM
    • 4,858 Posts
    • 8,256 Thanks
    Smodlet
    Leisure Time Interests of UK Women
    Hosted by MICHELLE TONG
    £1.2515 minutes £5.00/hr 110 places remaining
    • Smodlet
    • By Smodlet 17th Jul 19, 9:02 PM
    • 4,858 Posts
    • 8,256 Thanks
    Smodlet
    Interesting; I cashed out via PayPal for the first time yesterday from a survey site to which I have just signed up. The money arrived today (less than £10) and the payment was instant and fee-free so this is not necessarily something for which PA can take credit.

I don't know whether they and this other site have both negotiated special considerations for their members but suspect PP are to be thanked rather than any survey site.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,535Posts Today

5,966Users online

Martin's Twitter