trying to top up my mum's oyster card online and having problems.

Options
I am trying to top up my mum's payg oyster card from the tfl website. Everything goes fine but then during checkout they ask for a train station. My mum only uses it on the buses to go to and from 2 shopping centres, and there are no train stations nearby So how can I top up her card when we are not within decent distance of a train station?

Comments

• dzug1
    dzug1 Posts: 13,535 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    If you are in reach of an Oyster Ticket Shop (several thousand of them throughout London in newsagents, corner shops and the like) you can top up there. There could well be one in one or both of the shopping centres.

http://www.tfl.gov.uk/tickets/14434.aspx may help

Or have a look at auto top up
  • Philip21
    Options
    Thanks I still can't understand the logic of no actual top-up online for payg I thought this was 2012 not 1912 the oyster top up "system" seems completely backwards.
  • mr_fishbulb
    Options
    Philip21 wrote: »
    Thanks I still can't understand the logic of no actual top-up online for payg I thought this was 2012 not 1912 the oyster top up "system" seems completely backwards.
    You can use online topup as long as you can touch your card in at a train/tube station. Not for buses, which is a bit crazy. They don't have a problem taking the money off, why can't they put it on?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure