Mr and Mrs K's New Journey to a Debt Free Life.

Comments

• AlexLK
    AlexLK Posts: 6,125
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Forumite
    Thank you all. I will respond to your messages tomorrow when I am feeling coherent. However, it is late now having tried to sleep I can't with the events of today buzzing around in my head. *Sigh* I hate not being able to sleep when I'm tired.
    2018 totals:
    Savings £11,200
    Mortgage Overpayments £5,500
  • LannieDuck
    LannieDuck Posts: 2,359
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Morning :)

Some thoughts I had last night:

* Could you transfer your credit card debts to cards with 0% interest?

* Given how much you've spent on clothes over the last year or so, I imagine you have some fairly nice designer labels that you never wear... would you be up to ebaying some?

* I loled at your intro post on your diary:

"Apparently, each bill needs to be looked at separately, even "council tax" has become a separate entity now though my pen fund seems to be strangely missing."

You have a nice writing style - you should look at the Up Your Income board which has links to review sites that will pay you to write for them. Especially with your esoteric knowledge of pens and watches! You won't make big bucks, but plenty of people make enough to cover Christmas presents, for example.
    Mortgage when started: £330,995

“Two possibilities exist: either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.”
    Arthur C. Clarke
  • theoretica
    theoretica Posts: 12,256
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Forumite
    So glad you have an in-house expert! It will take a little time to get things sorted, but not as long as you might think - I really expect that in 3 months you will have little debt remaining, and that under control and shrinking!
    But a banker, engaged at enormous expense,
    Had the whole of their cash in his care.
    Lewis Carroll
  • Well done Alex!
    :T
    I really like your writing style & have subscribed to your Diary.

Mrs K sounds like a great girl: listen to her & when she tells you something, remember the best reply is always "Yes dear." ;)
    (Nicked from my Dad's speech at our wedding...)
  • AlexLK
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Forumite
    LannieDuck wrote: »
    Morning :)

Some thoughts I had last night:

* Could you transfer your credit card debts to cards with 0% interest?

* Given how much you've spent on clothes over the last year or so, I imagine you have some fairly nice designer labels that you never wear... would you be up to ebaying some?

* I loled at your intro post on your diary:

"Apparently, each bill needs to be looked at separately, even "council tax" has become a separate entity now though my pen fund seems to be strangely missing."

You have a nice writing style - you should look at the Up Your Income board which has links to review sites that will pay you to write for them. Especially with your esoteric knowledge of pens and watches! You won't make big bucks, but plenty of people make enough to cover Christmas presents, for example.

Morning,

As far as the credit card bills go, I doubt it as I am fairly sure I have truly wrecked my credit file.

We weren't thinking of eBaying clothes we hadn't wore yet, more hanging onto them to wear and so we don't have to buy more. Both Mrs. K. and I like a classic style so it's not the type of thing that looks 'off trend' in about five minutes. :)

Thank you! I used to enjoy writing a great deal and the idea of getting paid to write is quite intriguing. Unfortunately, I am not sure my writing (especially my grammar and punctuation) is up to anywhere near a professional standard.
    2018 totals:
    Savings £11,200
  • AlexLK
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Forumite
    theoretica wrote: »
    So glad you have an in-house expert! It will take a little time to get things sorted, but not as long as you might think - I really expect that in 3 months you will have little debt remaining, and that under control and shrinking!

Fingers crossed, eh? :)
    2018 totals:
    Savings £11,200
  • AlexLK
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Forumite
    Well done Alex!
    :T
    I really like your writing style & have subscribed to your Diary.

Mrs K sounds like a great girl: listen to her & when she tells you something, remember the best reply is always "Yes dear." ;)
    (Nicked from my Dad's speech at our wedding...)

Thank you and um, thanks for the advice. ;)
    2018 totals:
    Savings £11,200
  • LannieDuck
    LannieDuck Posts: 2,359
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    AlexLK wrote: »
    Thank you! I used to enjoy writing a great deal and the idea of getting paid to write is quite intriguing. Unfortunately, I am not sure my writing (especially my grammar and punctuation) is up to anywhere near a professional standard.

It doesn't need to be professional. I think the site's called dooyoo, but it's not something I know much about. It's like writing reviews for Amazon - that sort of level.
    Mortgage when started: £330,995

“Two possibilities exist: either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.”
    Arthur C. Clarke
  • Shovel_Lad
    Shovel_Lad Posts: 1,123
    First Anniversary Photogenic
    Forumite
    LannieDuck wrote: »
    It doesn't need to be professional. I think the site's called dooyoo, but it's not something I know much about. It's like writing reviews for Amazon - that sort of level.
    It is Dooyoo and there is a thread about it :)

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4490749

Look forward to reading of your journey to a debt free life :)
  • have read your thread from start to end and wow how far you have come in such a short time.

Think mrs k will have this sorted in no time.

my friends hubby suffers from depression and 4 years ago had a breakdown brought on by debt (which she knew nothing about) but even though she was mad with him she refused to make him sell his motorbike she knew (had been suffering from depression all their married life) selling his most prized possession would have made his health worse.

Keep your car it obviously means a lot to you just hold off on buying it presents till your sorted.

*subscribed
    Starting Debt at LBM Sept 2012 £10761:eek:
    Aug/13 £6,456:)
    Need to save:
    Xmas...........24/12 0/400
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts