Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • sarah1972
    • By sarah1972 2nd Aug 17, 12:40 PM
    • 13,980Posts
    • 43,394Thanks
    sarah1972
    0 WOW
    Royal Mail Monitoring and Posting Panel
    • 2nd Aug 17, 12:40 PM
    0 WOW
    Royal Mail Monitoring and Posting Panel 2nd Aug 17 at 12:40 PM
    It is that time again for a new thread as the old one is about to approach its 314th page.

Thanks to 3010 for posting the last thread

Please note in post number two there is now a list of FAQ that 3010 very kindly posted on the old thread so I have copied it here. .

Happy Posting

Link to old thread here http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4742377

Link to Join (Private Households) https://rmselfrecruit.research-int.com/Questionnaire/qstIntroductionPrivate.aspx

Link to Join (Businesses with Franking Abilities) https://rmbus.research-int.com

FAQS http://rmpanelzone.research-int.com/FAQ.htm
    I'm a Board Guide on all of the Shopping & Freebies Boards http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/forumdisplay.php?f=5
    I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (its not part of my role to deal with reportable posts). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com
Page 3
    • Mchambers
    • By Mchambers 14th Aug 17, 1:13 PM
    • 988 Posts
    • 309 Thanks
    Mchambers
    Did anyone else get the email today about the change to the survey?
    Originally posted by londondealer
    No em received so what is the change please ?
    • londondealer
    • By londondealer 14th Aug 17, 1:20 PM
    • 193 Posts
    • 172 Thanks
    londondealer
    Response Service and bulk mailed items are disappearing

Dear XXXX

After many years Royal Mail no longer wishes to measure Response Service (RS) and bulk mailed items as part of the main survey and is exploring other means of doing so.

What this means for you

You will not need to change anything you do. You will notice that no new RS items will be allocated to you in the next weeks and bulk mailed items such as magazines will stop gradually over the next two to three months. In the meantime, please carry on sending any RS items you have and recording bulk items in the usual way.

We know that many of our panellists enjoy some of the magazines that you have received as survey items and we are sorry for any disappointment this may cause.

Thank you for your continued help – it is important to us and we appreciate it!

Best Regards,

The Kantar TNS Postal Panels Team

6 More London Riverside, London, United Kingdom SE1 2QY
    Unsubscribe Forward
    • dobbiesloan
    • By dobbiesloan 14th Aug 17, 4:57 PM
    • 1,604 Posts
    • 2,955 Thanks
    dobbiesloan
    Did anyone else get the email today about the change to the survey?
    Originally posted by londondealer
    yes
    GONE ENGLAND
    • NBLondon
    • By NBLondon 15th Aug 17, 8:19 AM
    • 2,868 Posts
    • 14,407 Thanks
    NBLondon
    I haven't seen the e-mail yet - but now I know why I haven't got any non-R-number items listed for my current cycle (started July). The one time it was actually a magazine I wanted to get - it was messed up and I only ever had 3 issues arrive in 6 months
    "I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I just squandered."
    • Chocmonster7
    • By Chocmonster7 15th Aug 17, 9:25 AM
    • 2,353 Posts
    • 2,107 Thanks
    Chocmonster7
    I only ever got Nursing magazines so won't be unhappy that they're going!

Have finished my latest stint on the panel now. One of my last items to post was a cube which I had to walk past the address to get to the Post Office. Lady at the PO counter looked at me strangely when she noticed and I quickly had to make up a story about needing proof of postage!
    • prernakapoor
    • By prernakapoor 15th Aug 17, 12:08 PM
    • 154 Posts
    • 247 Thanks
    prernakapoor
    Hi all I've just been invited to rejoin the panel after 3 years. Received the training pack but the SMARTs labelled AEDB are missing. I understand these are training items but are these meant to be in the posting pack or sent separately? Thank you!
    • trix-a-belle
    • By trix-a-belle 15th Aug 17, 1:33 PM
    • 938 Posts
    • 4,290 Thanks
    trix-a-belle
    Hi all I've just been invited to rejoin the panel after 3 years. Received the training pack but the SMARTs labelled AEDB are missing. I understand these are training items but are these meant to be in the posting pack or sent separately? Thank you!
    Originally posted by prernakapoor
    they get sent separately
    - Mortgage: 1st one down, 2nd: 114800 86k
    - Student Loan: 7100 0!
    Swagbucks, Mingle, GiffGaff, Prolific, Qmee & Quidco; thank you MSE every little bit helps
    MFiT-T5 knocking down the mortgage to be freeee
    • MacyD
    • By MacyD 16th Aug 17, 11:44 AM
    • 26 Posts
    • 41 Thanks
    MacyD
    Are they going to completely stop the survey? I wasn't to sure what they meant with the email

Thanks
    • trix-a-belle
    • By trix-a-belle 16th Aug 17, 12:07 PM
    • 938 Posts
    • 4,290 Thanks
    trix-a-belle
    Are they going to completely stop the survey? I wasn't to sure what they meant with the email

Thanks
    Originally posted by MacyD
    No just the non r number stuff (as in the magazine's and catalogues) and mail sorted items which go through large posting houses ie direct from printing works stuff, imo & interpretation
    Swagbucks, Mingle, GiffGaff, Prolific, Qmee & Quidco; thank you MSE every little bit helps
    • cherie1122
    • By cherie1122 16th Aug 17, 12:08 PM
    • 430 Posts
    • 1,722 Thanks
    cherie1122
    I got invited back on the panel and then they wrote and said I wasn't needed. I wondered if they're going to stop checking the mail?

I'd just done 3 weeks training this time and the test smarts were not being sent out in time. I still have an item that didn't get posted because of the lack of test smarts. It's got over 3 in stamps on it. I don't think there is much point in sending it anywhere

I've had a few years on the panel and have enjoyed it.

• LEJC
    • By LEJC 16th Aug 17, 12:39 PM
    • 9,025 Posts
    • 59,992 Thanks
    LEJC
    Well...I was oversubsribed and dropped a few months back and today my first pack on the live panel arrived...no pre warning via email but it looks like I'm suddenly straight back in on live.

9 items next week to post including 2 cubes so it's a baptism of fire for me!

I had star wars presentation stamps bringing my totals over the years of presentation packs to 16.
    frugal October...41.82 of 40 food shopping spend for the 2 of us!

2017 toiletries challenge 179 out 145 in ...18.64 spend
    • Mchambers
    • By Mchambers 16th Aug 17, 3:44 PM
    • 988 Posts
    • 309 Thanks
    Mchambers
    TNS are totally useless. They often put people on the survey only to drop them a few weeks later as they allege that they are over-subscribed in your area .They then put you back on the panel a weeks later. They regularly forget to give presentation stamps. forget LTS vouchers, forget diaries, forget xmas stamps, etc.

How bl**dy difficult is it to manage the survey TNS ?

It is a shame that there is no survey to monitor them as I am sure they would fail.
    Last edited by Mchambers; 16-08-2017 at 3:48 PM.
    • LEJC
    • By LEJC 16th Aug 17, 4:08 PM
    • 9,025 Posts
    • 59,992 Thanks
    LEJC
    To be fair to TNS...in the many years that I have been part of it this last stint was the first one that I received the oversubscribed mail during training.

It just came as a little surprise when lots to post popped through the letterbox without warning this morning.

I've never really had any issue with the panel most things are easy to work out and the stamps really do come in handy.
    frugal October...41.82 of 40 food shopping spend for the 2 of us!

2017 toiletries challenge 179 out 145 in ...18.64 spend
    • NBLondon
    • By NBLondon 17th Aug 17, 3:12 PM
    • 2,868 Posts
    • 14,407 Thanks
    NBLondon
    I still have an item that didn't get posted because of the lack of test smarts. It's got over 3 in stamps on it. I don't think there is much point in sending it anywhere.
    Originally posted by cherie1122
    When they did it to me I had a pre-stamped Jiffy unused - unsealed, unaddressed so I just stuck it on a bookshelf until the next time I needed to send a package. OK, I did have to buy an extra 5p stamp because the rate had gone up but still money saving
    "I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I just squandered."
    • lbw22
    • By lbw22 18th Aug 17, 2:41 PM
    • 37 Posts
    • 21 Thanks
    lbw22
    Is it finishing
    HI#

I had this email
    After many years Royal Mail no longer wishes to measure Response Service (RS) and bulk mailed items as part of the main survey and is exploring other means of doing so.

What this means for you

You will not need to change anything you do. You will notice that no new RS items will be allocated to you in the next weeks and bulk mailed items such as magazines will stop gradually over the next two to three months. In the meantime, please carry on sending any RS items you have and recording bulk items in the usual way.

We know that many of our panellists enjoy some of the magazines that you have received as survey items and we are sorry for any disappointment this may cause.

I have nothing to post in next couple of weeks because I am on holiday but nobody else seems to be mentioning it and there seems to be nothing on their site..Anybody know anything and does it actually mean we will no longer have mail to post
    • trix-a-belle
    • By trix-a-belle 18th Aug 17, 3:36 PM
    • 938 Posts
    • 4,290 Thanks
    trix-a-belle
    HI#

I had this email *snip*

I have nothing to post in next couple of weeks because I am on holiday but nobody else seems to be mentioning it and there seems to be nothing on their site..Anybody know anything and does it actually mean we will no longer have mail to post
    Originally posted by lbw22
    Try reading from the top of this page, it has been mentioned. Its not the whole thing only non r items (magazines and catalogues) and items sent from bulk mail houses.
    • anamenottaken
    • By anamenottaken 18th Aug 17, 4:41 PM
    • 4,146 Posts
    • 3,630 Thanks
    anamenottaken
    Originally posted by prernakapoor
    I know you have been answered on this one already but you should find that TNS did actually tell you that - I certainly received something which included a specific mention of the training smarts being sent separately.
    • millie
    • By millie 20th Aug 17, 4:42 PM
    • 949 Posts
    • 342 Thanks
    millie
    I have had my posting schedule for next week and have 4 items including 2 cubes. The schedule say hand written for all items so I have written the names and address onto each item. I have now looked at the page on my account showing advanced columns and that shows hand written labels for them all. They have not sent me any labels. I have only been doing the survey for 2 months so not sure if I should have received any labels. I have some small labels at home so I have stuck these over my handwriting on the items and are hoping that is acceptable.
    • dobbiesloan
    • By dobbiesloan 20th Aug 17, 5:13 PM
    • 1,604 Posts
    • 2,955 Thanks
    dobbiesloan
    I have had my posting schedule for next week and have 4 items including 2 cubes. The schedule say hand written for all items so I have written the names and address onto each item. I have now looked at the page on my account showing advanced columns and that shows hand written labels for them all. They have not sent me any labels. I have only been doing the survey for 2 months so not sure if I should have received any labels. I have some small labels at home so I have stuck these over my handwriting on the items and are hoping that is acceptable.
    Originally posted by millie
    You are right. You write it on the cubes not on labels.
    GONE ENGLAND
    • millie
    • By millie 20th Aug 17, 5:56 PM
    • 949 Posts
    • 342 Thanks
    millie
    You are right. You write it on the cubes not on labels.
    Originally posted by dobbiesloan

I did that and have now stuck labels over the writing.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

101Posts Today

1,603Users online

Martin's Twitter