ESE Solar Panel Free Health Check

Comments

• pinnks
    pinnks Posts: 1,259 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    something to add to the recycling...

It does make me wonder why they think they are complying with the General Data Protection Regulations (GDRP) and whether a report to the authorities by a recipient of one of these letters may cause them to dig very deeply into their pockets to pay what can be very substantial penalties? Just a thought...:beer:
  • Solarchaser
    Solarchaser Posts: 1,663 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Havent had any letter, but have received several phone calls in the last year claiming they know my installer went out of business and they have taken over the warranty, and..... at which point I tell them I dont know who Mr. X is and I have no solar panels.

The first one caught me a little off guard and got as far as telling me there was now a solution to stop me having to buy electricity ever again. At which point I said "batteries?" And she said yes, and I said that is a blatant lie, what's your company name?... obviously she hung up.
    West central Scotland
    4kw sse since 2014 and 6.6kw wsw / ene split since 2019
    24kwh leaf, 75Kwh Tesla and Lux 3600 with 60Kwh storage
  • Just an update... Although Mum cancelled the appointment with Genmar and told them she wasn't interested, they have continued to call. Luckily they called yesterday when I happened to be at my mum's house and she passed the phone to me. I asked the man a lot of questions about this supposed 'warranty' & he couldn't give any useful answers, then after a bit more prodding he shouted "I don't flipping know, do I? I don't care if you have it done or not!" and he hung up! :D
    Hopefully my mother is off their 'list' now.
  • snilloct1957
    snilloct1957 Posts: 210 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Just an update... Although Mum cancelled the appointment with Genmar and told them she wasn't interested, they have continued to call. Luckily they called yesterday when I happened to be at my mum's house and she passed the phone to me. I asked the man a lot of questions about this supposed 'warranty' & he couldn't give any useful answers, then after a bit more prodding he shouted "I don't flipping know, do I? I don't care if you have it done or not!" and he hung up! :D
    Hopefully my mother is off their 'list' now.

What a charmer! Got his number? Post it on here and we'll do the usual checks...:T
  • BlueSprint
    BlueSprint Posts: 13 Forumite
    edited 18 July 2019 at 4:40PM
    I was one of the two original complainants to then ASA about BT Solar Ltd earlier this year. Read the ASA report here https://www.asa.org.uk/rulings/bt-solar-ltd-a19-549757.html

I've just phoned the number and a female answered without saying the company name. When I questioned who it was she said BTSA so they are obviously still running in some form.

The email address on the letters mail@btsa.co.uk does not exist. Indeed the domain btsa.co.uk is not registered at all. This is who they will tell you to email if you ring and asked to be removed from their mailing list. All I can say is AVOID!

NB, Ive informed ASA again under my original complaint regarding the copy of letter to user' Intolerant Goth' above
  • ESE was so heavily battered by the 1000's of bad reviews on the web about their tactics that they
    restarted with the letters as BTSA.

BTSA was so heavily battered again by the Daily Mirror and other reports that the owners of ESE/BTSA
    have now restarted by moving premises, new brand etc as RHI Energy Savings

rhienergysavings.com//

The letters from RHI are worded almost exactly the same as both ESE and BTSA.

When are these guys going to be addressed by the authorities I wonder?
  • pinnks
    Perhaps submitting complaints to the Advertising Standards Agency and/or Trading Standards by anyone who has been affected by this firm's tactics could be a place to start?
  • pinnks wrote: »
    Perhaps submitting complaints to the Advertising Standards Agency and/or Trading Standards by anyone who has been affected by this firm's tactics could be a place to start?
    From post #47:-

I contacted Action Fraud, Trading Standards, CAB, MCS and Gemserve about their activities. If that doesn't stop them, nothing will!

I never heard a thing back from any of these organisations above, it's like our concerns don't matter. :mad:
  • pinnks
    I put a complaint into the ASA. Will see what comes of that...:beer:
  • We fell for this some time ago and paid £800 for four years cover,someone was coming over to check the system but after several months they never materialised so we asked for a full refund and actually got it. They have approached us again for the “free health check” and the man is supposed to be calling Oct 16th but we are cancelling thanks to all the info on this site, thanks all Mike. Rowlands.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback