Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • kingfisherblue
    • By kingfisherblue 14th Jun 19, 9:31 PM
    • 8,518Posts
    • 18,446Thanks
    kingfisherblue
    It's arrived!
    • 14th Jun 19, 9:31 PM
    It's arrived! 14th Jun 19 at 9:31 PM
    My son's letter to apply for PIP has finally arrived. He is 21, and has been on an indefinite award since he was eight years old. I've been expecting it since he turned 16, and the brown envelope dropped through the letterbox yesterday.

I'm going to ring for the forms on Monday. I've already started to gather evidence of his needs in relation to the descriptors. I'm waiting for an updated EHCP, so I'll include that along with his prescription sheet, feeding plan from SALT, and other relevant information.

My only concern is that the GP and hospital do not list all of his diagnoses. They tend to list Down's Syndrome and four conditions that he was born with. Those conditions were repaired at birth, but left him with long term problems including dysphagia, abnormal peristalsis, and others. He also has hypermobility, which is not usually mentioned either, despite him needing a wheelchair as a result. He has a GP appointment in a couple of weeks, though, so I am going to discuss it with him then. I'm not sure which GP it will be, as we have a new doctor who replaced our now retired GP. Another doctor in the surgery cannot be described as helpful by any stretch of the imagination. The third doctor is dour, but accurate. None really know my son though. This should be fun!
Page 2
    • venison
    • By venison 27th Jun 19, 10:12 PM
    • 3,458 Posts
    • 4,640 Thanks
    venison
    ^^ not sure about that one tbh.
    A week after my assessment i got a text saying the dwp had received the assessment so I phoned and asked them for a copy (PA4) was told that it would take about 2 weeks, so when it comes I should have an idea of the award, so i will get a little more time to prepare for an MR if required. Fingers crossed x x
    If you are not part of the solution then you must be part of the problem.
    • _shel
    • By _shel 28th Jun 19, 4:05 AM
    • 2,080 Posts
    • 3,791 Thanks
    _shel
    I think it's about finding those who may need help with the application process. So if they say yes, if they've not got an appointee, the DWP should offer help.
    • poppy12345
    • By poppy12345 28th Jun 19, 6:46 AM
    • 5,415 Posts
    • 5,012 Thanks
    poppy12345
    A week after my assessment i got a text saying the dwp had received the assessment so I phoned and asked them for a copy (PA4) was told that it would take about 2 weeks, so when it comes I should have an idea of the award, so i will get a little more time to prepare for an MR if required. Fingers crossed x x
    Originally posted by venison
    You should receive it within a few days, if they sent it when you requested. Good luck and let us know what those recommendations are.
    • kingfisherblue
    • By kingfisherblue 28th Jun 19, 1:25 PM
    • 8,518 Posts
    • 18,446 Thanks
    kingfisherblue
    I think it's about finding those who may need help with the application process. So if they say yes, if they've not got an appointee, the DWP should offer help.
    Originally posted by _shel

Thank you. It's slightly odd, then, as I had made the phone call as my son's appointee, and they had checked the details before proceeding with the call. I suppose that it is standard script though.
    • venison
    • By venison 28th Jun 19, 4:37 PM
    • 3,458 Posts
    • 4,640 Thanks
    venison
    You should receive it within a few days, if they sent it when you requested. Good luck and let us know what those recommendations are.
    Originally posted by poppy12345
    Will do.....
    If you are not part of the solution then you must be part of the problem.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,601Posts Today

7,746Users online

Martin's Twitter