Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    idvi
    Blue Badge
    • 3rd Jul 10, 10:33 AM
    Blue Badge 3rd Jul 10 at 10:33 AM
    Hi there,

I have some mental health problems and have been advised i might be able to get a blue badge because of anxieties and the bipolar/ocd.

but looking around mental problems dont "normally" qualify

Should I apply or not? i dont want to be done for fraud if I apply and i'm thought to be a 'faker', I just thought that if I had it then it would make life easier for going out

I already have the bus pass, cinema card, dla mid-rate care etc

all advice welcome!

This Forum Tip was included in MoneySavingExpert's weekly email

Don't miss out on new deals, loopholes, and vouchers

Last edited by Former MSE Wendy; 13-07-2010 at 6:46 PM.
Page 19
    • Indie Kid
    • By Indie Kid 7th Aug 10, 10:33 AM
    • 21,629 Posts
    • 29,326 Thanks
    Indie Kid
    I understand what you are saying & if it's to add a paracetamol then ok but if you have an increase or decrease in a drug such as morphine or had baclofen & catheters introduced or taken away you are supposed to let them know as this is a change in your situ & it's part of the agreement of DLA . It is actually beneficial to you to do so . Also if in a few months you needed to let them know about an issue and mentioned a med that they have not got down for you on your claim then they would say oh & what date did that start & why have we not been informed.It just keeps everything in order so no come back on you
    K
    Originally posted by kusadasi040667
    Oh I see. I didn't realise I had to do this. I haven't informed them that I'm now on medication; but I'm probably changing it next week.
  • Trialia
    I understand what you are saying & if it's to add a paracetamol then ok but if you have an increase or decrease in a drug such as morphine or had baclofen & catheters introduced or taken away you are supposed to let them know as this is a change in your situ & it's part of the agreement of DLA . It is actually beneficial to you to do so . Also if in a few months you needed to let them know about an issue and mentioned a med that they have not got down for you on your claim then they would say oh & what date did that start & why have we not been informed.It just keeps everything in order so no come back on you
    K
    Originally posted by kusadasi040667
    It's hardly beneficial for me. Any time I've had to change a med on my form, they've made me fill out the whole thing - the LONG form - all over again, and that makes me nearly suicidal all by itself - last time it took me 3 hours with professional help.
    Homosexual, Unitarian, young, British, female, disabled. Do you need more?
  • ash4becks
    It's hardly beneficial for me. Any time I've had to change a med on my form, they've made me fill out the whole thing - the LONG form - all over again, and that makes me nearly suicidal all by itself - last time it took me 3 hours with professional help.
    Originally posted by Trialia
    i have had that many changes meds wise i would be near filling a form out near every other week of late , funny thought they havent asked me to do that i have just asked them to record it on their system

i dont bother ringing them unless its say i have been dignosed with something that changes things alot care or nmoblity wise, really its just mixing combinations around till they get the right combination last count on meds taken was about 15 depending on how iam i swaer i rattle when i walk

oh and blue badge wise cab sue was going off it i didnt get badge but iam feeling good atm been 2 whole days of things just being sore tierd and a bit achy a mircle in itself but for how much longer ?? bit iam scared about known, just means i have housework to do which strangely iam happy about for once
  • idvi
    hi guys, just forgot to update before - the medical went well i think? was just asked a few questions by the doctor - that was exactly 7 days ago last wednesday, and i know my doc submitted evidence a while ago, so i hope i hear either way soon
    2 esa medicals passed successfully (support group - it can be done!!)!!
  • idvi
    just thought id let you know that i had a lovely suprise this morning waiting for me on the door mat. yep.. bb came!
    2 esa medicals passed successfully (support group - it can be done!!)!!
  • ash4becks
    just thought id let you know that i had a lovely suprise this morning waiting for me on the door mat. yep.. bb came!
    Originally posted by idvi
    great to see you got your badge x
  • TheBottomLine
    The appeal was worth it, good for you.
    Only 3% of those registered blind in the UK have zero vision.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,030Posts Today

8,625Users online

Martin's Twitter