Blue Badge

Comments

• cherub1965
    cherub1965 Posts: 8,470 Forumite
    i see your point,and i agree with you.i'm just getting my point accross,not at you hon.its just so many people abuse the system and the genuine people struggle as a result.i used to suffer panic attacks after an assault and hated going anywere crowded.
    Shine on you crazy diamond..............
  • cherub1965
    cherub1965 Posts: 8,470 Forumite
    dont worry about it idvi,hope you get one if it makes your life easier,i was just asking how come you needed it really.
    some people come on this forum and just wait to pounce and argue with people.am not ignorant,as i said my friend has exact same issues as yourself but she doesnt really go out much.i have had panic attacks and yes they are scarey.am not saying for one minute it compares with your problems.i see now you have explained why one would make your life easier.
    the only thing with shopping centres,supermarkets etc,if they are on private land the badge doesnt count.there is nobody to enforce it.traffic wardens cant book people,its down to the people who own the centres to employ people to go round checking cars.
    Shine on you crazy diamond..............
  • darknesshayz
    darknesshayz Posts: 122 Forumite
    Cherub1965, I understand your anger about people using/abusing Disaubled Bays.... dont get me started lol.... Whenever I go to Morrisions, with my mum (she is a BB holder), we managed to park in a Bay, and I get out walking slowly (as I am in pain), and look at the other cars, and see if they have a bagde, and if they dont, oooooh I get so angry, I rant about it... I am hoping to get a BB on different grounds to Mental Health issues, I might be able to get one as I am pasically sighted, so its up to who ever.

I rarely go out now, due to mental iusses, but I dont want to try and get a BB on that.

The guinue do suffer, thanks to the fakes.... I can go on, but I best stop.
  • Indie_Kid
    Indie_Kid Posts: 23,077
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Forumite
    I might be able to get one as I am pasically sighted, so its up to who ever.

I tried last year to get one because of my sight. The criteria was very misleading - it said "yo qualify if you receive mobility allowance" - which I do (lower DLA) and got turned down. This is despite the fact that I can only see about 12 feet (with glasses) and have various conditions which cause pain and tiredness.
    Sealed pot challenge #232. Gold stars from Sue-UU - :staradmin :staradmin £75.29 banked
    50p saver #40 £20 banked
    Virtual sealed pot #178 £80.25
  • sunnyone
    sunnyone Posts: 4,716
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Trialia wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure there's something in the DVLA's guidelines about not driving if you have mental health problems that are not under control - I have unmedicated bipolar disorder, they won't let me drive. So you should be able to get it, but it's worth trying either way.

the ability to drive has nothing at all to do with BBs, it might get you a bus pass (as the OP has already mentioned) but not a BB.
  • Trialia
    Trialia Posts: 1,108 Forumite
    sunnyone wrote: »
    the ability to drive has nothing at all to do with BBs, it might get you a bus pass (as the OP has already mentioned) but not a BB.

Mm. I'm sorry, I'm just a bit foggy today. *g* You're right about that, obviously.
    Homosexual, Unitarian, young, British, female, disabled. Do you need more?
  • McKneff
    McKneff Posts: 38,816
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    Give over you lot.

OP, i really wouldnt bother.
    Blue badges are for people with physical mobility problems, not mental problems, how on earth do you think being able to park near the shop would help your mental problem. If you are going to go into meltdown, then stay in the car till it passes. You dont qualfy for a badge simply because you hate walking through crowds.
    Going into a nearby shop and having a meltdown would be 10 times worse for you and embarrasing which would make you feel even more panicky.

My OH has no sight in one eye and no peripheral vision in his other, so not only is his sight restricted, his balance is off and i always have to be there on his 'blind side' we got a resounding no to the request so to be honest i wouldnt demean my self for the sake of walking a few extra yards.
    make the most of it, we are only here for the weekend.
    and we will never, ever return.
  • Indie_Kid
    Indie_Kid Posts: 23,077
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Forumite
    McKneff wrote: »
    Give over you lot.

OP, i really wouldnt bother.
    Blue badges are for people with physical mobility problems, not mental problems, how on earth do you think being able to park near the shop would help your mental problem.

Right, that's why it's possible for those on HRM with severe mental impairment (SMI) to get a blue badge - despite the fact that they have no physical mobility problems.

As for staying in the car until a meltdown passes - how does one do that if they're in the middle of shopping and suddenly has a meltdown?
    Sealed pot challenge #232. Gold stars from Sue-UU - :staradmin :staradmin £75.29 banked
    50p saver #40 £20 banked
    Virtual sealed pot #178 £80.25
  • Aputsiaq
    Aputsiaq Posts: 313 Forumite
    idvi wrote: »
    hi guys, please dont fight :j

i've done an online form on the council website for the bluebadge, now i just have to post a photo off!

just will have to wait then but ill tell everyone how it goes.......because it seems that you dont often get bluebadge for mental health.

would be good to hear from anyone else that has gone one because of similar problems?
    Why would it be good to hear of someone who got a badge for the same reasons?

Its absolutely crazy what goes on with these things....every man and his dog wants a blue badge because they can park in the middle of town or get free parking in some cases....no thought at all whether they 'really' need it.

Those badges should be for people who have considerable trouble walking or cannot walk....only!!
    And most councils agree....as most now stipulate that you MUST be in receipt of Higher Mobility DLA to get one.

Quite right too!
  • Aputsiaq
    Aputsiaq Posts: 313 Forumite
    Cherub1965, I understand your anger about people using/abusing Disaubled Bays.... dont get me started lol.... Whenever I go to Morrisions, with my mum (she is a BB holder), we managed to park in a Bay, and I get out walking slowly (as I am in pain), and look at the other cars, and see if they have a bagde, and if they dont, oooooh I get so angry, I rant about it... I am hoping to get a BB on different grounds to Mental Health issues, I might be able to get one as I am pasically sighted, so its up to who ever.

I rarely go out now, due to mental iusses, but I dont want to try and get a BB on that.

The guinue do suffer, thanks to the fakes.... I can go on, but I best stop.
    And how do you know who is a fake or not? Who made you judge?

If you see a car in the car park with no blue badge showing and he is in a BB space, its none of your business...why get angry over something you know nothing about?

The BB spaces in Morrisons belong to Morrisons.....not the council.....and they can have anyone they like parking there.
    As my daughter did not so long ago when she asked for permission to do so under special circumstances and not having a blue badge.

Take care of your own business and let other people deal with theirs.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure