Options
13»

Comments

• shapala
    shapala Posts: 616 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Archergirl wrote: »
    The people in my post office get fed up with people doing online postage and then taking it into the post office for proof of posting forms, I always get stamps so I don't feel guilty getting proof of posting but it must be frustrating for them doing the work for no gain to the post office. The speed of delivery does vary sometimes and with the C word coming it gets worse........

Shame and says something about people. I use RM everyday -normally 3 or 4 parcels, from 2nd class, 1 st, 1st class recorded and SD.

My postmaster is an absolute gent - professional yet friendly. He knows I'm only there for him to stamp the PofP forms. Personally, I think RM are fantastic as have had very few issues spanning 5 years for my eBay business (I only post to UK if that matters).
  • custardy
    custardy Posts: 38,365 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    shapala wrote: »
    Shame and says something about people. I use RM everyday -normally 3 or 4 parcels, from 2nd class, 1 st, 1st class recorded and SD.

My postmaster is an absolute gent - professional yet friendly. He knows I'm only there for him to stamp the PofP forms. Personally, I think RM are fantastic as have had very few issues spanning 5 years for my eBay business (I only post to UK if that matters).

You seem confused.

Royal mail and Post Office are two different companies.
    So who are you praising?
  • RFW
    RFW Posts: 10,020 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    shapala wrote: »
    Personally, I think RM are fantastic as have had very few issues spanning 5 years for my eBay business (I only post to UK if that matters).
    Royal Mail only deliver in the UK so it probably helps;)
  • WLM21
    WLM21 Posts: 1,495 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    When I first started selling on Ebay I ALWAYS sold using the 'Royal Mail Signed For' service. I think I was scared my item would get lost.

The possibility of somebody saying they never received an item and claiming a refund is prevented too with this option.

As a buyer, you can see the postal price before bidding / buying so there shouldn't be a problem with unreasonable postal charges.

I don't do this now unless the item is over £20 in value. If I know in advance the value will be high, I add the extra shipping cost to the listing, but if I don't know in advance (perhaps a lucky find) I just pay myself.
  • charlies_mum
    charlies_mum Posts: 8,118 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Another late delivery this week and an INR case opened for something posted 10 days ago

I have now switched to First Class, so there's another 20 / 30p added to the cost which will have to be passed on to the customer

The manager at my sorting office has flagged the problem but is being told there are no problems. I'm dreading Christmas.
    You're only young once, but you can be immature forever :D
  • soolin
    soolin Posts: 72,204 Ambassador
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Another late delivery this week and an INR case opened for something posted 10 days ago

I have now switched to First Class, so there's another 20 / 30p added to the cost which will have to be passed on to the customer

The manager at my sorting office has flagged the problem but is being told there are no problems. I'm dreading Christmas.

Drop your quick dispatch time even though it means you lose your discount , I extended mine, a noticed a slight drop in sales for a few days but they are now back up to the level they were before. Also for parcels opt for shutl 3 days (or whatever it is) but send 2 nd class (which is a shutl service!) and that extends it even more.

Once it all settles down switch back again.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure