Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • soolin
    • By soolin 25th Jul 10, 4:35 PM
    • 62,466Posts
    • 44,897Thanks
    soolin
    The (not so old) Crocks Cafe -Part 2
    • 25th Jul 10, 4:35 PM
    The (not so old) Crocks Cafe -Part 2 25th Jul 10 at 4:35 PM
    With thanks to zzzLazyDaisy for the original thread, this is part 2:

Part 1 can be found here: http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=1224675

*Raises the shutters*

*puts out tables and chairs outside to take advantage of the October sunshine*

*Puts out sign saying 'open for business'*

Anyone for afternoon tea and a chat?

Members of the Crocks Club
    Last edited by soolin; 25-07-2010 at 4:42 PM.
    I'm the Board Guide for the Ebay Board , Charities Board , Dosh & Disability , Up Your Income and the Local MoneySaving-England board which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. However, do remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com
    New to Forum? Guide
Page 97
    • soolin
    • By soolin 9th Feb 12, 11:42 AM
    • 62,466 Posts
    • 44,897 Thanks
    soolin
    Just had a strange thing happen.

Mother in law died approx 5 years ago of breast cancer and lived around 80 miles from us, although she often stayed, especially when she was unwell. My GP surgery just called to say that they had had an urgent message left to say my MIL was staying and was unwell, and they were asking me to confirm that I wanted them to visit and that my MIL was here with me at my home. They had her name and her date of birth...yet she never registered with them (she had her own GP)

Made me feel quite strange, a real message out of time.
    I'm the Board Guide for the Ebay Board , Charities Board , Dosh & Disability , Up Your Income and the Local MoneySaving-England board which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. However, do remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com
    New to Forum? Guide
    • SingleSue
    • By SingleSue 13th Feb 12, 11:33 AM
    • 10,583 Posts
    • 60,070 Thanks
    SingleSue
    Major major step forward for middle son at the weekend....his band played publicly for the first time!

Not so huge normally but two members (one of them is middle son) have Aspergers and music has given them a channel for their aggression and something to chill them out. They loved it and now want to do more!
    We made it! Two graduated, 1 currently at university, been hard work but it shows there is a possibility of a chance of normal (ish) life after a diagnosis (or two) of ASD. It's not been the easiest route but I am so glad I ignored everything and everyone and did my own therapies with them.
    Eldests' EDS diagnosis 4.5.10, mine 13.1.11 eekk!
    • black paw
    • By black paw 5th Jun 12, 1:22 PM
    • 1,775 Posts
    • 1,147 Thanks
    black paw
    Soolin...well spooky ! and weird ....
    SingleSue well done on sons band bet you were real proud !
    the truth is out there ... on these pages !!
    Last night I lay in bed looking up at the stars in the sky and I thought to myself, where the heck is the ceiling.
    • SingleSue
    • By SingleSue 7th Jun 12, 11:11 PM
    • 10,583 Posts
    • 60,070 Thanks
    SingleSue
    Certainly was.....he had another breakthrough on Monday, he took part in a jam session without his bandmates. Ok it took a lot of nagging by his friends but he finally did it.

Not bad for someone who has to rehearse to death every single thing he plays...and he appeared to enjoy it a fair bit which is even more important.
    We made it! Two graduated, 1 currently at university, been hard work but it shows there is a possibility of a chance of normal (ish) life after a diagnosis (or two) of ASD. It's not been the easiest route but I am so glad I ignored everything and everyone and did my own therapies with them.
    Eldests' EDS diagnosis 4.5.10, mine 13.1.11 eekk!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,558Posts Today

9,077Users online

Martin's Twitter