Best put on my big girl pants! my saving for a deposit diary

Options

Comments

• Silence101
    Options
    That’s great! And the right storage should hopefully make a world of difference. I’d look on Pinterest and IKEA website first, so you know exactly what will work, and not clutter up the space more.
    I was thinking, your son might need one of those bunk beds with a desk underneath, so he has space for homework. And they usually have wardrobe space too so save a fair bit of space. I saw a few on gumtree when we were thinking of buying one, so it doesn’t have to be too expensive.
  • Tahlullah
    Tahlullah Posts: 1,086 Forumite
    Options
    1212 days. Hooe you get yourself a calendar/spreadsheet so you can track each day of saving whilst you count them off. Anyway, I am a bit sad as its the sort of thing I would do!

You have a great plan with absolute deadlines with sound reasoning behind them. And with the careful planning of storage solutions within the home, you will be fine.

I agree Ikea is the place to look. Allows you to picture small space living with effective storage solutions. Plus it isn't too expensive so won't eat away at your savings.

Good luck, I will be watching and cheering you on to your new life.
    Still striving to be mortgage free before I get to a point I can't enjoy it.

Owed at the end of -
    02/19 - £78,400. 04/19 - £85,000. 05/19 - £83,300. 06/19 - £78,900.
    07/19 - £77,500. 08/19 - £76,000.
  • mumof3.12kindebt
    Options
    Ikea was where I ordered from.

2 years ago I invested in a set of wooden bunks with a trundle bed underneath effectively giving us 3 beds when the lowest is pulled out. It also has 3 small drawers where all the boys bedding and blankets are stored. We have recently put it back to a bunk as separately they had no room just a small gap between the beds to get in and out of bed. It's made a bit more space putting it back to a bunk bed. But as it separates if we move sooner and youngest isn't in a bed or is still in with us for whatever reason we won't need to buy the boys new beds.
    I reduced my Nanas small folding table as it was going to be taken to land fill it fits both boys on it with the one side up so we have managed to make space in the kitchen area for it for the boys to eat at and eldest to do his homework at. When we move eventually eldest will have the smallest room probably a box room size so I will look at getting him a loft or cabin bed with a desk and wardrobe or chest of drawers underneath.
    June 17 £16,000 debt ~ nov 18 DEBT FREE •June 21 £16,308 debt / july 22 debt free •Original mortgage free date 01/06/2059 current mortgage free date 01/05/2046
  • mumof3.12kindebt
    Options
    I've mentioned on previous post about my second son having global development delay. Today we recieved the letter off his peadiatricain regarding his last appointment. Why is it always more of a slap in the face reading something than being told.
    Basically they suspect he has a type of dwarfism so he is going to have to have further investigations for that now too. (he has the classic symptoms) ... There's always something isn't there. It's it wrong to feel sad. I also wonder if I feel like this now how the hell am I going to cope with them telling me that it is definitely that :(
    June 17 £16,000 debt ~ nov 18 DEBT FREE •June 21 £16,308 debt / july 22 debt free •Original mortgage free date 01/06/2059 current mortgage free date 01/05/2046
  • Tahlullah
    Options
    No its not wrong to feel sad. I am sorry to hear that about your son and they really should have told you face to face rather than rely on a letter. Doesn't give you an opportunity to ask questions.

But on the other side, you can ask for a meeting and by the time you get to meet, you will have had the opportunity to think through all the questions you want to ask and wouldn't have thought of at the time.

Owed at the end of -
  • mumof3.12kindebt
    Options
    Today has been spent decluttering the hall.
    We each have one coat. One bag 2 winter hats one summer hat scarf and gloves. I have an everyday pair of shoes. Snow boots and wellies same for partner kids have school / nursery shoes. Trainers and wellies and snow boots. Baby has a snowsuit and a quilted coat.

I want to tackle our bedroom on my days off next week. The kids room has nearly been sorted. Ready for the new storage unit to arrive
  • mumof3.12kindebt
    Options
    We have had quiet abit of snow here. Luckily no work today but will have to drive home at 10pm tomorrow and back in work at 7am on Tuesday. They have an empty room there and I'm half tempted to ask my manager if I can sleep in there instead of having to drive home on what will probably be icy roads in the dark.
    Anyway stay safe everyone x
  • mumof3.12kindebt
    Options
    The roads were worse yesterday at 3pm driving home than Monday night or Tuesday morning.
    Anyway made it home in one piece.

Kids back to school today after having Monday and Tuesday off due to the snow.
    Partner took eldesr to school. It's so icy I couldn't walk in it it's also raining so Christmas shopping has been put off for a few days.
    So today is a day at home relaxing. We put the Christmas tree up yesterday. And got rid of one of the units in the lounge to give us more space.

Second son has his X-ray tomorrow on his legs as part of his investigations into if he has a type of dwarfism. We should see his consultant hopefully before March or sooner to discuss the results. I also need to mention his growth chart. He was bang on the 2nd percentile from birth to 16 months. Then between 16 months and 30 months dropped to less than 0.4 percentile (he's actually 2 squares below the 0.4 percentile and that is where he has stayed and it still at age 48 months (4 years old) . His head is on the 75th percentile. And weight 25th percentile.
    The pediatrician at the last appointment did mention because I'm not tall he could follow me. Which may be the case as going by his growth chart as long as he grows at a normal rate he will be about my height previously before the drop in height he would of been around 6 inches taller than me. The pediatrician took my measurements and mine are all in accordance to each other. Which raised his concerns because sons weight and head aren't in accordance with his height. He also mentioned about his having shorter upper arms and legs. It's was his arms legs and head that made me raise concerns not so much his height. Anyway it's just a waiting game now to see what they say. Either way he will be brought up that the only boundaries he has in life are the ones he sets himself just like the rest of my kids. Due to his gdd he isn't like other children his age anyway but you know like all kids he's taking it at his own pace. Since having his diagnosis of gdd 15 months ago we have put lots of implements and additional support in place. He has got a ehcp for nursery which is being reviewed in January ready for the additional support he may need at school.
    He currently attends a mainstream and sen nursery and we will find out next year if he will be going to the sen school or mainstream with additional support. Its what is best for him and help him to achieve his full potential thata important if he needs to continue at a sen setting thats where he will go. He's done well in the last 15 months. Learning and using sign language with him has been a massive help . I look forward to the day he can come out of school and tell me what he did and if he had a good day . The day he can tell me why he feels poorly instead of having to try and work it out with little communication. The day he rides a bike or scooter. The day he doesn't have daily meltdowns because he's frustrated or because there's been a change to what's happening that day.
    But most importantly through all the hard times that I've never had to deal with with my eldest I'm thankful that he's happy. He loves life and the amazing things he's taught me. Ive found strength In me I didn't know existed patience that is more than I ever knew possible. And an understanding and pure Pride for all parents especially those with sen children I salute you mums and dads it's hard being a parent it's even harder when your journey has extra bumps in the road. We are near the beginning the last 15 months have been filled with heartache tears anger. But more so and more importantly love pride and joy .
  • Tahlullah
    Options
    Fantastic heartfelt post MO3. Sending you and your family best wishes

Tx

Owed at the end of -
  • mumof3.12kindebt
    Options
    thank you.

First of the possibly many investigations today. X-ray on second borns legs.

I'm full of hope and smiles love and strength. Either way we will be okay with it. Could be months before the doctors can give us a final decision on if he does or doesn't have a type of skeletal dysplasia. Maybe longer.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure