Removing nasty comments from a website

Comments

• It’s a very interesting topic that’s for sure.

My personal opinion is that if comments are directed towards an individual, then it should be that individual who has be directly offended that raises a complaint.

The situation is that you are taking offence on someone else’s behalf on the assumption that they are offended. If you dont like the comments then you have the right to not read them i.e. — do t visit the site.

Way too much nowadays of people being offended on other people’s behalf - if they are truly offended they can speak up and say so themselves.

Are you offended OR have they offended you - BIG difference required totally different responses from you.
  • hollydays
    hollydays Posts: 19,812
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Have you shared insults with them?
    Is it more a case you want to get all the offending post about yourself removed and the site closed down?That's a different issue.
  • waamo
    waamo Posts: 10,298
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Forumite
    I'm I understanding this right? Some people made some nasty comments on a website. They are bullies and you want to tell on them. You want to know who you can tell on them to because you don't know.

They used bad words about someone you don't know so they should be made to stop.

Is that issue?
  • DF345
    DF345 Posts: 11 Forumite
    waamo wrote: »
    I'm I understanding this right? Some people made some nasty comments on a website. They are bullies and you want to tell on them. You want to know who you can tell on them to because you don't know.

They used bad words about someone you don't know so they should be made to stop.

Is that issue?

Thank you all. Yes, true but it's been going on for years. Some of them know each other but I've never met anyone, or spoken to them on the phone or e-mails, etc other than the person that owns it, runs it. The site is toxic. My concerns are that people happening to stumble across this site may be encouraged to make similar, nasty comments there but worse make those types of comments on other forums and real life.
  • DF345
    DF345 Posts: 11 Forumite
    hollydays wrote: »
    Have you shared insults with them?
    Is it more a case you want to get all the offending post about yourself removed and the site closed down?That's a different issue.
    No...........
  • DF345 wrote: »
    Thank you all. Yes, true but it's been going on for years. Some of them know each other but I've never met anyone, or spoken to them on the phone or e-mails, etc other than the person that owns it, runs it. The site is toxic. My concerns are that people happening to stumble across this site may be encouraged to make similar, nasty comments there but worse make those types of comments on other forums and real life.

There nothing you can do about something they might to as equally they might not.
  • forgotmyname
    forgotmyname Posts: 32,517
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    Become a moderator on the forum and you get to remove the posts and ban everyone you don't like.

Works for me. :)
    Censorship Reigns Supreme in Troll City...

• AndyPix
    AndyPix Posts: 4,847
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Forumite
    DF345 wrote: »

I think you should turn off your router and call your ISP and discontinue your service.
    You may have to pay an early termination fee but that's a small price to pay to not have to hear/read people saying naughty words …

I don't think the internet is for you
  • If I was OP I would not be using a board like this, in the same way I flush out the same in my social media. If I don't know you, you have on flock, and out!
  • hollydays
    hollydays Posts: 19,812
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    edited 20 January 2020 at 1:49PM
    DF345 wrote: »

There are toxic sites out there.
    Why can you not keep away from it?
    If it's got to the stage of bullying you, stay away.
    Have they got photos of you, by any chance?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure