No Buying Unnecessary Toiletries September 2016

Options

Comments

• fixx
    fixx Posts: 792 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    A 7 by Autumn update, as it's getting close:
    - Barry M Flawless Chisel Cheeks contour kit - still have loads in this, as I just can't use it every day. I'll use it a bit more now while I'm more tanned.
    - assorted bath products ([STRIKE]2 very old Lush bath bombs[/STRIKE] - all gone!, Tisserand Sweet Dreams bath oil 20ml, and M&S Morroccan Escape bath essence 50ml) - working on it :)
    - Benefit Confessions of a concealaholic kit - not sure I'll get there with this. Even though it was already well used, and I've been using it practically every day, there is quite a bit left of various things!
    - 2 primers (Monu illuminating primer spf 15, and one other) - not a chance! The Monu one is lasting forever. But I love it, so that's ok :D
    - [STRIKE]2 eye treatments/creams [/STRIKE](Clinique custom smart eye treatment, and Clinique all about eyes) - both gone, plus a bonus 3rd!
    - [STRIKE]2[/STRIKE] 1 hair serums ([STRIKE]ogx coconut milk serum[/STRIKE], and Toni&Guy radiating tropical elixir) - second one almost finished!
    - [STRIKE]2[/STRIKE] 1 cleansers ([STRIKE]Ren gentle cleasing milk 25ml[/STRIKE], and Elemis Omega rich cleansing oil 50ml) - this will be a close run thing...
  • fixx
    edited 5 September 2016 at 8:11PM
    Options
    VALM wrote: »
    I warn you now though ladies I will be spending at the airport. Will definitely be getting a new mascara and will avow not to try high street ones again as they all seem to smudge.

Just catching up on last months thread - I think I remember someone earlier in the month asking for cheap mascara recommendations too?

I'm generally not a fan of high street mascaras - but I bought a maybelline one cheap (£4) at B&M a couple of months ago, just to play with while working out the best mascara for me - and it's blown me away!

It's: Maybelline Volum' Express Colossal Smoky Eyes Mascara
    It's a volumising mascara rather than a lengthening one, but is now the only mascara I use, even for day time makeup. It darkens and thickens my lashes - but with no clumping whatsoever, so it looks really natural! I normally just use one coat - and my lashes look nice and defined. -and no smudging, though I do always use Urban Decay primer potion with any eye makeup-

I've also got: Benefit, Clinique, No 7, L'Oreal, and Laura Gellar mascaras

But this is def my fave... Not that it'll stop me checking out other mascaras for an even better one though :rotfl:
  • bradleysmum
    Options
    Have added my UUs on the last thread but here is my
    PP List for September

Palmolive honey bath milk 500ml
    Imperial leather raspberry and lime body wash 250ml
    Chocolate orange grounded coffee scrub 200g
    Sanctuary spa luxurious body butter 300ml
    Imperial leather foamy banana shower cream
    Sanctuary spa Intensive Heel Balm 75ml

Not a very big one this month but as most of my stash is made up of shower gels and body lotions there are only so many I can use up in a month!
  • sam.4000
    sam.4000 Posts: 1,396 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    iNs
    5 sugar scrubs from future primative. Should be the last INS for the month unless something tempts me.

UUs
    8) Humphrie aloe soothing shampoo WNBA SLS free and did lather but got bored of it and had to use a lot to feel my scalp was clean.

9) Korean face soap ( can't remember name) WNBA used as hand soap as I found to too drying for my face.

10) Lush so white bath bomb WBA love the scent and it lingers in the bathroom even when emptied.

11) lush dream cream WBA it is easy to absorb into the skin and light but does hydrate my skin.

12) Malie coenzyme sheet mask WNBA okay, bit big but not as good as others.

13) it's skin pore sheet mask WNBA okay but nothing special.

14) Iope anti wrinkle intensive cream WNBA too rich for my skin. Lasts well and works well but I found it sat on my skin and prefer lighter creams.
  • seasideDreamer
    Options
    I'm in, have been at a festival all weekend, back in the wee hours this morning then straight to work pretty much...looking forward to a pamper this week though:T

VALM our Debenhams has had cards and wrap in for a few weeks now:eek::eek:

A UU here Skinology Tree facial scrub , its a bit thick and you always seem to get way to much in a squeeze but another opened.

A freebie IN from O2 S&G Endless Glove mini hand cream from hubbys App...will be claiming my own too if there's any left:money:
    Debt free and busy treating myself:)

No more toiletries/make up until I've used what I've got stashed since Jan 2011, graduated October 2012. Restocked Dec 13..damn those sales
  • gemmajenkins0208
    Options
    Only got a couple of wipes left in the Simple wipes pack and the Wilko wipes pack so I'm estimating that both packs should be UU'd by the end of the week :o
  • dolly84
    dolly84 Posts: 5,851 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    I have some uu's

Imperial Leather Foamy Banana Shower Gel - this smelled just like the sweets but we did get through it super quick so not sure if I would buy again.

Teeeze Desert Metals Mascara - gorgeous mascara, very black, no smudging whatsoever even when applied on lower lashes, felt really conditioning when I applied it too. It is an american brand and there is one stockist here, it is £15 for the mascara but the postage is £4 or something and it doesn't cost that to post a mascara so WNBA.
    Debt Free and now a saver, conscious consumer, low waste lifestyler

Fashion on the Ration 28/66
  • dolly84
    dolly84 Posts: 5,851 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    An update on my 7 by Autumn list

[STRIKE]Bourjois Healthy Mix Concealer[/STRIKE] - b/f from 7 by summer
    Max Factor Cream Blush in Soft Pink - b/f from 7 by summer
    Lancome Juicy Tube - mini GWP size
    Korres Rose Tinted Lip Balm - the stick type one
    Smashbox Photo Finish Eye Primer - sample size
    Bobbi Brown Pale Pink Powder Blush - mini in a GWP palette
    Urban Decay Double Ended Eye Liner - Zero/Corrupt - just want to finish Corrupt.

The cream blush has had to be scraped from the edges into the middle of the pot and I apply with a stipple brush but it just goes on and on.

I haven't even used the Juicy Tube - I really don't like it it is so sticky, the Korres balm was huge and just won't go but I do love it. I'm nearly there with the Smashbox Eye Primer (fab stuff), I haven't touched the BB blush. The UD eye liner just keeps going and going, I sharpened today but there is no way I will finish it - maybe by Christmas.
    Debt Free and now a saver, conscious consumer, low waste lifestyler

Fashion on the Ration 28/66
  • fixx
    Options
    I'm in again, thanks for the new thread!
    I've also seen a "30 days of blush" challenge (different one every day for September) which I think I can manage, so am going to try that and see if I really do like all of the blushers I have. September always seems to be a good month for silly projects like that!

So I only have 6 blushes, and it's already a few days into the month - but I quite fancy this as a mini challenge. I hardly ever wear blush, but it's because I'm not used to it, not sure what colour to wear etc.

I've pulled out my blushes to sit on my counter (all in a neat little drawer anyway) - this could be interesting :)
  • seasideDreamer
    Options
    An IN for me Dove Colour Care Shampoo,nearly out of shampoo again so it was needed.
    Debt free and busy treating myself:)

No more toiletries/make up until I've used what I've got stashed since Jan 2011, graduated October 2012. Restocked Dec 13..damn those sales
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure