Add your feedback on energy supplier OneSelect

Comments

• I've had no problems at all from One Select. The transition was smooth, (it does take 2 weeks to do a hand over) customer services are great, no being held in a queue. Be warned though they do take a DD Payment a month in advance, so when you switch you will be billed and then again at the end of that month, I was aware of this before switching, it didn't put me off as it was still cheaper! You don't need a final bill to switch, only a meter reading and they do the rest. Cost is kept low as it is all done online, platform does need a bit of improvement though. But, you can log in online and see the billing information, your Plan and to add a meter reading. First reading needs to be submitted via email and then after that they will request future readings from you which you can then submit online. I was worried about switching as I have been with BG for years, but can't believe how much I have saved with no disturbance.. same gas different admin! Would definitely recommend.
  • trinidadone
    trinidadone Posts: 3,337 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I left my previous supplier on 30th April 2018. so far so good with the switch, everything seems to be online. As the previous person said, this company will bill you a DD a month in advance, so be aware, however, that does not bother me too much, as i much prefer to be in front, and than owing.

I have not received my first bill as yet, been asked to submit meter readings or had any communication from the company, so i can only assume things are aok!!

I read on page one of this thread, that although there are no exit fees if you decide to switch within the 12 months, a cash back is paid after the full 12 months is served, does anyone have any further information on this? Also, do I need to actively submit meter readings each month / quarter, am i asked for them by the company, or what???
    Trinidad - The hottest place to go
  • I switched in 2017 and they were brilliant. But then things started getting worse.
    If you need to contact them you can stay on the phone for up to an hour and the staff are extremely rude.
    I reported a faulty meter and the girl asked me to email photos to her work email address. Never heard anything back at all, not even an acknowledgement of my email.
    When you email you get an automated response below:
    Thanks for contacting OneSelect.

We are currently experiencing exceptionally high email volumes and we are taking longer than usual to reply. This falls short of our normal customer service levels and we apologise for any inconvenience caused. We’re working hard to reduce the wait time.

If you are trying to submit a meter reading, you can do this via logging into your online portal. If you haven’t yet set up your account, all you need is your email address. Visit the portal: https://myaccount.oneselect.co.uk/

Alternatively, you can call us on 0333 21 25 973 between 8.30AM – 5PM Monday to Friday.

I work between 8am and 5pm so no chance to call and email is the only option.

They messed around my account when I moved house and I couldn't get my new account to show online. It wouldn't let me register a new account in that email address because I already had one and when I tried a different email address it said the account number was wrong.

Just left them, via email because I can't actually spend my lunch break waiting to get through on the phone (There's no "close account" option on the web) and I'm still waiting for a response two weeks on. Absolute shambles. Utterly useless!!!!!
    "One cool judgment is worth a thousand hasty counsels. The thing to do is to supply light and not heat."
    -Woodrow Wilson
  • I have been with them for 1 year and am in credit with OneSelect for £70 and asked for a refund 6 weeks ago. Still waiting! I think this is too long to wait for a refund myself. Does anyone else have any experience of this company? I know it is one of the cheaper offers on the market but not sure how I feel about them keeping my money.:whistle:
  • trinidadone
    I have been with them for 1 year and am in credit with OneSelect for £70 and asked for a refund 6 weeks ago. Still waiting! I think this is too long to wait for a refund myself. Does anyone else have any experience of this company? I know it is one of the cheaper offers on the market but not sure how I feel about them keeping my money.:whistle:

what about logging a complaint under the companies complaints procedure?
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Newbie
    edited 13 August 2018 at 7:24PM
    I have, I sent my second email to them 10 days ago and have not had a response. Not sure what to do now, except wait............. and wait.............
  • It is now 8 weeks since i requested a refund for the over payment on my account and still waiting! Is this a record? I am not sure what else I should do to get this moving as I have emailed and submitted up to date readings. Has anyone else had problems with this company? To say I am not happy is slightly understating it. :(
    I suppose the only thing to do now is to submit a complaint to the ombudsman as I have had no response.
  • trinidadone
    It is now 8 weeks since i requested a refund for the over payment on my account and still waiting! Is this a record? I am not sure what else I should do to get this moving as I have emailed and submitted up to date readings. Has anyone else had problems with this company? To say I am not happy is slightly understating it. :(
    I suppose the only thing to do now is to submit a complaint to the ombudsman as I have had no response.[/Q

have you logged a complaint with the company?
  • I would not recommend Oneselect I have had problems from day one No one replied to emails We put a bad review on Trustpilot and someone contacted us ONCE and then never replied to that email. have phoned emailed and even written to this company to try and sort out the problem but no response. Such a simple thing I gave my readings when I went to them and they have not passed them to my last supplier who are asking me for money on an estimated bill the estimate being much higher than the real reading as of today my previous supplier says no readings have been passed by Oneselect I have kicked myself for not looking at all the reviews for this company most are bad and most complain of no reply to emails. That will teach me
  • I am looking to switch to another fixed tariff and One Select comes up every time offering an estimated annual cost of £766 but when I go to their site that has shot up to £1058. Where has the "great saving" of £133 per year gone? Instead it would cost £292 more than their offer on this site and £159 more than staying with my current supplier.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure