CMS written off Ex unpaid CM

Help

My ex owes around £1500 in child maintenance. She is playing the game very well and keeps changing job, agent etc.

Today I receive a letter from the CMS saying they have "written off unpaid child maintenance".

The letter cites they cannot recover the debt.

I am not sure what basis they have made that judgment as she works, lives in nice house has a decent BMW.

What can I do?
thanks

Comments

• elsien
    elsien Posts: 32,522
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    edited 6 December 2019 at 6:13PM
    Maybe the house is rented and the car is a company car or in someone else's name?

You can make a complaint to CSM if you think they've not tried hard enough.
    All shall be well, and all shall be well, and all manner of things shall be well.

Pedant alert - it's could have, not could of.
  • mutley74
    mutley74 Posts: 4,020
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    elsien wrote: »
    Maybe the house is rented and the car is a company car or in someone else's name?

Nope. She is married and its a joint house and her BMW. A few years back I got the CSA (after months of perseverance) to issue court proceedings for bigger debts then. She paid up the debt to avoid going to court with a lump sump!
  • Comms69
    Comms69 Posts: 14,229
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    mutley74 wrote: »
    Nope. She is married and its a joint house and her BMW. A few years back I got the CSA (after months of perseverance) to issue court proceedings for bigger debts then. She paid up the debt to avoid going to court with a lump sump!

Is she a PAYE employee, or a contractor with self employed role / own ltd company
  • mutley74
    mutley74 Posts: 4,020
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Comms69 wrote: »
    Is she a PAYE employee, or a contractor with self employed role / own ltd company

not sure, they changes between staff and agency (PAYE) - although more often agency.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure