Section 75 refunds - article discussion

Comments

• derrick
    derrick Posts: 7,424 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    moonrakerz wrote: »
    Possibly, may be, could be, you have to prove it first, faint chance, might be !

Doesn't mean it can't/won't happen, that is why the legislation is there.

I have personally used SoGA after 2 years on furniture with a 1 year warranty and won.

Don't be so negative.
    Don`t steal - the Government doesn`t like the competition

• Hi there, I bought jewellery whislt abroad and found out upon my return the gem was not correct therefore the value had halved. Attempted to speak with them but they won't respond. Can I claim under this act?? Sarah x
  • rbulph
    rbulph Posts: 547 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Why is this article headed "Free protection for ALL spending"?
    If the protection is for ALL spending, how do I get it if the item costs less than £100, more than £30,000, the seller won't accept a credit card, or I pay an agent? Am I missing something, or is the heading simply misleading?
  • jacobpay wrote: »
    Hi there, I bought jewellery whislt abroad and found out upon my return the gem was not correct therefore the value had halved. Attempted to speak with them but they won't respond. Can I claim under this act?? Sarah x

I also bought jewellry in Dubai and after about 6 months one of the stones crumbled away. I contacted the shop several times with no response. I contacted the Dubai Chamber of Commerce who originally said they would assist but then refused to reply to e-mails after I had sent them copies of the receipt.

I paid with a Morgan Stanley CC, and when I contacted them they said that I couldn't claim through them. Now, as I understand it, under section 75 they should have refunded me. Now they have been taken over by Barclaycard, so can I claim through them (the purchase was June 2006)?
  • If someone brought 2 items in shri lanka, and has waited 2 years for them to be made and delivered, and the items were not what they ordered, and the company has now gone out of buisness, can you still claim from the credit card company? Is there a time limit on claiming?
  • hi did you ever get an answer to the question about time limit?
  • Hi,

In July, I purchased flights to Copenhagen with the now bankrupt airline Sterling using my Alliance and Leicester Visa Debit card. Flights cost over £100 and we were due to fly in early December. Can I claim back using the Visa Chargeback letter?
  • I bought a sony vaio laptop computer in november 2007 using my company credit card issued by HSBC bank. I bought it over the internet and the company who sold it to me has now gone bust. More recently i have had increasing problems with the microsoft office software that came loaded on the laptop, included in the sale price. I have gone to microsoft website to get the relevant updates to fix the problems but microsoft tell me that the software on my computer is a fraudulent copy and wont therefore give me the updates i needto fix the problems. As the web company who sold me the laptop has gone bust i can't claim against them so i contacted HSBC to make a claim. They said in their reply that there was nothing they could do.

is this right or do i have a claim under Section 75 in this circumstances?

Thanks
  • Afternoon all

I bought jewellry in Dubai and after about 6 months one of the stones crumbled away. I contacted the shop several times with no response. I also contacted the Dubai Chamber of Commerce who originally said they would assist but then refused to reply to e-mails after I had sent them copies of the receipt.

I paid with a Morgan Stanley credit card, and when I contacted them they said that I couldn't claim through them. Now, as I understand it, under section 75 they should have refunded me. Now they have been taken over by Barclaycard, so can I claim through them (the purchase was June 2006)?

Cheers
  • I am in the process of claiming compensation from Barclaycard as a result of Zoom going bust and leaving my wife stranded in Canada. I wrote a very clear letter to them telling them I was making a Section 75 claim against them, and not Zoom. They have now written back asking me to contact Zoom/liquidators and inform them of their reply.

What should I do?

Should I just write back and remind them my claim is directly against them?

The letter didn't even say what to ask of Zoom/Liquidators, just to speak to them and pass on what they say.

Please help...I thought Section 75 allowed one to press a claim directly against the card provider.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure