Trust Deed - Scotland

Hello all. Just looking for a bit of general information regarding taking out a protected trust deed in Scotland and the implications. If you're unsure as to what this is, here is the formal definition:

A Protected Trust Deed in Scotland is a formal, legally binding arrangement between an individual and their creditors which lasts for a period of 4 years although a longer period can be considered. It is a legal binding agreement which can only be carried out through a licensed Insolvency Practitioner (IP) who will act as the Trustee.

Basically, I've agreed this to sort the large level of debt that I have. But I have other circumstances that are now affected.

My debt over the last couple of years became unmanageable, debt increased and as an out, I turned to gambling then the debt got worse.

This month has seen my relationship with my partner dissolve completely due to the stress of everything i'm putting everyone through regarding the debt. This has meant that we have had to give our landlord notice regarding the private let property as neither of us can afford this on our own.

So that presents my biggest current issue. I need to find myself a new home/flat. I can afford this on my own now that the Trust Deed will be in place next month but will i have no chance when it comes to Letting/Estate Agents agreeing to properties because of my Trust Deed?

If anyone has any knowledge or advice on any of the above, I'd love to hear it because finally talking about any of this has seen my anxiety helped a lot.

LH :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport