So poor I can't even pay attention

1490491492493494496»

Comments

• maddiemay
    maddiemay Posts: 4,985 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    gosh, it is all speeding along, hope you get a result with the "barman" conveyancer , I echo Taxi's advice, it would be much easier to use someone local, once the buyer's solicitor starts wanting lots of answers to queries (standard stuff), but sometimes lots of i's to dot and T's to cross, you really need to have someone you can get hold of and possibly be able to drop paperwork directly into. In my (former) working life, most of the delays and problems were caused by dozy or inept conveyancers. If you need things to proceed quickly, make your conveyance aware of this at the earliest opportunity. YOU are the client and paying the bill.
    The best thing about the future is that it comes one day at a time. (Abraham Lincoln)
  • jaybee
    jaybee Posts: 1,555 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Aww Piquant. So much going on. Sorry, I can't offer practical suggestions on all the 'official' stuff but do *try* to step back and relax a bit. Easier said than done I know. At least you have somewhere to live for the time being - whatever the problems are with it. If you think about it you are actually in a very strong position and you have the winter (brrr) to clear your head and think about what (and where) you want to be. This time next year . . . . this will all seem like history. Relax with Colin (ooh err - just as well everyone knows he's a cat!!!!) and it will all fall in place - you'll see.
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,243 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Don't let yourself be forced into going too quickly for you.
    The buyers want your house & they will wait.
    Take care xx
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • wow everything is going super fast, but given the current market i'd be super happy to sell so quickly :) it sounds like it's meant to be. Everything will fall into place. It always does. Will the small cottage mean less outgoings for heating, water, electricity, coucil tax etc? If so sounds good :)
    MFW 2024 #17
    OP straight to mortgage - APRIL £307/ 206.88 (ytd £640) working towards owning 50%
    MOP savings account 1200 / 3000 to be paid later this year
    Mortgage balance 01/01/24 £99224.13 01/02 £98,833.7201/03 £98,928.18
    01/04 £97,646.20
    Baby EF done £1.5k.Working towards goal 2 £37.75/500
    Food Budget - JAN 484.44/500, FEB 488.59/500, MAR 439.33/500, APR 531.34/500
  • gallygirl
    gallygirl Posts: 17,228 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Piquant wrote: »

Gally - can the online solicitors get things done quickly? The buyers want my house asap and although it would be nice if things were a little slower, financially it would help not having to find extra months worth of money.
    taxi73 wrote: »
    and breathe...
    Personally,I wouldn't use an online conveyancer as they will be hard to get hold of and time seems to be of the essence...

Well, when we bought the 'acccidental house' we exchanged and completed 25 days after offer was accepted - is that quick enough :D. Unfortunately I can't remember the log-in details for the email account I was using at the time and I'm away from home so can't access paperwork but they were great at doing things quickly and far more approachable and proactive than local firms who expect you to be able to attend when it suits them and don't return your calls. Sounds like it's sorted now though :T.
    A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort
    :) Mortgage Balance = £0 :)
    "Do what others won't early in life so you can do what others can't later in life"
  • gallygirl
    gallygirl Posts: 17,228 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    gallygirl wrote: »
    Well, when we bought the 'acccidental house' we exchanged and completed 25 days after offer was accepted - is that quick enough :D.

Don't know where I plucked that out of the air. Completed 17 days after offer accepted (ever tried authorising an instant payment by phone from Spain :eek:), and only 13 days after we received the instruction letter from solicitors.

PIQ - found details, have PM'd you :).
    A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort
    :) Mortgage Balance = £0 :)
    "Do what others won't early in life so you can do what others can't later in life"
  • Piquant_2
    Piquant_2 Posts: 5,769 Forumite
    PPI Party Pooper Mortgage-free Glee! Debt-free and Proud!
    And so to the new diary.....

Link to Adventures of a Fat Cat, Old Nag and their Trusty Servant
    Total debt at October 2008: £67,213.30
    Total debt today: £0
    - debt and mortgage free 29th November 2013 :T
    Sealed Pot Challenge member 14
    Save £12K in 2014 - £6,521.90/£6K member 138

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing