PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

March 2011 Grocery Challenge

Comments

• rachbc
    rachbc Posts: 4,461 Forumite
    Arrrgh when will I learn not to take oh and dd to the shops with me lol! Aldi yesterday - £25 inc mini magnums, cookies and other bits not planned. Ah well suppose its not too bad - running total £115/270 and won't need anything til next weekend.
    People seem not to see that their opinion of the world is also a confession of character.
    Ralph Waldo Emerson
  • never_too_old
    never_too_old Posts: 3,082 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Morning does anyone know if Mr M still have the offer on the baked beans, dont want to have a wasted trip.
    MAKE £2022 in 2022 no 29 £2022/£434.10
    Mortgage@ 1/1/2022 £17540 / £1601.39
    pay all your debts by xmas 2022 £15000/ £1865.29

https://www.facebook.com/groups/680889456637403
    you tube channel never too old
  • Mothership
    Mothership Posts: 823 Forumite
    l.m.hart wrote: »
    Morning does anyone know if Mr M still have the offer on the baked beans, dont want to have a wasted trip.

I had a wee look on fixture ferrets , they list all the offers , didn't see any beans. Did a search, Sainsbugs have heinz 8 tins for £3.50 .

I got some from Aldi 29p each, I think , OH has been eating heinz all his life and says he wouldn't eat anything else LOL ,(He hasn't even noticed I've changed brands).

I've subscribed for a year to fixture ferrets, if anyone is looking for anything in particular let me know and I will have a wee look for you
    :)
    1st Purse £114.19 Monthly GB
    2nd Purse ££100
    :rotfl::j:wave::j:rotfl:
    Fridge Freezer £300 3rd Purse /£290.94
  • katenut
    katenut Posts: 530 Forumite
    slbhill wrote: »

There are a few things where the "double the difference" refund is bigger than the cost - so they're paying you to take it away :beer: Example was Banrock wine - priced at £10.49 a bottle :eek: at Tesc0 but £5 at MrA. So you pay £10.49, but are refunded double the difference - the difference is 5.49 so the refund is 2*5.49 = £10.98!

Thanks for posting this - I now have 2 bottles of wine and a voucher for more than they cost - free wine and a small profit, woohoo!! xx
    Trying to jump back onto the moneysaving wagon .... :cool:
  • never_too_old
    never_too_old Posts: 3,082 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    quintwins wrote: »
    i know i said to my oh i was glad i didn't buy branded stuff often, i spent £30 and had 4 mesly bags lol, i do my whole shop for £40 lol but my 4 bags were pretty much free

ok i've been thinking about this and i didn't add my first spend to my total, but now i've spent a voucher i'm gonna have £5 less that what i spent to spend next month, so i've was thinking of adding the £5 to my total then decided this is going to get too confusing, so i'm gonna add the whole £29.90 to my total, which will mean i'll be well over this month, but then i should be under next month

i really can't buy anything else tho (expect my bag of spuds) as i had to play tetris last night to get a loaf in my freezer and my cupboards and fridge are just as bad

Ohh i have my email £12.12 difference in price so voucher for £24.24:j:j:j:j:j

got to go and get some potatoes this aft on my way out ( i pass mr t) so have revised my list slightly and will pop in again ( i have checked prices .

Thanks for looking Mothership
    Bran**on beans were 30p a can last week should have got more.:D
    MAKE £2022 in 2022 no 29 £2022/£434.10
    Mortgage@ 1/1/2022 £17540 / £1601.39
    pay all your debts by xmas 2022 £15000/ £1865.29

https://www.facebook.com/groups/680889456637403
    you tube channel never too old
  • martafdz
    martafdz Posts: 1,000 Forumite
    edited 13 March 2011 at 1:21PM
    Just thought i would report - this was DELICIOUS!! The sauce was awesome, i could've drunk it!

Could you post the normal (no SC) recipe? I do not have a SC but might try it on the hob since it is so yummy! :o
    l.m.hart wrote: »

Branston Baked Beans are at 30p 412g (half price) at MrM, the offer still appears in MrM website.

Mothership, could you repeat again what is that you had to do with sausages to get rid of the nasty stuff? Was shimmering them for 5 min in boiling water?
    Quit smoking *1st January 2010*

13/12/2012, baby girl!!!
  • minnie2
    minnie2 Posts: 513 Forumite
    i am confused about the mr t mr a thing!!! not sure i can get my head around it
    Frugal living challenge - need to revisit its been.a while !! Need to reduce our debts!!
  • quintwins
    quintwins Posts: 5,179 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    i got my voucher aswell, i'm not sure if i shud spend it tho, i thought i'd done 3 receits already but acually the firts one i did was my email, and the last 2 was oh's because our online shops threw there, so i could sqeeze another 1 in lol, i'll see what offers are on on wed when i go with my mum as i'm determined to not just buy stuff for the sake of it
    DEC GC £463.67/£450
    EF- £110/COLOR]/£1000
  • SOT2011
    SOT2011 Posts: 301 Forumite
    Update time following the weekly shop.

Spent £55.38 in Mr T this morning including a reduced large chicken which I am planning to stetch to at least 3 meals each, and hopefully will do me a couple of lunches too if I get the soup made.

Also spent £10.15 yesterday in Ald1, went for the first time to see how it compared to L1dl, not sure I like it as much, but will give it another go in a couple of weeks and see what the veg offers are like again then. Only bought things we will def eat, but couldn't really knock much off my weekly shopping list in there this time.

So running total for this month is £120.75/£240. Half way through the month and 75p over half my budget, so if can keep on like this I think I might just make it.
    Debt Free since Nov 11 (ish) (except the £118000 mortgage :o) as at Jan 2013 but still hanging around DFW as I need to Stay On Track.

"My dad used to say, 'You wouldn't worry so much about what people thought about you if you knew how seldom they did'." Phil McGraw
  • Mothership
    Mothership Posts: 823 Forumite
    martafdz wrote: »
    Mothership, could you repeat again what is that you had to do with sausages to get rid of the nasty stuff? Was shimmering them for 5 min in boiling water?

Yip simmer in water for 5 min then fry or grill them. I've done it with about 6 different kinds now, oh! yuck the gloop that comes out of them. I wish I'd have discovered this before. I love sausages but not the amount of fat that oozes out of some.
    1st Purse £114.19 Monthly GB
    2nd Purse ££100
    :rotfl::j:wave::j:rotfl:
    Fridge Freezer £300 3rd Purse /£290.94
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business