Broken prepayment meter

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    edited 14 July 2019 at 4:08PM
    Honestly, I've never had a statement whilst with spark. Paper or email.

We do top up a lot, seems common where we live from speaking to other neighbours. The eco friendly air source heat pumps are not wallet friendly.

And no, we can't be paying off previous occupiers debt. We were the first tenants in this house, it was a new build. We had the meter installed.
    Most suppliers simply install a prepay and fit and forget them. They used to be forced to send a yearly statement but I suppose thats all ended nowadays .BG have given up years ago and would maybe send a paper statement if asked.
    If your meter was active all the info is on the screens if you know how to interpret them, and full kwh usage by the occupier since meter was either installed and taken over by a new occupier is on two of of the screens, ( G and H ). That is a very useful thing to know because you can easily add up how much you have spent since a new occupier or since it was installed ,plus daily standing charges.
    Spark will only be aware electronically, if they bother to look, that the meter is not being credited from the last time you bought a top up.
  • Hi Ladystardust78

I'm really sorry to be so late getting to your post.

If you still need help with this, can you please drop me a line to the email address given in my profile? I'd need your full name, your MSE name, and your full address and phone number.

Kind regards

Jenny
    Customer Relations Team
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of Spark Energy. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • Hi,
    Quick update, the power is still on.....but, my fuse box tripped when I plugged in my blender earlier.
    Any ideas?
  • baza52
    baza52 Posts: 3,029
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Hi,
    Quick update, the power is still on.....but, my fuse box tripped when I plugged in my blender earlier.
    Any ideas?

use a fork to mash it up?
  • :T fair enough
  • Spark energy, I have emailed.

10 day response time! I thought I might be finally getting somewhere after 3 weeks.....i guess not!
  • D_M_E
    D_M_E Posts: 3,008
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    10 day response time - but did they say which particular 10 days?
  • Funnily enough they didn't.......hoping it might be this year though:rotfl:
  • Just noticed the meter is not longer flashing either. Does this mean it's not calculating usage?
  • AndyCF
    AndyCF Posts: 748
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    Just noticed the meter is not longer flashing either. Does this mean it's not calculating usage?

I think its one flash per kW or something like that, it should be flashing occasionally. By the sounds of it no, its not doing that and it may of been fried I guess as likely indicated way back in this topic.

If it should go off ( ! ) , pull the token out and push back in again to see if yo can activate the E.C . I'd not recommending doing this unless you have a problem as while its "alive" its worth leaving alone, they are well aware of the issue/concern with the meter anyway you've made it clear. :) I strongly doubt it will turn off from what I have read/researched however.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure