Regular Saver Thread **New and Restarted**

Comments

• adindas
    adindas Posts: 6,813 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 10 September 2018 at 8:44AM
    xylophone wrote: »
    I have the Advance a/c - Pref Reg Saver matured, the cash was automatically transferred overnight to existing instant access saver and visible the following day - at that point I applied for new Pref Reg Saver which was visible within a day or so.

https://www.hsbc.co.uk/savings/products/regular-saver/

Is the delay because you did not have an existing savings account into which the automatic transfer could be made?

B_G_B wrote: »
    This seems to be a common factor for two of us. Can't offer a solution to adindas this time around although it would be useful to hear from others to see if this is a common denominator.

I just checked my HSBC account. Indeed I do not have instant saver at the moment. I used to have Flex Sav Pref but I might have canceled it as it is currently disappeared from my account list on HSBC.

So this might be explaining why it is still showing Pref Reg Sav which preventing me opening the new one.

I will try to have at least one flex saver for future use.
  • liamcov
    liamcov Posts: 615 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    It'd be interesting to hear how many accounts users have - especially the prolific offenders who post regularly :D

I opened my 29th one yesterday :beer:
  • liamcov wrote: »
    It'd be interesting to hear how many accounts users have - especially the prolific offenders who post regularly :D

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5889284
  • schiff
    schiff Posts: 20,099 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    liamcov wrote: »

Welcome to the list of prolific offenders then. BTW you've just been beaten - by two :)
  • Any chance this thread could be used just for discussing new and currently available accounts, and keep the chit chat to other threads?

It's annoying getting several notifications each day to find there's no actual changes or discussion about the accounts happening.
  • schiff
    schiff Posts: 20,099 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    An ongoing problem, been discussed before. You could check in just the once a day, or twice?
  • Sorry I don't monitor this thread much, and it's a bit unwieldy to search through, so sorry if this has already been discussed, but has the Virgin Regular E-Saver gone, or am I just missing it? I can only find the branch-based regular saver now.
  • Steve_xx
    Steve_xx Posts: 6,976 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Fingerbobs wrote: »
    Sorry I don't monitor this thread much, and it's a bit unwieldy to search through, so sorry if this has already been discussed, but has the Virgin Regular E-Saver gone, or am I just missing it? I can only find the branch-based regular saver now.

Currently, only the branch version of Virgin's regular saver exists.
  • Mee
    Mee Posts: 1,441 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Steve_xx wrote: »
    Currently, only the branch version of Virgin's regular saver exists.
    When I opened my first branch RS recently, the branch manager said he didn't think it would be the last of the e-RS and fully expected the e-RS to be back on the market soon.
    Free thinker.:cool:
  • Steve_xx
    Steve_xx Posts: 6,976 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Mee wrote: »
    When I opened my first branch RS recently, the branch manager said he didn't think it would be the last of the e-RS and fully expected the e-RS to be back on the market soon.

That's good to hear. I don't want to have to go into a branch to be grilled each time one of these comes up!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure