Eon energy reviews: Give your feedback

Comments

• Former_E.ON_Company_Representative:_Malc
    Former_E.ON_Company_Representative:_Malc Posts: 6,558 Organisation Representative
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Hengus wrote: »
    Thanks Malc. Given my scenario, the fixed term contract will have ended; E.oN will not have been informed of a switch by the end of contract date so the customer will have been moved on to your SVR. Are you saying that this change of tariff will be reversed if a 'switch in progress' notification is received by the 20th day? I ask because E.oN seems to have a different view on the receipt of a switching notification than some other suppliers.

Morning Hengus and, yes, the cheaper prices will apply up to the supply end date.

Depending on the individual circumstances and when we receive notification from the new supplier, provided this is inside the window, a bit of manual adjustment might be needed to apply the lower prices. We've systems in place to flag up such cases.

Hope this explains.

Malc
    Official Company Representative
    I am an official company representative of E.ON. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • System
    System Posts: 178,093 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Morning Hengus and, yes, the cheaper prices will apply up to the supply end date.

Depending on the individual circumstances and when we receive notification from the new supplier, provided this is inside the window, a bit of manual adjustment might be needed to apply the lower prices. We've systems in place to flag up such cases.

Hope this explains.

Malc

Malc,

Good morning. Thanks for the clarification. If E.oN would just try to be more competitive on prices then I might just return.
  • It's a bit different for customers on Fixed Tariffs. Here, all the Reward points they would've built up during their fixed period will be given up-front. These customers have 2 years to exchange their points. They have longer as this was agreed in the terms and conditions of their tariff. We're writing to these customers at the moment to let them know.

To clarify - Does this also apply to customers on Collective Fixed "Tariffs?" Does this have the same status as the Fixed tariffs on E.on's website?
    We've also lowered the amount of points customers need to exchange for shopping vouchers. Previously, 500 points were needed to earn a £5 voucher. Now, customers can exchange for a £1 voucher when they reach 100 points.

Hope this puts some flesh on the bones. Let me know if any more information is needed as happy to help.

Malc

That makes sense. I wondered how you would be able to exchange any number of points less than 500.
    Fred - Where's your get up and go?

Barney - It just got up and went.

Carpe diem
  • icharus
    icharus Posts: 103 Forumite
    Malc,

Good morning. Thanks for the clarification. If E.oN would just try to be more competitive on prices then I might just return.

Ditto. Like a number of others on this site I don't want to switch, but the transfer is now in process.

As I said in another thread I would really like to know EON's logic on this. I suspect that in the next month or so the stats will show EON is losing market share and a competitive tariff will suddenly appear, just too late for current leavers!

Those further up the ladder are obviously not listening to Malc et al or this has been a really number crunching calculated decision re the current tariffs.
    Former_E.ON_Company_Representative:_Malc Posts: 6,558 Organisation Representative
    Looks like Rewards will no longer be available with any tariff?

Disappointing, rather than interesting.

On their website, too.

The points i would accumulate for the remaining term of my tariff equates roughly to £25 when redeemed. I know it's "only" £25, but it was still a bonus.

Not alerting customers to cheaper tariffs, either.

If E.on is making all these cutbacks / changes, it makes you think?

Why?

Hello fredandwilma.

As above, from 31 March 17, Rewards will no longer be available on any of our tariffs. As you say, our website has also been updated with this information.

This decision has been taken as part of the product review I've mentioned previously. It'll help us reinvest in different products and services as we look to redesign our overall portfolio for 2017. This is ongoing and details will appear on our website first.
    To clarify - Does this also apply to customers on Collective Fixed "Tariffs?" Does this have the same status as the Fixed tariffs on E.on's website?

That makes sense. I wondered how you would be able to exchange any number of points less than 500.

Yes, I can confirm, the same applies to customers opted in and earning Reward points whilst on one of our Collective tariffs.

I agree, lowering the level where customers can exchange points for shopping vouchers is better for those preferring this option as the scheme draws to an end.

Hope this explains fredandwilma. Let me know if you need any more information as happy to help.

Malc
    I am an official company representative of E.ON. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
    Malc,

Glad it was useful Hengus. Can't personally do much about the prices, I'm afraid. Although Helena and I are continually feeding back about reactions to our tariffs including the one launched yesterday.

Have a good weekend.

Malc
  • pineapple
    pineapple Posts: 6,931 Forumite
    Although Helena and I are continually feeding back about reactions to our tariffs including the one launched yesterday.
    Some feedback from me. Personally I would rather a competitive price than any Rewards. I live out in the sticks and as they can't be spent online, I would have to drive around 50 miles round trip to get to a participating retailer. The exception being a small Boots in a market town 8 miles away.
  • fredandwilma
    fredandwilma Posts: 1,251 Forumite
    Chutzpah Haggler I won, I won, I won! Rampant Recycler Debt-free and Proud!
    Hello fredandwilma.

Yes, I can confirm, the same applies to customers opted in and earning Reward points whilst on one of our Collective tariffs.

I agree, lowering the level where customers can exchange points for shopping vouchers is better for those preferring this option as the scheme draws to an end.

Hope this explains fredandwilma. Let me know if you need any more information as happy to help.

Malc

Hi Malc,

Thanks for that. Presumably, all l i need to do is wait for my correspondence and E.on will work out my future points pro rata from the previous or previous years and inform me in due course?

It shouldn't be too difficult to work out as my usage has been remarkably consistent, each year. You couldn't plan it if you tried.

I'm very happy with that news and i had some more excellent news from E.on today, so overall, you still have one extremely satisfied customer, (well, somebody has to be?) :D

f&w

Carpe diem
    edited 17 January 2017 at 1:18PM
    Hi Malc,

Thanks for that. Presumably, all l i need to do is wait for my correspondence and E.on will work out my future points pro rata from the previous or previous years and inform me in due course?

It shouldn't be too difficult to work out as my usage has been remarkably consistent, each year. You couldn't plan it if you tried.

I'm very happy with that news and i had some more excellent news from E.on today, so overall, you still have one extremely satisfied customer, (well, somebody has to be?) :D

f&w

Afternoon fredandwilma and glad we've given you some good news. You're right, we'll write to you with details about the scheme closure. Letters started to go out to customers on fixed tariffs last Monday (9 January 17).

As you're on a eligible fixed deal, we'll give you all the points you would've earned right up until the end of the contract in one lump sum. This will be done by the end of April 17. Once done, you'll be able to see them on your online account.

You'll be able to exchange the points from 1 May 17 although you'll have up to 2 years to do this if needed as per the terms and conditions of your tariff contract.

The Rewards scheme lets you earn up to 1500 points per year or just over 4 a day. This is the same regardless of usage or bills. The number of points will depend on how long you've to run on the tariff. Points already accumulated aren't affected.

As above, pleased we've been giving you some good news fredandwilma and hope this adds to it. Have a good weekend. :)

Malc
  • fredandwilma
    fredandwilma Posts: 1,251 Forumite
    Chutzpah Haggler I won, I won, I won! Rampant Recycler Debt-free and Proud!
    Afternoon fredandwilma and glad we've given you some good news. You're right, we'll write to you with details about the scheme closure. Letters started to go out to customers on fixed tariffs last Monday (9 January 17).

As you're on a fixed deal, we'll give you all the points you would've earned right up until the end of the contract in one lump sum. This will be done by the end of April 17. Once done, you'll be able to see them on your online account.

You'll be able to exchange the points from 1 May 17 although you'll have up to 2 years to do this if needed as per the terms and conditions of your tariff contract.

The Rewards scheme lets you earn up to 1500 points per year or just over 4 a day. This is the same regardless of usage or bills. The number of points will depend on how long you've to run on the tariff. Points already accumulated aren't affected.

As above, pleased we've been giving you some good news fredandwilma and hope this adds to it. Have a good weekend. :)

Malc

Excellent. Thanks for all the info Malc.

I still have over 18 months of my tariff remaining, so it is good of E.on to honour my remaining rewards, as it does state you can withdraw them at any time. In a lump sum, too.

I was going to add, i hope you've had a good weekend, but i see you are currently online. Don't work too hard. :)

f&w

Carpe diem
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills